I am going to buy my RR1, Egnater Renegade and 2x12 cab all at once when they do the 20% off thing again. When can we expect this sale to happen again?

Oh, ya I know those coupons have fine print, but I called my GC and they said they would honor it even though the brands were excluded. But the coupon I had was only 15% off so I am waiting for the 20% off sale.
I work there and I doubt it. I have seldom ever seen anything above 15% ; in fact 15% is usually the highest form of discount.
Quote by Guitar_Jester
Ask them.

Anyone at the store level in any big box chain will not know that type of information. You can't exactly call a corporate office asking when the next discount will be and get a legitimate answer....
Don't Guitar Center and american guitar chains do deals on certain holidays?

I swear I've seen people talking about what they'll buy in the mothers day sale* around here before.

Go for it on one of those sales...but I dunno I'm just English...where we have no guitar chain stores.

*irrelevant holiday used for comedic effect
well they only do it on the stuff that is in the store. floor models?

so there will have been 100 16 yr olds rocking your shit until you get off your lazy ass and go buy it.

oh the huge mantatee.
Quote by gregs1020
well they only do it on the stuff that is in the store. floor models?

so there will have been 100 16 yr olds rocking your shit until you get off your lazy ass and go buy it.

oh the huge mantatee.

Actually smartass they already told me they would take my coupon for the RR1, and it isnt even in stock, they have to order it for me. You fail.
Quote by 3reach
Actually smartass they already told me they would take my coupon for the RR1, and it isnt even in stock, they have to order it for me. You fail.

yea that do that on the low end stuff.

and i take great pride in being a smart ass.

why don't you make a thread about used strings or something now sharpie.

i'm not the baby whining about new guitars hanging on a wall being new am i?

try pampers, they leak less.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Aug 2, 2011,
Quote by 3reach
I am going to buy my RR1, Egnater Renegade and 2x12 cab all at once when they do the 20% off thing again. When can we expect this sale to happen again?

Oh, ya I know those coupons have fine print, but I called my GC and they said they would honor it even though the brands were excluded. But the coupon I had was only 15% off so I am waiting for the 20% off sale.

Just go in there and haggle. I just bought a guitar that should have been ~$870 with tax for $700 out the door...
Quote by samhell
Just go in there and haggle. I just bought a guitar that should have been ~$870 with tax for $700 out the door...

Haggling is not going to work on a piece they are ordering for him. In fact, haggling is going to seldom work at Guitar Center....
The last time I saw 20% was 2008 and it was for things over $1000. It's pretty significant though. I got my RG on Black Friday for $800 when it was $1000. The highest I've seen them go since is 15% though. I doubt they'll have 20% sales anymore since 15% is still very good. If you spend $2000, the difference between 15% and 20% is only $100.