Which set of pickups has better cleans and distortion?

A set of Seymour Duncan JB + Jazz or A set of EMG HZ H4s?
Well it's really more of a two part question. The Seymour duncan set will get you better clean sounds and a lot more versatility, but the Hzs will sound much more metal. What sort of music are you looking to play, and what guitar are you going to throw em into?
I got EMG HZ H4s in my Dean Vendetta.. and it kicks ass.. although.. mostly i play rock and metal.. its got good cleans too.. but the sound is a bit bassy.. (i guess thats bcos of the basswood body on my guitar).
i would go with duncans because passives are generally more versatile.
I'm not a James Hetfield fan
My username is "hames jetfield" because "farty mriedman" sounds weird.

Quote by laid-to-waste
i have rabies from licking my pet rat's face

Jackson DK2M
Digitech RP255
Vox DA5
Casio CTK-6000
Quote by ToxicTrace100
Well it's really more of a two part question. The Seymour duncan set will get you better clean sounds and a lot more versatility, but the Hzs will sound much more metal. What sort of music are you looking to play, and what guitar are you going to throw em into?

I thought the EMH hzs were medium output. I thought the Jb/Jazz are actually a lot higher output?
Quote by hames jetfield
i would go with duncans because passives are generally more versatile.

Both are passive
Quote by 3reach
Both are passive

Sorry I didn't know EMG made passives too.
I'm not a James Hetfield fan
My username is "hames jetfield" because "farty mriedman" sounds weird.

Quote by laid-to-waste
i have rabies from licking my pet rat's face

Jackson DK2M
Digitech RP255
Vox DA5
Casio CTK-6000
What I've heard is that the EMG H4s are terrible. They won't sound anything like an EMG 81 or whatever they market them to be.

However the JB/Jazz set are very good. They Seymours will sound better for metal and cleans than those EMGs will AFAIK (I have the JB in the bridge, its a good pickup)
Mesa/Boogie Studio Pre | Marshall EL34 50/50 Power | Harley Benton 2x12 V30's

How do you like, your mids in the morning?
What jb are you talking about?

The emg h4s arent all that bad either children of bodoms rythym guitarist uses them?
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Quote by nitarsh
I got EMG HZ H4s in my Dean Vendetta.. and it kicks ass.. although.. mostly i play rock and metal.. its got good cleans too.. but the sound is a bit bassy.. (i guess thats bcos of the basswood body on my guitar).

TS, what kind of music do you play and what kind of equipment do you own?
Especially, what's your amp and which guitar's pickups do you want to upgrade?
Every set of HZ's I've ever played have been muddy as **** and lack any form of definition in the notes. Go for the JB/Jazz set. I have them in my x40 and I love them.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

JB/Jazz

it'd be worth asking how many people recommending the EMGs think you're talking about the active ones... The consensus seems to be that HZs are normally mediocre at best.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?