Hi Everybody,
Greetings from Indonesia

i'd like to post a bit about my custom signature :

here's a bit when it was just cut and routed.

and here's when it's done (the first combination of pickups, a Seymour Duncan TB-4 and Gibson '57 on the neck)

and here's the part i love the most, the headstock with my own brand and super-complicated inlays that took several attempts to get it right :p

here's what's running on the 9-15th fret :p

and here's what's waiting at the end on the 22-24 th fret :p

in the end, i changed the TB-4 back to a nice warm Gibson '57.

i did a mistake of trying to put an abalone binding on the body, does anybody have an idea how to pull it out and change it to an ivory/vintage styled binding?

comments and critics are welcome, since this guitar is not quite done yet, there's still some modification i'd like to do to it until i closed the pages by painting this.

(sorry if my english is bad)
Wow that is very, very nice I love those inlays they are really beautiful. What woods did you use in it? What are you planning to do next?
Quote by JD2k9
Love the inlays man
Do you have an idea of what colour to paint it?

i was planning to go natural on it, or maybe do something far more flashy, i always loved green
Quote by @li@s H4nZu
Wow that is very, very nice I love those inlays they are really beautiful. What woods did you use in it? What are you planning to do next?

i use Ebony that grew abundant here in Makassar, Southern Sulawesi. there grew a lot of beautiful pattern of ebony, and the tone is, according to my unexperienced ear, is more brighter, attacky and punchy than an African Ebony.

right now, i'm thinking about a way to remove the bindings and change them to ivory but i have no clue how, it's already glued in
Wow thats nice. How did you do the inlays? What are they made out of? Is it maple saw dust and super glue or somthing? And I'd say paint it white but looks like you already have white guitars haha.
If anything would convert me back to Fender style guitars it would definetly be that beast. Great job on the inlays and the headstock.
Quote by Boysie8
Please don't paint it! Oil or clear lacquer would look amazing on that - it looks fairly schectery. Love the inlays btw.

i know, i was planning to go clear natural on it as well, perhaps the green would suit my next project, building a more fender-like guitar that would suit car-like paint better

and my initial plans for the body shape was to make it look more like an ESP M-1000 or something, and something went wrong then it looks like a schecter omen 6. bleh. next time i'll make flattops instead
Last edited by Vicious D at Aug 2, 2011,
Quote by da_
Wow thats nice. How did you do the inlays? What are they made out of? Is it maple saw dust and super glue or somthing? And I'd say paint it white but looks like you already have white guitars haha.

that's a long (and funny story) about the inlays, at first, i tried to put some resin on it, but it came off along the tape when i pulled it, then tried for some maple saw dust, and still goes the same way, because of the small curves perhaps, there's not enough place to stick. now i used bone (leftovers from nuts) saw dust, and if you can see it, there's some red little dots there, which i suspect is the bone marrow or something

and it looks nicely vintage, though :p
very nice work! the inlays are amazing. i only have experience using solid shell for inlays so how does the bone dust inlay work? how do you cut the cavity in the wood? how deep does it have to be?is it easier then using shell blanks?

hah sorry for all the questions, once again very nicely done sir!

-Tyler
one of the finest works I have seen here for some time (hey, don't look at the join date, I been lurking since 08) so anyway....Very nice man..would love to see more of your work.

+1 to something natural..with inlays like that a paint job will be out of place...
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Love it, but I think it would look good finished with some sort of strange gray pattern, for a wolf like appearance, imo.
Quote by \m/slipknot\m/
very nice work! the inlays are amazing. i only have experience using solid shell for inlays so how does the bone dust inlay work? how do you cut the cavity in the wood? how deep does it have to be?is it easier then using shell blanks?

hah sorry for all the questions, once again very nicely done sir!

-Tyler

tried with abalones too, taken straight from the beach LOL, it too breaks when i tried to dry it off. so it gotta be dusts, and maple saw dusts peels off along with the tape. cutting it with lasers, not to mention it's ebony, so it's hard and dense as hell. cost me a good 600.000 rupiahs, or somewhere around $70 now, to cut the holes in it. it was somewhere around 2mm s if my memory served me right
Quote by Controlpanel
one of the finest works I have seen here for some time (hey, don't look at the join date, I been lurking since 08) so anyway....Very nice man..would love to see more of your work.

+1 to something natural..with inlays like that a paint job will be out of place...

thanks for the compliment
probably would post a crazy-steroid-induced strat next month :p
Quote by JakePlaysGuitar
Love it, but I think it would look good finished with some sort of strange gray pattern, for a wolf like appearance, imo.

naah, that woulda been too much like an '80s hair metal shredding guitar, somehow doesn't bode to well with my idea of a gibson tone-fender shaped-premium guitar :p
Quote by Ippon
Sweet! I'd oil that and call it a day.

