Page 4 of 9
Quote by Holy Katana
Do you want freeware only, and if not, how much are you willing to pay?

Freeware, I've got a torrented version of FruitLoops and detested it.
http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.php?ProductId=920
One of my friends used this on our album. Such a sick keyboard.

As for fav keyboardists there are a few. Jordan Rudess for sure. Per Wilberg from Opeth is very underratted. Also like every prog rock keyboardist.

I dont know the universal name for the synth sound I like but on the Fantom is called Icy Pad, on the Yamahas its called Sweet Heaven. Its the sound that CoB use at the beggining of blooddrunk. I love it cause you can use it for melody or to provide harmonic support either blocked or arpeggiated. And it seems to work in any style.
I also LOVE hammond organs.
To the guy wondering about HEALTH, their keyboardist uses a Korg 707 (which is a cheap FM synth you can probably get for next to nothing on eBay) and a Roland SP-404 (which is a basic sampler with twelve touch pads that's about $400 or so new), plus a number of pedals that I can't seem to identify, although I'll keep watching live videos to try to figure them out.

Their crazier sounds are mostly pedal manipulation and feedback loops, which their bassist uses. He's got a Behringer mixer, a Boss Slicer, two Moogerfoogers (one of which appears to be the ring mod, the other one I can't identify), a Sansamp Para Driver (could also be a Bass Driver; not sure), a DS-1, an EHX Micro POG, a Boss digital delay (not sure if it's the DD-3 or the DD-7, or maybe even a DD-5 or DD-6; they all kinda look the same unless you're looking at the front panel directly), what looks like a Boss tremolo, and a couple of other things I can't identify, but again, I'm going to try.

Hope that helps. I'd suppose you could get their sound with software, but you'd have to be creative. It would help to invest in a basic mixer (the Behringer would work, although it's a piece of shit, but that kinda helps with noise, really) and some cheap pedals to get that noisy feedback, and then you could feed that into a DAW for further processing. I don't think they're using anything you can't get in plugin form. Even the Slicer has plugin analogs, since the Slicer was inspired by rhythmic gate effects on synths and stuff. There are a number of trancey gate plugins out there.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Aug 27, 2011,
I think somebody posted a link to free software instruments. Could that be posted again?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
I think somebody posted a link to free software instruments. Could that be posted again?

I posted a gi-fucking-gantic list of them months ago in the Electronic Label thread.

Even categorized by type of synthesis and stuff.

I'll go find it.

Also, that's not a Boss tremolo on John's pedalboard as I found out; it's a PS-5 Super Shifter. That would explain why the "lead" in Die Slow involves him turning the knob on it.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Aug 29, 2011,
Thanks in advance d00d.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25842454&postcount=3722

That's the post. There are two synths I'd like to add to that list as well, since one wasn't freeware at the time and the other didn't exist.

Zebralette (A single-oscillator version of Urs Heckmann's highly acclaimed and award-winning Zebra synth; only one oscillator, yes, but you can make up for that with what you can do with it by making your own waveforms and wavetables, kinda like Massive but with your own custom waves; it used to only be available with Zebra, and actually, I haven't downloaded the new free version yet, since I still have the version that came with the Zebra demo that's time-limited, but yeah, it's pretty fucking legit, and sounds beastly): http://www.u-he.com/cms/zebralette

TyrellN6 (OH MY GOD I FUCKING LOVE THIS THING. Urs says it's Junoish, but it reminds me of Roland's higher-end Jupiter series more in both sound and features, although it's got some Juno elements in there, too. It's an absolutely killer synth, although it also eats CPU for breakfast if you're running a lot of polyphony, especially if you're stacking voices. I haven't checked out any of the presets yet, since I've been trying to learn the ins and outs of it myself without hearing what other people can do with it, but there are a motherfucking shitload of them, and they're probably pretty good.): http://www.u-he.com/cms/tyrelln6

Yeah, sorry about all that fellating of Urs, it's just that he's a fucking genius. He seems to be a really nice guy, too.
Quote by Holy Katana
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25842454&postcount=3722

