Hi!
So I'm about to buy a new guitar and it will be an musicman jp so i wanna se the opinion of you guys, and i would be glad if you can help me with this. I wanna know with is the "best". Also if you have and jp can you leave the pros and cons plz? )i really love the mystic dream finish but also i love the jpxi ebony fingerboard....)
Thx ppl!!! ;D

Jp6 - http://www.music-man.com/instruments/guitars/john-petrucci.html

JpXI - http://www.music-man.com/instruments/guitars/jpxi.html
Belive in your dreams!
Honestly I have played both, and i would go with the mystic dream. It sort of feels like the new model was just made to have a new model and the look IMO is better with the mystic dream. They got it right with the mystic dream
JP6 - Basswood body
Maple neck, rosewood fretboard
15" fretboard radius
Oil finished neck

JPXI - Alder body w/mahogany tone block
Mahogany neck, ebony fretboard
20" fretboard radius, stainless steel frets
Painted neck

The JPXI will sound thicker/fuller because of the mahogany toneblock and neck. It also has a thinner neck ( ) and the BFR body shape (more symmetrical, no forearm scoop). The trem is different as well, the treble side trem post was moved because the older models had problems with the high E saddle hitting the post when you dived with the trem, and they fixed that with the redesigned trem.

You may prefer the basswood/maple neck combo of the JP6 over the BFR wood combo, in which case the JP6 would suit you better. There isn't really a quality difference between the two, but the 'upgrades' on the JPXI do add a fair bit to the price. Personally I'd take a JPX over those two, because I love the purple, and the chambered body is very cool too.
Quote by littlephil
JP6 - Basswood body
Maple neck, rosewood fretboard
15" fretboard radius
Oil finished neck

JPXI - Alder body w/mahogany tone block
Mahogany neck, ebony fretboard
20" fretboard radius, stainless steel frets
Painted neck

The JPXI will sound thicker/fuller because of the mahogany toneblock and neck. It also has a thinner neck ( ) and the BFR body shape (more symmetrical, no forearm scoop). The trem is different as well, the treble side trem post was moved because the older models had problems with the high E saddle hitting the post when you dived with the trem, and they fixed that with the redesigned trem.

You may prefer the basswood/maple neck combo of the JP6 over the BFR wood combo, in which case the JP6 would suit you better. There isn't really a quality difference between the two, but the 'upgrades' on the JPXI do add a fair bit to the price. Personally I'd take a JPX over those two, because I love the purple, and the chambered body is very cool too.

Thx mate! i think I'm gonna try the 3 and choose the one that fits better
Belive in your dreams!