So I ordered a Gibson Dirty Fingers pickup off eBay for my Gibson SG because it was REALLY cheap. BUT it didn't say whether it was a neck or bridge pickup. Turns out it's a bridge.
Now I initially intended to have a dirty fingers neck in the neck position, because as I understand it, it has good cleans regardless of it's ridiculously high output, and can make a great lead with distortion.

I wanted to put a Invader bridge in the bridge position, because as I understand it they aren't focused too much on highs and upper mids and are slightly muddy, generally a more ideal rhythm pickup from my understanding, and one that loves distortion.

But, since I already got the bridge Dirty Fingers, I'm now considering sticking a neck Invader in the neck spot. Or, you know, I could slap a bridge Invader into the bridge and stick the bridge Dirty Fingers in the neck spot.

Has anyone tried anything like either of those? Were the results pleasant? Am I an imbecile for even thinking about sticking a bridge Dirty Fingers in my neck spot? Would my "best" option be to just try and sell the Dirty Fingers I got and get a proper neck one and go with my initial plan?
the gibson dirty fingers is one hell of a pickup. i have them in two 1980 Gibson Sonex's.

they are very high output probably more than any pickup i have ever played with.

i personally don't really like the invader, but that is just my opinion. however, i think the invader would be a lot weaker than the dirty fingers and causing a volume issue when switching pickups.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Huh, interesting.
Do you have TWO in each of those guitars, bridge and neck or do you have one in bridge position and something else in neck?
I mean, I'd imagine ANYTHING that isn't a Dirty Fingers could cause that problem... Not too many 16K pickups I know of.
Bump because after 25 minutes on this forum a post can move back like three pages.
Quote by Rinkzate
Huh, interesting.
Do you have TWO in each of those guitars, bridge and neck or do you have one in bridge position and something else in neck?
I mean, I'd imagine ANYTHING that isn't a Dirty Fingers could cause that problem... Not too many 16K pickups I know of.

i have them in bridge and neck in both guitars. they came that way from the factory in 1980, and have origional solderjoints, so just in case these were to go up in value someday, that wouldn't be a negative to a potential buyer.

they are killer pickups though, the only thing i can compare is that if i am playing through my 1974X with a Sonex with the dirty fingers and a LP with a 498t, the dirty fingers pushes the amp into a little more breakup.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/