TyrellN6 (OH MY GOD I FUCKING LOVE THIS THING. Urs says it's Junoish, but it reminds me of Roland's higher-end Jupiter series more in both sound and features, although it's got some Juno elements in there, too. It's an absolutely killer synth, although it also eats CPU for breakfast if you're running a lot of polyphony, especially if you're stacking voices. I haven't checked out any of the presets yet, since I've been trying to learn the ins and outs of it myself without hearing what other people can do with it, but there are a motherfucking shitload of them, and they're probably pretty good.): http://www.u-he.com/cms/tyrelln6

great synth indeed it's in my top 3 go to synths
Any suggestions for a keyboard that specializes in vintage sounds? For the music I'm into, I want a reliable Rhodes sound, and everything else sounds like bells and whistles. I don't mind spending a bit of money since it's not my first keyboard; I already have a MIDI capable Yamaha Digital Grand and Korg Nanopad, so I don't mind using VSTs for synth stuff.

I was looking at the Korg SV-1, as well as the Nord Electro 3. I don't know enough about hardware to know for sure whether I need to spend this kind of money to get the same kind of sounds, but having played the SV-1, I absolutely love the simplicity of the knobs.

Note: by bells and whistles, I just mean I'm fine being 'limited' with the onboard features of the SV-1. I'm not looking for a synth.
Last edited by Iommianity at Sep 1, 2011,
so anyone here like bass pedals? i played some once on my friend's dad's Hammond organ. pretty cool stuff. though it was just one octave. they make pedal MIDI controllers, but they are all fairly expensive. that would be cool to have though.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
so anyone here like bass pedals? i played some once on my friend's dad's Hammond organ. pretty cool stuff. though it was just one octave. they make pedal MIDI controllers, but they are all fairly expensive. that would be cool to have though.

i was actually looking at these the other day (specifically the Moog Tarus) but they are out of my price range I wanna get a moog hardware synth or a nord before i worry about a bass pedal (heck yeah for leaving college with no debit)
Quote by FireHawk
i was actually looking at these the other day (specifically the Moog Tarus) but they are out of my price range I wanna get a moog hardware synth or a nord before i worry about a bass pedal (heck yeah for leaving college with no debit)

seriously, synths are way too expensive. it's cheaper to just go on ebay, do an advanced search and select things within 50 miles or however far you're willing to travel, search for "organ" and find an organ that someone just doesn't want and is more or less giving away (sometimes less then $100). two manuals, bass pedals, and authentic organ sound for $100, cost of gas, and possibly however much it costs to get your friends to help move it. same thing with pianos, except there are probably even more pianos to choose from.

for example, i could get this for $75, and 2 hours round trip. if only i had room for one.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
seriously, synths are way too expensive. it's cheaper to just go on ebay, do an advanced search and select things within 50 miles or however far you're willing to travel, search for "organ" and find an organ that someone just doesn't want and is more or less giving away (sometimes less then $100). two manuals, bass pedals, and authentic organ sound for $100, cost of gas, and possibly however much it costs to get your friends to help move it. same thing with pianos, except there are probably even more pianos to choose from.

for example, i could get this for $75, and 2 hours round trip. if only i had room for one.

wow that ebay pic brings back memories. My greatgrandparents have one that looks almost identical to that one. I forgot about it until I saw that
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Quote by theogonia777

I'm not getting synths for organ sounds but do agree if wanting an organ. I. Was saying the synths are higher priority for me.
Quote by FireHawk
I'm not getting synths for organ sounds but do agree if wanting an organ. I. Was saying the synths are higher priority for me.

yeah, i know what you meant. i was just pointing out that synths are so expensive, you could get a couple of organs and pianos. and no one gets synths for organ sounds, obviously.
Quote by theogonia777

Blame the fucking collectors. Once upon a time, you could get all the analog shit you could ever want for fucking beans thanks to the DX7, the D-50, and the M1 (and other digital synths, but those three were the big three), but then people started making music with the now-dirt-cheap synths they got, and they got famous, and so musicians started buying them again, and then collectors started hoarding them.

Seriously, there are these fucking douchebags who hoard synths. Like, they buy five of a particular synth and as such they increase in value.

