Got an epic deal on an LTD EC-1000FM (Deluxe Eclipse) yesterday. There's a RG2550 Prestige in Galaxy White in a local guitar store that's been there for a couple of weeks. Here's what I remember about the guitar...

-Galaxy White (white with sparkles in the finish)
-Black pickguard
-DiMarzio's in an H-S-H config
-Some kind of trem, not sure on model
-2 Controls
-Black Hardware
-5 piece neck
-Some kind of squiggle inlay on the rosewood fretboard

The only problem with it was a nickle-sized chip on the bottom side of the guitar by the input. You can't see it at all unless you were tying the guitarist's shoe. They're asking $630 for it. I was planning on selling the Eclipse to get a new amp, but would it be worth trying to trade this for the Ibanez? I mean, would the Ibanez have a higher resell value?

EDIT: The LTD's a 2010 model and sold new for $850. It's in mint condition and is completely stock without modifications of any sort.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Last edited by Flux'D at Aug 2, 2011,
I'd keep the ltd, it looks so much better.
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

Very different guitars. It just depends on what feel, tone, and look you want. The LTD has way better pickups already, and from what I can tell, isn't damaged. But I would personally never buy an LTD, and I own 2 Ibanez prestige guitars, so my preference would be the Ibanez and a pickup upgrade.
I'm wanting to sell the LTD, or the Prestige if I get it. I'm not interested in keeping them, only to sell and get a new amp. I'm just concerned about what I can get for either
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

Nobody knows what a RG2550 would bring used with a finish chip haha? I figured the Ibanez guys would've jumped on this by now.. maybe this Prestige is one not worth getting?
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

I can find new ones for $1,500, but I can't believe that's right.

I would think that's a really good price considering it only have a paint chip.