Im looking for a tube amp preferably combo but i dont mind. I have a budget of about £250-300 MAX. I play metal, indie, rock, hardcore etc so i need alot of crunchy tube tones but yet heavy as can be tones. my favourite guitarists are george harrisson, kirk hammett and jeff hannemann. I'd like to buy new, but used isnt a problem. it would mostly be for home playing, or jamming with my friends. i live near glasgow and edinburgh, scotland so i have easy access as im only 30mins-1 hour away. I have a boss me50 which i intend to keep, and a line 6 spider iv 30 which i will be selling before i get the amp.
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Quote by Johnny Quest
peavey - valve king loud enough to gig with and affortable

A good amp, but NOT a metal amp IMO - I had one and I needed a boost pedal in front of it and an EQ pedal in the FX loop, and even then it wasn't the best metal tone I'd heard. Also, it's pretty god damn loud.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Quote by Johnny Quest
peavey - valve king loud enough to gig with and affortable

if you could find that under 300 then id happily get that
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
yeah it is loud, and i went down the line of getting the spider for metal. it sucked with a pedal behind it too
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
If you shop around the second hand market you might be lucky enough to pick up a second hand marshall dsl 401 within your budget if somebody wants a quick sale. Plenty loud for jamming at home and you would get away with it for some gigs if you mic'd it up and put it through a pa. The usual word of warning here if you decide to buy one second hand. Try it out to check it is working before you buy it. Any issues with noise or a general lack of power when you try it hint at dodgy tubes. Also if folk are economical with info when you ask them how old the tubes are then it probably means they are long due for a change. I sold a jmp 1 onto somebody with a set of spare tubes and I showed them a receipt to show the tubes were new spares. Retubes and a rebias for a combo could run to another 80 quid so beware. If you have friends that are savvy about tube amps then take them with you to look the kit over with you. Check out gumtree and good luck to you.
how flexible is your budget?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
how flexible is your budget?

well i get about 200-230 for christmas + the money ill get from selling my line 6 spider iv 30 which i guess will be 100 so maybe upto £330 but no more
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
ah ok. i was gonna say that if you could get up to around £400 that the traynor ycv50b on thomann might be worth a try, but if it's going to take you forever to save that then there's not much point. Something pretty good now will do your playing etc. more good than something really good if you have to wait 5 years to get it, lol.

I haven't tried either of these (but i can't think of anything else), but maybe some bugeras or jet cities? the jet city distributor had some really good deals on ebay with box-damaged amps, but those deals might be over (would be worth a look, though).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by leigh596
Im looking for a tube amp preferably combo but i dont mind. I have a budget of about £250-300 MAX. I play metal, indie, rock, hardcore etc so i need alot of crunchy tube tones but yet heavy as can be tones. my favourite guitarists are george harrisson, kirk hammett and jeff hannemann. I'd like to buy new, but used isnt a problem. it would mostly be for home playing, or jamming with my friends. i live near glasgow and edinburgh, scotland so i have easy access as im only 30mins-1 hour away. I have a boss me50 which i intend to keep, and a line 6 spider iv 30 which i will be selling before i get the amp.

You signature has the answer in it. You've got it listed as buy soon Jet city JCA2112RC

IMHO the JCA20H is a bit more flexible than the combo you have listed.

Either one will give you the tone you want just put a TS9 or Bad Monkey in front of it.
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
Quote by Willowthewitch
You signature has the answer in it. You've got it listed as buy soon Jet city JCA2112RC

IMHO the JCA20H is a bit more flexible than the combo you have listed.

Either one will give you the tone you want just put a TS9 or Bad Monkey in front of it.

i havent got a cabinet, can i just use the head its self? i also looked at a used vox night train
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
nah you need a cab with a head
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
nah you need a cab with a head

aw i think i will just stick with the combo now
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
300 bucks?

Good luck man . I'd say hunt down a used VK, thats the best you'll do on that budget for those sounds.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

a VK with an OD out front and an EQ in the loop, will get you decent metal tones. i did it for a while a few years ago. the EQ is most importiant part ofit. stay up on the mids, the VK is terrible scooped.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
you might be able to find a Bugera 333XL. Idk how cheap they go used, but that would be a good option. If not, the VK is an alright amp too. It's pretty damn cheap if you're in the US. I see the 112's go for $175-200 all the time. With the extra cash you can get a couple pedals to liven it up a bit.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
its £300, which is just over $400 US.
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Quote by vexer95
Have you looked into a Roland cube? this is a good one they have a nice range of tones and have a great metal tone check it out
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/roland-cube-40xl-40w-1x10-guitar-combo-amp/h68598000001000

yes, but i dont want a solid state/modelling amp again, i want a tube amp
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700