Hi again, this should be my last post about the amps im looking at before next monday when i go to pick one up! this post has to do with high volumes on the Peavey Vypyr

So i heard a rumor that the Peavey Vypyr 75 and 100 sound bad at high volumes... is this true? if so what level of volume are we talking about that it sounds bad? i wouldnt imagine i would really be going up past 5 or 6 at any point in time!

Thanks!!!
They are solid state amps. Unlike tube amps (which generally sound better the louder they get because of tube clipping/power tube saturation), solid state amps sound worse the louder they get because transistor clipping is harsh and gross sounding.

HOWEVER, there's a reason that they are 75-100 watts. You can easily turn them up to gigging volume before they start to sound bad. Because they are modeling amps, they get their normal distortion from digital modeling and analog circuitry instead of clipping transistors. Unless you're turning them up to 10, you'll be fine.

I have a Vypyr 30 and I can play extremely loudly with it before it starts to sound bad. The 100 will be fine.
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Agile AL-3100 Silverburst
Quote by Ayses
They are solid state amps. Unlike tube amps (which generally sound better the louder they get because of tube clipping/power tube saturation), solid state amps sound worse the louder they get because transistor clipping is harsh and gross sounding.

HOWEVER, there's a reason that they are 75-100 watts. You can easily turn them up to gigging volume before they start to sound bad. Because they are modeling amps, they get their normal distortion from digital modeling and analog circuitry instead of clipping transistors. Unless you're turning them up to 10, you'll be fine.

I have a Vypyr 30 and I can play extremely loudly with it before it starts to sound bad. The 100 will be fine.

Thank you very much my friend! i hate hearing something bad about something i want to get and seeing that ill be fine is def great! thanks again!
deff the 60 tube, 100w is over kill, this coming from the guy with a 120w tube amp.

and just for the record, my spider III is fairly tolerable at band volume (50% on the master volume) for practice and thats 75w SS.