Pit, I come to you asking for guidance. A bet was made between a friend and I that states I must lose 35 lbs before December 31st. My question is, what tips do you guys have? I'm okay with dieting, cutting foods out, that kind of stuff. I'm not really into "working out," shit like weight lifting and stuff. Cardio and other stufff is fine, and I'd like any physical activities to be done outside of a gym (if possible.) So pit, can ya help a fat brotha out?
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Rock climbing! It uses a ton of muscles you never even thought you had!
Quote by Tire Me.
Dumbledore wasn't the only headmaster that night.

Quote by CTFOD

I can impersonate Emperor Palpatine, Bob Dylan and the Joker. Simultaneously.

Quote by Kumanji
Why sho blowin' in the wind, Jedi?
Depends on how much you weigh now. My advice is to do lots and lots of running, but of course if you're a heavy fellow right now, that might be hard to do an adequate amount to where it really shows (though any and all will help).

Log at least 15 miles on the weekday and then do 5+ mile runs on the weekend. And the most important part: watch what you eat. If people run that much, they tend to eat more than they're actually burning. So eat the right stuff and don't over-do it, and you should start seeing results in a month.

PS: cut out chips and soda if you haven't already. And drink lots and lots of water.
if you instantly cut out any soda youll lose a few pounds from just that.
Classical Guitarist
Quote by burndttoast
Depends on how much you weigh now. My advice is to do lots and lots of running, but of course if you're a heavy fellow right now, that might be hard to do an adequate amount to where it really shows (though any and all will help).

Log at least 15 miles on the weekday and then do 5+ mile runs on the weekend. And the most important part: watch what you eat. If people run that much, they tend to eat more than they're actually burning. So eat the right stuff and don't over-do it, and you should start seeing results in a month.

PS: cut out chips and soda if you haven't already. And drink lots and lots of water.

I reckon I'm about 200ish lbs, 5 ft. 7. I plan to start tomorrow (later today, technically) by cutting out all junk food and shit, and I want to see if I can jog twice a day. Once in the morning, and once in the evening.
Sell your body as a gigolo. You'll lose weight and get some nice cash.
Quote by Snowblind 911

maybe it's because of your description, or the fact that it's 1:30am here, or both, i can't stop giggling.

Sometimes girls say that too...
I hear you brave young Carlos, you are hungry for weight loss.
But to learn the ancient methods secret doors you must unlock.
To escape your weight loss problems, and this oppressive food industry!
on a journey you must to go the land of Can-a-da..

..In the City of fallen pine trees, where the glaciers meet the land!
You must form a strong alliance with the worlds most awesome.... moose.
to Find your inner will power, through the valley you must walk!
you will face your inner demons.
Now go my son and fast!!

I have no idea why I just typed that, oh well.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
work out a lot and eat healthy. strength and cardio are equally important. get fat burners at gnc or something if you want to go that far and will be exercising regularly.

Also this:

Quote by D&DLover
Nutrition/exercise thread will do wonders I'm sure the Pit can't even fathom. Take it there.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1421271&highlight=nutrition+exercise+thread
cut carbs as much as possible.

Depending on your will power.... my dad cut out all white foods for 2 months and the weight just flew off of him and he didnt even exercise anymore than a 9-5 cubicle job requires. eat lots of salad and some fruit. No bread, pasta, anything in a can is probably not good, fresh food is a good way to go, and always with in moderation
'09er
Quote by aaciseric

I hate you too much to be able to answer this thread properly. You misleading swine.

Quote by HeavyReverb

you dont win. f^cking 09er

Quote by emad
Morello Wannabe
Post back and I'll temporary ban you.
Quote by Sinister Waffle
I hear you brave young Carlos, you are hungry for weight loss.
But to learn the ancient methods secret doors you must unlock.
To escape your weight loss problems, and this oppressive food industry!
on a journey you must to go the land of Can-a-da..

..In the City of fallen pine trees, where the glaciers meet the land!
You must form a strong alliance with the worlds most awesome.... moose.
to Find your inner will power, through the valley you must walk!
you will face your inner demons.
Now go my son and fast!!

I have no idea why I just typed that, oh well.

Pretty epic.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Bulimia.

Twice the flavor. None of the calories.

**** my original idea. this is the only way. it dehydrates you super well. you'll lose a shit ton of water weight.
Eat only water and things that grow, jog like crazy every day.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

stop eating bread, cereal, wheat and starches. only eat meat and leafy greens. possibly legumes.

cardio is terrible. do HIIT. walk two blocks, sprint as long as possible, walk again, hen sprint as fast as you can for as Lon as you can. then walk again. repeat process.
#DTWD
The Atkins diet.

To cut it short - eat nothing but meat (not cooked in any oils, without sauces) and eggs, and drink nothing but water. AKA, tell carbs to gtfo.

It works wonders. My Aunt lost 25kg in 5 weeks, and I managed to lose about 8 in two weeks.
A SAD CHIDORI
check out this Youtube channel. it has really helped me.
http://www.youtube.com/user/sixpackshortcuts

i'm do this workout regurarly and i find it's really good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkD9LwDBWW0&feature=channel_video_title

Don't go out running for an hour or so. Only go run for maybe 20 minutes or something. Do this, run at your maximum running speed for 20 seconds, then jog for the next 30 seconds, then run at maximum speed for another 30 seconds and keep repeating those steps. It's called High-intensity Interval Training or HIIT and it is more effective than say jogging for an hour. Doing shorter but intense workouts are more effective than doing longer but less intense workouts.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-intensity_interval_training

Oh and remember to eat 5-6 small meals through the day ( Breakfast - Snack - Lunch - Snack - Dinner) as opposed to 3 big meals ( Breakfast - Lunch - Dinner). Because when you eat, your metabolism goes up as your body has to digest and break down the food so it has to do work. Also DONT DIET. eat around 1500 calories if u looking to lose weight. When u diet, yes you do lose weight but u dont loose much fat, infact u lose muscle. WHen ur body doesn't have enough calories, it need energy and if u dont have enough calories, it will use muscles as energy instead. So yes you will lose weight by dieting, but in the end, u will be even more out of shape and even FLABBIER because u wont have enough muscles and the only thing on your body is fat and no muscles. Eat around 1500 calories per day if u wanna lose weight the right way. Say 400 calories for Breakfast, Lunch and dinner and 200-250 calories for the snacks. And drink 6-8 glasses of water per day.

Wow i effin wrote a essay lol, now that i look back at what i wrote. Just trying to help.
Last edited by holycow at Aug 2, 2011,