There are four synths I think everyone should snatch up soon before it happens to them (in order from most to least urgent): the Realistic MG-1 (so far the only Moog not to go WAY up in price, thanks to the fact that it was made by them for RadioShack and only in the last couple of years did people learn that they were Moogs; they used to go for like $200-300, but now they're usually around $500; GET ONE WHILE THEY'RE STILL THIS CHEAP, they're like the Moog Rogue, only with a bunch of extra features RadioShack demanded that make it quite versatile; watch the video review series by AutomaticGainsay for proof of its awesomeness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE7aQpA4XVA), the Ensoniq ESQ-1 (cool hybrid synth with lots of sweet features; sorta famous because Skinny Puppy used them in the '80s; generally go for $400-500 last time I checked) the Ensoniq SQ-80 (not as well-known as the ESQ-1, but actually superior in almost every respect, as it's the successor to it; they're around $400, I think, but they might have gone up), and the Korg DW8000 (somewhat like the Ensoniqs in that it's a hybrid synth with a bunch of digital waveforms ran through an analog filter and a VCA; oddly these things are only $200-300 from what I've seen, even though Kevin Moore of Dream Theater used to use one back when he was with the band fairly extensively, so you'd think people would snatch them up, but nope, nobody seems to want them at all).

I've been meaning to snatch up a DW8000 for a year or so now. Thankfully they're still quite obscure, meaning they're cheap. Some other hybrid synths worth checking out are the ones by Kawai. I forgot the model names, but they made a few if I remember correctly. They're not easy to find, but they probably don't go for much, like most hybrid synths other than the PPG Wave (because of the fact that it was the very first wavetable synth, and I'm pretty sure they were pretty expensive to make, since they cost a fortune when they came out; they'd probably be much cheaper these days if it weren't for the fact that everyone used one: David Bowie, Rush, Depeche Mode, Gary Numan, Stevie Wonder, and certainly more; I remember reading an interview with Trent Reznor from around the time of The Downward Spiral talking about how he had one as well, using it in ways it wasn't intended) and the Prophet VS (which I don't really understand the high price of; the only person I know of who used one was Trent Reznor, although I'm pretty sure others did as well; it's just that the Prophet VS is all over Pretty Hate Machine; the Prophet name might also contribute to its high price).

I was going to write more, praising the Roland JD-800 and the Ensoniq Fizmo (both of which are great '90s digital synths that embrace their digitalness instead of trying to be analog), but this post is already really long. But check out some demos of them both on YouTube. In fact, check out all of the synths I mentioned here, as they're all great.

Also, haven't gotten any updates on the synth I'm getting, but he posted an update on the 3rd about how he'd ordered the PCBs and how he was about to order the parts, and how he'd continued to tweak the firmware and added some new features. I'm guessing it'll probably be November when I get it, although it could be December for all I know. Yeah, in case you guys didn't read my post a few weeks ago, I'm getting a sweet hybrid monosynth by a tiny little upstart company called HackMeOpen, and I'm eagerly awaiting it. I'm also probably going to finally buy a Dave Smith Mopho once I have a little more money (I have enough for one now, but I don't want to be broke ).

Do I win a prize for probably being the biggest synth geek on this site?
Quote by Holy Katana
.l Realistic MG-1 (so far the only Moog not to go WAY up in price, thanks to the fact that it was made by them for RadioShack and only in the last couple of years did people learn that they were Moogs; they used to go for like $200-300, but now they're usually around $500; GET ONE WHILE THEY'RE STILL THIS CHEAP, they're like the Moog Rogue, only with a bunch of extra features RadioShack demanded that make it quite versatile; watch the video review series by AutomaticGainsay for proof of its awesomeness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE7aQpA4XVA), Do I win a prize for probably being the biggest synth geek on this site?

Will def check that MG-1 out. And for your geekyness you get an asterisk…+1 * for you.

Sorry for double post but to hard to edit post and copy quote on phone lol
Quote by FireHawk
Are there any good organ soft synths you came across by any chance? I want to play with one now but the two I have kinda blow.

