I have HSH guitar and I NEVER use 2. , 3. and 4. position.
I'm thinking about convert it to HH guitar with 3-way switch.

Can someone please describe me difference between sound of just middle single coil and Neck and Bridge humbuckers together?

Tnx.
A single coil on its own sounds thinner, cleaner and brighter than two humbckers working together or working in two split coil set up. It's not that it sounds better its more a question of what sounds you need or prefer to have in your sound set. I have a mix of guitars. Some are two humbucker others are two humbucker with coil tap switching options and I have a HSH guitar as well. My guitars with the coil tap function automatically cut out the neck humbucker and split the bridge humbucker in half to effectively give you a single coil even though they dont have one installed. The humbucker works like a single coil in split mode. The H-H guitar without the coil tap function runs both humbuckers together with the switch in the middle position and it gives quite a broad and big sound. Nice in itself but limiting at times if you want a very clean or funk tone. You can back down the volume control on the guitar and it cleans up to a point but the sound is still always thicker and more beefy than a single coil. If you play out and out rock and metal all the time then it isn't so much of a worry but one day you will find yourself at home and somebody will phone you in a panic asking if you can fill in at the last minute at 'funk fest friday' and that is when you will be happy that you kept the happy clean polite jangle of the single coil :-)
One sounds like a single coil in the middle position and the other like 2 humbuckers together.
Also if you remove the single coil you will be left with a gap where the routing work was done for it and sometimes this can be ugly. Unless the single coil is getting in the way I would keep it. If it is a bit obtrusive you could get a tech to drop it down a bit more by routing the cavity a shade deeper if there is enough wood to do it.
Quote by S McAllister
A single coil on its own sounds thinner, cleaner and brighter than two humbckers working together or working in two split coil set up. It's not that it sounds better its more a question of what sounds you need or prefer to have in your sound set. I have a mix of guitars. Some are two humbucker others are two humbucker with coil tap switching options and I have a HSH guitar as well. My guitars with the coil tap function automatically cut out the neck humbucker and split the bridge humbucker in half to effectively give you a single coil even though they dont have one installed. The humbucker works like a single coil in split mode. The H-H guitar without the coil tap function runs both humbuckers together with the switch in the middle position and it gives quite a broad and big sound. Nice in itself but limiting at times if you want a very clean or funk tone. You can back down the volume control on the guitar and it cleans up to a point but the sound is still always thicker and more beefy than a single coil. If you play out and out rock and metal all the time then it isn't so much of a worry but one day you will find yourself at home and somebody will phone you in a panic asking if you can fill in at the last minute at 'funk fest friday' and that is when you will be happy that you kept the happy clean polite jangle of the single coil :-)

Tnx man,you are awesome.