Hey y'all,

In my Les Paul are a Gibson 57 Classic and a Gibson 57 Classic Plus.
I would like my guitar to look like this :

Is it okay to remove covers of humbuckers ? Is it difficult or risky ?
Is it easy to put them back on ?

Thanks!
Sure you can take them off. It'll change the sound of the guitar slightly but not it a bad way or anything.

EDIT: Just remember to put the screws either back in or in a well kept place.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Thanks, and do you have any tips on doing so ? and what about putting them back on ? Is it easy ?
They are only held on by the screws that are under each string. Take those screws out and they come right off. Do the opposite to put them back on, easy as pie.
?? You sure about that ?

Aren't those screws for the volume of each string ? I thought there was soldering involved
There's no soldering in the cover, thats in the wiring
Quote by ValoRhoads
There's no soldering in the cover, thats in the wiring

you are wrong.

the cover is soldered unto the backplate.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
you are wrong.

+1

Pickup covers are soldered onto the back of the pickup. Also, a lot of pickups have wax potting underneath the cover. Its not as easy as taking a couple screws out.

Depending on the pickups you currently have, you may be better off just buying some new pickups.
Quote by AcousticMirror
you are wrong.

True that. Makes me irritated, since I'd like open coils too.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
soldering the covers to the pickups grounds em and cuts hum, right?
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
^The covers will be connected to ground, yes, but it won't cut hum. The covers will kill a tiny bit of high end, but it isn't a huge difference.

Removing the covers is easy. Heat the solder joints on the back of the pickup baseplate with a soldering iron and then remove the solder with a solder sucker or desoldering braid. You can also cut the joint with the end of a hacksaw blade too. Then heat the cover with the shaft of the iron (not the tip) to melt the wax inside, and the cover should come off. They're usually a pretty tight fit so you might need to push them off with a little force.