I have a few, although I think one of them might not be available anymore; I haven't really checked them out in a while. I've got Hammonds, I've got a Farfisa, and I've got a Vox Continental (which is actually really sweet; not only does it nail that cheesy transistor organ sound, you can tune the notes individually within a semitone to play in different temperaments; I've got a preset I have set up to play in the 5-limit just intonation scale that Paul Hindemith specified in The Craft of Musical Composition, which is an awesome book, although it's pretty advanced stuff, talking largely about a completely different system of tonal harmony based on the chromatic scale, the overtone series, and a funny little phenomenon known as combination tones).

Here are the ones I have:

Hammonds:
http://www.kvraudio.com/get/682.html
http://www.kvraudio.com/get/3783.html
http://www.kvraudio.com/get/2006.html

Transistor Organs (which you probably don't want, but they're fun for old garage rock, Velvet Underground, The Doors, and Elvis Costello covers; you could probably also resample the output from these and fuck around with to get some cool electro house sounds; actually, I think I'll give that a shot today):
http://krakli.com/krakli-free-synths/ (Morphiza Mk2 is the one, although most of his stuff is pretty awesome anyway, so I'd recommend pretty much all of it)
http://www.kvraudio.com/get/4478.html (this is the Continental I'm talking about; apparently the developer has a Farfisa emulation coming out soon that I'm quite eager to try out)

Dunno if you have any of these. The best Hammond emulation is Native Instruments B4, but they retired that like last year, and I remember having trouble finding a torrent, so if you really want it, you'll have to find it on your own. Maybe there are some used copies floating around on eBay.

If you have TAL-U-No-62 (and if you don't, get it, because it's free, easy as hell to use, and sounds good), there's a sweet article on Sound On Sound's website from Gordon Reid's absolutely excellent (albeit rather technical at times) Synth Secrets series (which unfortunately stopped running in 2004, when I was just picking up guitar and couldn't give a fuck about synths at all, but the full archives of it are available on the SOS site) that teaches you how to do a pretty cool, albeit very basic (it's a 88 8000 000 patch, using the style people use to notate Hammond drawbar settings), Hammond sound on a Juno: http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/nov03/articles/synthsecrets.htm

It's just the first three drawbars, so you don't get the lushness of having the higher ones, and you're stuck with them pulled out all the way, but it sounds pretty good to me, albeit not completely authentic sounding (you're better off using samples if you want a completely realistic sound, really). You don't get the Leslie, either, but there are Leslie emulations you can find on KVR, so you could run it through that. You could also turn on the U-NO-62's chorus for some added thickness.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Sep 13, 2011,
Quote by Holy Katana
Do I win a prize for probably being the biggest synth geek on this site?

you get the "Synth Geek of the Week" award.
Attachments:
SynthGeek.jpeg
I think I am gonna download the entire TAL product line actually and see how they all are...

Which is bad because I have a tooooon of homework and need to prepare for day 2 of job fair!
Guess what freebie VSTi just came out? A pretty damned impressive emulation of the MG-1!

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2011/09/09/free-synth-for-windows-manx-gigmate/

I'm quite impressed with the way the filter sounds. That's one of the best modeled Moog filters I've ever heard.

EDIT: Ooh, and they're working on an Odyssey emulation! Sweet! I have Oddity, which is great, but it's quite old in terms of softsynths, and I'm sure someone could do a better job. The audio demo they've got sounds pretty promising.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Sep 14, 2011,
Quote by Holy Katana

EDIT: Ooh, and they're working on an Odyssey emulation! Sweet! I have Oddity, which is great, but it's quite old in terms of softsynths, and I'm sure someone could do a better job. The audio demo they've got sounds pretty promising.

Oddity is like my favorite softsynth! I'll have to check these guys take of the oddessy when it comes out.

Haha from now on I am just gonna rely on your posts for new synths it's allot easier than looking up my self lol so post all good news here :p
Quote by niejel
*Rudess*
yeah, I'm a big fan.

I love that guy.

OT: I don't know anything about this stuff. I mean I can make a few sounds with synths, but the closest I ever got to a real synth playing the ones I've got on my computer. They came with my DAW
You should check out my list of freebies, then. They're good. Mostly, at least. I should probably do an update on it, since some new stuff has come out, and my tastes have changed somewhat. And Atlantis is also not like Massive at all (I made the list like two days before I got Massive for Christmas ). It's more like Albino from what I've heard (I don't have Albino), although Albino and Massive can make a lot of the same sounds.

