Right now im looking at an Ibanez S470 (mostly because of the trem and it's price, and I've heard good things about it) the main draw back is the fact that it only has 22 frets. so i dont know if i should buy this guitar or what really. The style i play is Satriani/Vai to meagadeth and anywhere inbetween. My current gear is a Fender mexican strat and a Peavey Vypyr. Thanks!
Quote by bluestratplayer
Im going to initial the back of every MG in guitarcenter "ZW" and see how many threads come out thinking Zakk Wylde owned thier amp.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Just me and rhino will end in the extinction of a species.
well, satriani mostly uses 22 fret guitars :P for things like vai, the 23rd and 24th fret could come in handy at some point though.

I dont know if i'd skip a good guitar, just because it has 22 frets instead of 24. I did leave a great guitar once, because it had 22 frets but because of the, i allready had trouble reaching the 17th:P and considdering the fact i started to get into prog. metal, and i just had started a prog metal band, where we would be covering Dream Theater, i decided to leave it :P
Quote by Ih5g
well, satriani mostly uses 22 fret guitars :P for things like vai, the 23rd and 24th fret could come in handy at some point though.

I dont know if i'd skip a good guitar, just because it has 22 frets instead of 24.

that what im wondering
Quote by bluestratplayer
Im going to initial the back of every MG in guitarcenter "ZW" and see how many threads come out thinking Zakk Wylde owned thier amp.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
bump
Quote by bluestratplayer
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
how much you got to spend?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
how much you got to spend?

max is around $250... so yeah tight budget
Quote by bluestratplayer
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Quote by rhino1957
Right now im looking at an Ibanez S470 (mostly because of the trem and it's price, and I've heard good things about it) the main draw back is the fact that it only has 22 frets. so i dont know if i should buy this guitar or what really. The style i play is Satriani/Vai to meagadeth and anywhere inbetween. My current gear is a Fender mexican strat and a Peavey Vypyr. Thanks!

get one of the newer S series guitars. they have teh badass ZR trem AND the 24 frets.....

EDIT:
Quote by rhino1957
max is around $250... so yeah tight budget

dude, i suggest biting down a nut and savin up to AT LEAST 450.
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Last edited by SomebodySomeone at Aug 2, 2011,
If you can save more, do.

If not that S you found is a good deal.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by SomebodySomeone
get one of the newer S series guitars. they have teh badass ZR trem AND the 24 frets.....

EDIT:

dude, i suggest biting down a nut and savin up to AT LEAST 450.

+1 then again I pretty much S series for the reason that some people like them.

I don't like the ZR trem to me it just feels weird.

If you're not used to a FR it might not be an issue to me it's huge...
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
Quote by Willowthewitch
+1 then again I pretty much S series for the reason that some people like them.

I don't like the ZR trem to me it just feels weird.

If you're not used to a FR it might not be an issue to me it's huge...

yeah i probley should save more but I'm impatient besides Ive heard that they were good guitars anyway, I just want to double check. Anyone else?
Quote by bluestratplayer
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Try finding a used new version. Now, all Saber guitars have 24 frets I think.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Alright dude, take it from me.
It may not be the best recommendation, but i've owned two of them.
Look for an Ibanez from the EX series.
They have quality to them because they're older and made in korea, and pretty much for an all stock guitar are pretty great.
You can get them stupid cheap on ebay or in pawn shops.
But make sure you find one in the higher numbers, like in the 300s, or the top of the line model, the EX3700.
Cusp of Magic
Quote by Woffelz
Try finding a used new version. Now, all Saber guitars have 24 frets I think.

this, like i said before.

all the S series guitars manufactured 2011 and after will have 24 frets and the ZR.
try savin at least 450....and look the used market for one of these newer 24fret S guitars i've seen one or two so far so it shouldnt be hard to find one
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Quote by SomebodySomeone
this, like i said before.

all the S series guitars manufactured 2011 and after will have 24 frets and the ZR.
try savin at least 450....and look the used market for one of these newer 24fret S guitars i've seen one or two so far so it shouldnt be hard to find one

I can't find 'em on ebay
Quote by bluestratplayer
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Quote by rhino1957
I can't find 'em on ebay

where you located?

craigslist maybe? you gotta be patient. wait for perfect timing. you have no idea how many great incredible deals ive missed out on because i was too impatient.
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Quote by SomebodySomeone
where you located?

craigslist maybe? you gotta be patient. wait for perfect timing. you have no idea how many great incredible deals ive missed out on because i was too impatient.

central il and my craigslist is bad
Quote by bluestratplayer
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Quote by rhino1957
central il and my craigslist is bad

sory bro, but you gonna have to bit the bullet and save at least 450. to get a decent ibanez with a good trem.

you can try lookin for a used 90's RG5XX or RG7XX. they both come with 24 frets and Original Edge/LoPro Edge. great deal, usually go for no more than 400 used..
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock