Poll: Do you like television?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you like television?
Yes, I love television and I don't mind the commercials and consumer drivel
23 24%
Yes, but I'd rather watch shows online, no commercials and the such
40 42%
No, television outright sucks
16 17%
I don't care
17 18%
Voters: 96.
Page 1 of 2
What does the pit think about television? Do you think it's a bunch of commercial and consumer nonsense? Or do you believe there is a certain sanctity in television and in its shows that is certainly irreplaceable?
I don't watch it anymore, oddly enough.

It is nonsense, but it can be entertaining nonsense occasionally.
It's the way of the future.

One day I'll upgrade to one o' dem color teevees.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
haven't watched it in a long time
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Quote by neidnarb11890
Television rules!
Best album ever? Mayhaps.
I was going to post that joke.

On topic: I don't watch television very much, but I really like Freaks And Geeks. That show is fantastic. I also watch The Rachel Maddow Show. (Don't judge me.)
I have a DVR. Probably the best invention ever.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
i love television! the consumer drivel gives you just enough time to take a piss and come back with a bowl of doritos.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
There are still a few shows on that have merit, and I do watch tv in low doses. But often I find myself watching shows on netflix and the like.
I haven't had cable for years now, and I don't really miss it considering I can watch the few shows I like on Hulu.

I think if cable was choose & pay, it'd do better. Personally, I'm not cool with paying 50+ a month to watch two channels and four or so shows.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by AeolianWolf
i love television! the consumer drivel gives you just enough time to take a piss and come back with a bowl of doritos.

This.
I watch three or four shows if I remember when they're on and sports broadcasts. Commercials are the worst thing to happen to the world.
I'm always watching tv

And I count watching shows on hulu and Netflix as watching tv because it's basically the same thing.

Why wouldn't you watch shows like Its Always Sunny, Modern Family, Mythbusters, Futurama, ect

Oh and how are you supposed to watch sports without tv? I wouldn't survive very long without ESPN, MLB Network, and my local sports teams
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by lookpizza
I got lost reading Nash's antics.
That's fine, just don't say anything too outrageous.
I gotta watch my sports, so I am definitely pro-television. Although Netflix and Hulu Plus streams are great.

There are still a few channels I stick to, though. Comedy Central always has something good, and G4 will have something amusing.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by Spartan101400
The only show I watch anymore is All in the Family, if any of you know what that is

It's just the best theme song ever.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by HGS
I love TV more than music.

And I prefer to watch shows and movies the way they're supposed to be watched. On a TV screen, not a computer screen.

Hey you're the guy who said he would welcome death in an old thread! I bet you're soooo dark and brooding in real life. Plus you're taking the time to instigate fights online! You must have a hard time keeping the girls off your dick.
Don't watch TV, occasionally watch shows online though.
When some stranger on the internet says it is so, it must be so.
I like TV, but watch shows online. I keep forgetting why people say they hate TV until I go to someone's house and see a documentary about a cake shop or a countdown of the 50 best inconsequential things.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
I like watching TV shows in complete seasons, so I dont have to wait a week to see what happens. I watch sports on TV live though
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
Quote by genghisgandhi
Hey you're the guy who said he would welcome death in an old thread! I bet you're soooo dark and brooding in real life. Plus you're taking the time to instigate fights online! You must have a hard time keeping the girls off your dick.

You're doing the same thing there brah.
Quote by due 07
That's fine, just don't say anything too outrageous.

But it's better if you do.

Quote by Zoot Allures

He's quite feisty tonight. I think Nash really riled him up.
Last edited by blake1221 at Aug 2, 2011,
Quote by Zoot Allures

Aw snap yo, he's gotcha there.
TVs keep getting bigger and bigger and smaller and smaller. pretty soon, the medium sized TV will be a thing of the past.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I love TV shows. But every time I watch a commercial I feel like I'm being brainwashed and it makes me sick to my stomach.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Hate TV. The only thing i can watch is sports and Sunny in Philadelphia.
Sail upon the open skies
My favorite commercial is the anti-smoking one with the kids who are really bad at being in commercials ('cuz it's not really acting) talkin' about how bad tobacco is & the first kid's like "What would you do if you knew your friend was going to die?" & them I'm like "well shit, I got some bad news for you, bro..."
Page 1 of 2