BTW, your English is better than some of the poor saps who speak English only.

i was planning to, but first i'm going to do something about the neck pocket. the square fender-like neck pocket blocks my access to higher frets, especially 21-24.

then the binding, then the finishing.

oh, and i'm planning to get some wide leather brown strap, kinda like Santana's, whaddya think?
a little update :

i'm drawing the body, gonna cut the neck pocket into more of an AANJ type of cutaway, this current pocket feels like a goddamned schecter, blocks the upper frets and stuff

still waiting for some advice on how to pull the abalone out
a little update, finished!

i still need to find some matching cosmo pickup rings, though.

those cream rings makes it looks like a cheap chinese schecter knock-off.

and despite this baby's got quite an intimidating appearance, you won't believe her clean sound, it's ah-may-zing!
Quote by Vendetta V
looks great and classy. I still kind of expected a GREENie (: but this one is good too

ahahaha, actually i was going to try a see-through kind of green burst, but the maple top barely have any grains to show, maybe will end up on my next build though
I'm in love......
WARNING:
The above is most likely sarcasm, so fuck yourself if you're offended.
Quote by shavorules42
Hey look! An intelligent post!
Quote by WCPhils
One time I saw a religious person eating so I don't do that anymore.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Save water. Drink alcohol.
Quote by LZRocker
I'm in love......

your footnote says otherwise, though :p

but since you used the word "most likely" instead of "always will be", i'll take you're honest
That is one of the smexiest guitars i have ever seen on UG....

the inlays are just beautiful....just cant get over it....perfect guitar...
I haz gotten gud
great inlay work
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Looks good.

Did you end up removing the binding? can't tell from the pictures.

If you used superglue to glue in binding, maybe you could use superglue debonder? If its epoxy glue then I don't know what would work. . . maybe you could just rout it out ?

I strongly dislike fake abalone binding ! just my personal preference.

Also get some black pickup rings, I agree the cream ones don't work.

Nice craftsmanship though, very good work.
Quote by n1ckn1ce
I wouldnt place a switch there
Nice guitar

actually i planned it to be further on the edge of the cutaway, but the curve renders that impossible. so i made it as close as possible, for some quick switching, because i switch between bridge and neck A LOT.

barely obstruct my playing, though :p
Quote by Vicious D
your footnote says otherwise, though :p

but since you used the word "most likely" instead of "always will be", i'll take you're honest

Yeah man, that was straight shit, that's awesome.
WARNING:
The above is most likely sarcasm, so fuck yourself if you're offended.
Quote by shavorules42
Hey look! An intelligent post!
Quote by WCPhils
One time I saw a religious person eating so I don't do that anymore.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Save water. Drink alcohol.
Oh, I was surprised how dark you made it. I thought natural was very pretty. Chrome or nickle pickup rings would be nice. Congrats on a nice job!
Quote by GandalfWh1te
Looks good.

Did you end up removing the binding? can't tell from the pictures.

If you used superglue to glue in binding, maybe you could use superglue debonder? If its epoxy glue then I don't know what would work. . . maybe you could just rout it out ?

I strongly dislike fake abalone binding ! just my personal preference.

Also get some black pickup rings, I agree the cream ones don't work.

Nice craftsmanship though, very good work.

nope, i don't want to risk ruining the maple, these kinds of maple are kind of hard to come by here in indonesia. it ends up pretty beautiful though, adds some touch of nice colour to the mix.
Quote by RebuildIt
Oh, I was surprised how dark you made it. I thought natural was very pretty. Chrome or nickle pickup rings would be nice. Congrats on a nice job!

too bright would've somehow be too contrast to the hardware and fingerboard, so i finished it to a point where it looks like a bitten apple left in the sun for a couple of hours, still looks beautiful
Hey man, that Jag-tele looking guitar in your first post, can you tell me the story behind that one? I saw Dallas Green with one last time I saw Alexisonfire and thought it was just a Warmoth job he put together.
Loving the inlays on the Wolfcaster too, I'm not usually big into super-strats but yours looks really classy. Nice work dude.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by consecutive e
Hey man, that Jag-tele looking guitar in your first post, can you tell me the story behind that one? I saw Dallas Green with one last time I saw Alexisonfire and thought it was just a Warmoth job he put together.
Loving the inlays on the Wolfcaster too, I'm not usually big into super-strats but yours looks really classy. Nice work dude.

that one? it belonged to a friend of mine, and was made in the same shop where mine was made, and knowing the dude, he's a blues player too, so i can hardly believe if that axe could end up in a screaming metal band .