So it was released yesterday last years model, the ultra 2, offered variety with an acoustic pickup installed at the neck joint but this year along with that epiphone has installed a new usb port that allows you to plug into your computer and use various effects sort of like the Fender fuse software for amps so do you think this is cool and innovative or do you think it does more bad than good?
MY GEAR:
Epiphone Sheraton 2
Takamine Jasmine J33?
60's J bass copy (trying to sell or trade)
fender mustang 1
Victoria Regal II
big muff
seed of life overdrive

"We make music for hipster strippers" Dan Auerbach
how could it be bad?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
how could it be bad?

This. I don't think you realize how awesome having line in capabilities like that with a guitar are . That would be endlessly useful for the musician with a home studio that needs ease of recording.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Sounds like an awesome idea.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I think that's kind of awful... for "ease of recording", it's not a whole lot easier then plugging it into an interface, or even plugging it into an amp and recording the amp. It just kind of makes me mad that half the time UG'ers will bitch about how digital music is becoming, then praise this guitar in the same breath. A guitar should be a guitar. Not all-in-one recording device
it comes with GR 4 and is its own interface, this would allow people to record at home with nothing more than their guitar and PC>

Its the perfect combination of guitar/tech that allows the guitar to remain an instrument with the extra capabilities of an interface whilst not affecting the way the guitar feels or plays. Which was mine and many others issue with the Gibson robots.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by scimitar_255
I think that's kind of awful... for "ease of recording", it's not a whole lot easier then plugging it into an interface, or even plugging it into an amp and recording the amp. It just kind of makes me mad that half the time UG'ers will bitch about how digital music is becoming, then praise this guitar in the same breath. A guitar should be a guitar. Not all-in-one recording device

Why not?

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by JesusCrisp
Well, if it was a Gibson.

There would be the biggest shitstorm ever.

Guitars:
Charvel USA San Dimas | Jackson Matt Tuck Rhoads | Jackson DK2M Dinky | Epiphone Les Paul Custom Midnight | Fender MIM Sunburst Tele

Amp:
Jet City JCA100HDM | Framus CS 2x12
I think it's great technology for a guitar.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by scimitar_255

It may not be a "whole lot" easier but it might cut down on all the "how do I record my guitar/which interface should I buy?" threads in the Recording forum. That'd be worth it right there.
Pretty gay.

Not that im against advances in technology.

Theres equipment that does all this better for less than £550 :/.

And you arent stuck with an Epi LP.