Although Atlantis' filter section is still pretty sweet. Thankfully it comes with an effects version that you can use for Enoish "treatments" to any audio you run through it (filtering, adding delay and other effects, etc.). I haven't tried it out, but I'm about to boot up Live anyway, so I might as well. I'm working on some ambient at the moment.
I am looking to buy a new soft synth. For anyone who hasn't realized I am a huge Pretty Hate Machine - With Teeth eras Nine Inch Nail fanboy.

So far the synths I use the most:
GForce Oddity (ARP Oddessy)
GForce MiniMoonsta (MiniMoog)
Aturia ARP2600V-2 (ARP 2600)
Tyrell N6

So I was thinking of maybe a Prophet sim? Sadly GForce doesn't make one So I am downloading the Arturia Demo. Are there any other Prophet esque sims that maybe better?

Any other suggestions as well?

EDIT:I really like the Hybrid idea involved with the Aturia sim of the Prophets
Last edited by FireHawk at Sep 17, 2011,
Nope. I've heard the Arturia one is pretty meh. Although Trent, as far as I know, only used the Prophet VS, and I'm pretty sure the VS simulation is at least pretty good.

Thankfully Arturia were nice enough to put both a Prophet-5 and Prophet VS in their Prophet-V. They're completely different synths (the VS is a hybrid that uses digital oscillators and has a joystick for morphing between them; it's more or less a predecessor to the Korg Wavestation, which Dave Smith also designed if I remember correctly).

Native Instruments used to make a Prophet-5 emulation, but I've heard it's also pretty shitty.

But again, you're probably gonna like the VS sounds more, so the Arturia is probably a good choice.

You should also check out Waldorf Largo and maybe their PPG Wave emulation (I remember Trent talking in a Downward Spiral-era interview about how he got some completely wicked sounds from a Wave, I think possibly from using the randomization button, although I dunno if it has one).

Maybe a virtual modular, since Trent's been mostly using modular stuff since the turn of the century? The best is probably Zebra, although it doesn't have the virtual patch cables like the ARP 2600V. It has a cool interface, though, and it can do pretty much any type of synthesis you can throw at it. I'm serious, it can do most types of synthesis. That alone makes it an incredibly powerful sound design tool. I've got the demo, and I've been meaning to buy a license for a while now. Costs as much as Massive, but so much more powerful (although Massive can do a lot of stuff people wouldn't expect from it).

Speaking of modulars, I'm DYING of GAS for one. Software ones just don't cut it, even though they're very cool.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Sep 17, 2011,
Quote by Holy Katana
Nope. I've heard the Arturia one is pretty meh. Although Trent, as far as I know, only used the Prophet VS, and I'm pretty sure the VS simulation is at least pretty good.

Thankfully Arturia were nice enough to put both a Prophet-5 and Prophet VS in their Prophet-V. They're completely different synths (the VS is a hybrid that uses digital oscillators and has a joystick for morphing between them; it's more or less a predecessor to the Korg Wavestation, which Dave Smith also designed if I remember correctly).

Native Instruments used to make a Prophet-5 emulation, but I've heard it's also pretty shitty.

But again, you're probably gonna like the VS sounds more, so the Arturia is probably a good choice.

You should also check out Waldorf Largo and maybe their PPG Wave emulation (I remember Trent talking in a Downward Spiral-era interview about how he got some completely wicked sounds from a Wave, I think possibly from using the randomization button, although I dunno if it has one).

Maybe a virtual modular, since Trent's been mostly using modular stuff since the turn of the century? The best is probably Zebra, although it doesn't have the virtual patch cables like the ARP 2600V. It has a cool interface, though, and it can do pretty much any type of synthesis you can throw at it. I'm serious, it can do most types of synthesis. That alone makes it an incredibly powerful sound design tool. I've got the demo, and I've been meaning to buy a license for a while now. Costs as much as Massive, but so much more powerful (although Massive can do a lot of stuff people wouldn't expect from it).

Speaking of modulars, I'm DYING of GAS for one. Software ones just don't cut it, even though they're very cool.

