Very quick question for The Pit:

I have to go buy a new mobile on my lunch break from work in about 25 minutes.

It has to be on a UK Pay As You Go deal and can't possibly be an iPhone as there's no way in hell I can afford one.

Any recommendations?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Herp de derp.

So now that the obvious is out of the way...

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Herp de derp.

So now that the obvious is out of the way...

Had to.
can't you like search on the internet?

i hear every search works 60 percent of the time, every time.
yo.

I BELIEVE
samsung galaxy mini

£100 from carphone warehouse

i bought one just to piss about with android games on but as a phone it's actually unbelievable for the price!

if you don't buy it, at least check it out.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by PaulyVengeance
Umm, is there a Tesco near you? They usually have a selection of PAYG phones.

Near where I work I have access to:

Orange, O2, Carphone Warehouse, Vodaphone and possibly a couple of others, nearest Tesco is on the outskirts of town so that's a no-go =\

Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
can't you like search on the internet?

i hear every search works 60 percent of the time, every time.

Well yes but just searching for "I need a new mobile" doesn't help much I don't know much about mobiles right now, I haven't been paying much attention since the Nokia 3330 went out of fashion

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Last edited by Zaphod_Beeblebr at Aug 2, 2011,
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by slash_GNR666

I HAD ONE OF THOSE!

Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Near where I work I have access to:

Orange, O2, Carphone Warehouse, Vodaphone and possibly a couple of others, nearest Tesco is on the outskirts of town so that's a no-go =\

Hmm...What sort of budget do you have?
Quote by PaulyVengeance
I HAD ONE OF THOSE!

Hmm...What sort of budget do you have?

£200 is the absolute top mark, preferably a little less than that...

I think everyone had one of those at some point as well

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
£200 is the absolute top mark, preferably a little less than that...

I think everyone had one of those at some point as well

Any preference on make/model?

Apart from an iPhone anyhoo.
Quote by PaulyVengeance
I HAD ONE OF THOSE!

Who didn't?

It was the greatest piece of equipment ever I still love them and know people who use them.

Wish I still had mine
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by PaulyVengeance
Any preference on make/model?

Apart from an iPhone anyhoo.

If I knew that I wouldn't be asking

No, seriously, I'm leaning towards a Blackberry Curve right now, I just wanted to know if anyone has anything they'd say "YES GET THIS NOW!" to.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by slash_GNR666
Who didn't?

It was the greatest piece of equipment ever I still love them and know people who use them.

Wish I still had mine

I still remember my very first mobile... It was one of those promotional Coca-Cola Sony Ericssons, with the huge aerial on the top, and the snap-off interchangeable front lol.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
If I knew that I wouldn't be asking

No, seriously, I'm leaning towards a Blackberry Curve right now, I just wanted to know if anyone has anything they'd say "YES GET THIS NOW!" to.

Well, I have a HTC Wildfire, and it's the best phone I've had so far...But anyway.

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/mobile-phones/BLACKBERRY-CURVE-8520/PPAY&clearance=false

BB Curve 8520. Have a look, see what you think lol.

Shit, double post D:
Quote by PaulyVengeance
Well, I have a HTC Wildfire, and it's the best phone I've had so far...But anyway.

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/mobile-phones/BLACKBERRY-CURVE-8520/PPAY&clearance=false

BB Curve 8520. Have a look, see what you think lol.

Shit, double post D:

Hahaha, cheers for the help man, got to go do the buying about now... god I don't want to but needs must

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Well yes but just searching for "I need a new mobile" doesn't help much I don't know much about mobiles right now, I haven't been paying much attention since the Nokia 3330 went out of fashion

nah like if you're going to a chain store than just go onto their website...they usually packed with info, that's just my way though I never buy a brand new phone on the spot I always do the research.
yo.

I BELIEVE
A shoe phone!!!

AEDIT: I wasn't kidding by the way.

If P. Diddy has one, we all should.
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Aug 2, 2011,
I have a Blackberry Curve and it's pretty good, probably helped by the fact that so many people I know also have Blackberries, I find myself using Blackberry Messenger more than texting.

Don't really know what it's like for media, although the camera is really poor.

Not sure how much it is on PAYG either, since I'm on contract
Quote by PaulyVengeance

^ this, i have one too, strangely its better than the girlfriends new Xperia Play
i'm Ginger its fun
if you got the bb on payg you're a fool, i have it on payg and its poo
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
If you like to take pictures - Get a Sony Ericsson Cybershot
If you text a lot - Get a blackberry
If you play games - Get a HTC on Android or WP7
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

I went with the Blackberry Curve 8520 or whatever number it was, haha.

Thanks for all the help guys, I like it already ^_^ And yes for the guy above, I use my mobile for texting more than anything else xD

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Good choice. As has been said a few times, the BB series is great for texting, pretty good for internet too. BBM isn't too bad, considering that more and more people are buying BB's nowadays.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
I went with the Blackberry Curve 8520 or whatever number it was, haha.

Thanks for all the help guys, I like it already ^_^ And yes for the guy above, I use my mobile for texting more than anything else xD

Shows just how much you read my post or rather did you even click on the link? If you did, you wouldn't have wrote what you posted.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Harmonius
Shows just how much you read my post or rather did you even click on the link? If you did, you wouldn't have wrote what you posted.

Have you ever thought that he might have been out, actually buying the phone when you posted that link?
Quote by Harmonius

Guess I should have been more specific, I meant Vitchb and not you.

Quote by maiden_man_666
You could get an HTC for that price

Possibly but I know I didn't want an android phone, everyone I know who's owned one has had some kind of trouble with either the phone itself or the OS or something. BB does everything I could possibly want out of a phone right now and more, it looks like something I want to own and I've not actually heard anything bad about it in any way that matters. About the only negative point I could find out of anyone was that the interface isn't as flashy as some and I really don't care about that. Sometimes I'm still impressed when I see colour screen phones for god's sake

Seriously, no more debate guys, the phone is in my pocket. You can say "you should have bought this" all you like but I've spent my money now

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.