LOL odd thing I was reading specs abd stuff about Arturia's synth and there was a picture of Trent Reznor endorsing the emulation lol...anyway...

Yeah I am liking the Arturia (both synths and the hybrid) as of now its like almost 3AM so I am just playing with presets to see some capabilities before diving into it tomorrow. The VS appears to have a ton of capabilities which is good.

I will check out Waldorf Largo and see what I can find there as well. I have heard Zebra thrown around a lot I just have never actually gotten around to check it out.

Thanks for your advice I will look at it all

And dude I am dieing for any hardware synth (just waiting to finish this last year of university haha)...although my singers Yahama MM6 as some great sounds (just not programability )
Last edited by FireHawk at Sep 17, 2011,
The Prophet-5 has some cool stuff you can do with modulation, which is nice for a hardwired synth. Its little brother, the Pro-One (which lives on today as the Mopho, more or less), also does some sick modulation. Probably why the Pro-One was popular with industrial bands back in the '80s.

But yeah, the VS has a shitload of capability (all of those waveforms help ). The real deal is one of the few hybrid synths of the '80s that goes for over $500. I've never actually tried the demo of Arturia's version, but I've heard a lot of sound demos on YouTube, and it does some killer ambient pads. That's probably its biggest strength, but obviously it can do a lot more than that.

Since you're a fan of Tyrell, you know how good of a programmer Urs Heckmann is. Zebra is truly a masterpiece. All of his stuff is, really. But Zebra is a megasynth. Like I said, if you know what you're doing, you can basically make any sound ever with it. It'll even do physical modeling (yay for a modular architecture and comb filters!).
Last edited by Holy Katana at Sep 17, 2011,
Hi, everyone.

I've got a tad of a dilemma on my hands.

I've been learning to play piano for something like 6 or 7 months, and I'm enjoying it immensely. However, since I recently (just over a month ago) had to move to the US to go to college, it means I no longer have access to a keyboard to play on, and given the amount of free time I have, I think it would be great if I could get an alright keyboard to play on here. So I'm basically looking for small, affordable keyboards that aren't totally shit so that I can get some practicing in while I'm away from home. I've got a budget of about $300, but I'd rather it stay below that if possible. Obviously, since I live in a dorm, it can't exactly be a huge thing, but I'd like it to be of at least moderate quality. Hell, even a nice MIDI controller would be alright for what I'm intending to use it for. Can you guys help me find something that'd be alright?
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
Heck if you don't want any knobs or pads you can pick up an M-Audio Keystation 61es with semi weighted keys for around 160 u.s. dollars (if i remeber). I learned to play the keys on one. Its MIDI, and would have to find your own sounds (basically through VSTs) so it may not be something you want to deal with if you just want a piano sound.
i saw a black Roland AX-1 last week for $200 on ebay, i'm kicking myself now for not bidding on it. there's a red one that keeps not selling and so the price lowers each time, but one of the keys is broken and it's pretty beat up, plus it's in red, so it would not match my keyboard.
Okay guys:

So I'm looking at getting a MIDI Controller, and was just wondering whether you can only use VST's for a Controller, or if there are other things out there which are also useable. Hopefully I used okay terminology...I'm still kinda new at this stuff!

Thanks!
Quote by slash_GNR666
You sir, are a giant c*** and you finger will forever haunt my dreams.

Quote by Kind, Non-Existant User
Coco-Loco is the finest bit of meat on the butcher block.
Quote by FireHawk
You can also trigger samples.

Oh wow. How would I do that? could I change the pitch of it and speed etc. using it?

And also, if I wanted to change synths mid-song for example, is there a function on the keyboard to allow me to do that, or would I need to change it on the Laptop?
Quote by slash_GNR666
You sir, are a giant c*** and you finger will forever haunt my dreams.

Quote by Kind, Non-Existant User
Coco-Loco is the finest bit of meat on the butcher block.
Quote by coco-loco
Oh wow. How would I do that? could I change the pitch of it and speed etc. using it?

And also, if I wanted to change synths mid-song for example, is there a function on the keyboard to allow me to do that, or would I need to change it on the Laptop?

You can map the MIDI controls to do that. Some keyboards are programmed to work with certain DAWs to use the DAW through the keyboard.