Page 1 of 2
Article

Frustrated by motorists who park their cars with impunity around the Lithuanian capital of Vilnius, Mayor Arturas Zuokas reportedly took an extreme approach to express his displeasure.

According to the Irish Times, the mayor, seeking to reassure residents that the city will not let drivers park illegally without punishment, hopped in an armored personnel carrier and drove over a Mercedes-Benz.

Video of the publicity stunt — posted on the mayor's YouTube page — shows the grinning lawmaker and a handful of men riding the tank as it slowly rolls over, then partially crushes, an old Mercedes-Benz S-Class parked in a bus lane.

"In the past few days, expensive cars have been illegally parked in almost this exact place – a Rolls Royce and a Ferrari," the mayor reportedly explains while narrating the video.

"This tank is a good tool to solve the problem of parking in the wrong place."

The mayor, reportedly a biking enthusiast, is shown cleaning some of the mess, then riding his bike away from the scene.

According to the Irish Times, Mr. Zuokas explained that he "wanted to send a message."

"I want to point out that if you have a car and more money it doesn’t mean that you can park it everywhere. Recently, there’s been an increase in this type of parking violations, and it shows a lack of respect for others."

The mayor's spokeswoman, Irma Juskenaite, told the Guardian that Zuokas hopes residents received the message loud and clear.

"The mayor hopes that he will not have to repeat his performance to have drivers heed his message, although he says that he is prepared to do so."

Additionally, Juskenaite told the Guardian that the Mercedes-Benz was purchased specifically for the video.

Picture:

(Invalid img)

If you live in this town don't park your car in the bike lane.
Last edited by WaterGod at Aug 2, 2011,

What a boss
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Aug 2, 2011,
The look on the guys face when he sees his mercedes is cruched is priceless
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
I would vote for him.
Quote by vicarious46
The look on the guys face when he sees his mercedes is cruched is priceless

The mercedes was bought for the video.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Aug 2, 2011,
Quote by The_Casinator
That guy is my hero.

This. What a cool bastard.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
That's not a tank, that's an armored personnel carrier.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I would vote for him.

The mercedes was bought for the video.

Oh...
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
reminds me of that guy the decided to crash his bike into everything that is in the bike lane.

it was pretty amusing.
Also, isn't this kind of an expensive stunt to just promote against illegal parking?
Quote by Basti95
You think of something then!

I heard the guy who parked the car came back and saw the scene. He was crushed.
^You prick you didn't even set it up!

ALL HAIL MAYOR TRUCKASAURUS

May death come swiftly to his enemies.

Quote by WizMystery
What, no puns?

I bet the owner was crushed.

TANK YOU TANK YOU I'LL BE HERE ALL WEEK!
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by TheBurningFish
I bet the owner was crushed.

Quote by WizMystery
He was crushed.

Have we run out already?
If I was the owner of that merc I'd go completely APC.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Isn't Dr. Doom the ruler of Lithuania? If so, then those blasphemers got it easy.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Last edited by Grimriffer at Aug 2, 2011,
Omg this guy's from my country, Lithuania . This is actually where I found out about this. Oddly enough, even our own news sites don't have anything about this yet.

Back some years ago, when the stepped down from being mayor of Vilnius, people complained about all the corruption that was done when he was in charge and so on. After someone new was elected, it got worse, so now he basically ran a campaign that said "Everyone steals, including me, but I'll atleast get something done". And he won.

Also last I heard he was just recently hospitalized multiple times for heart problems.

Still, I got new respect for him. What a boss.
Last edited by Shinami at Aug 2, 2011,
Corrupt bastard (like everyone else), but boss non the less
Quote by the_white_bunny
the point of life is to die.
and pay taxes.

Quote by /PurpleWhalez/
Blasphemy as severe as this is fucking unforgivable and by bullshito code you must commit sudoku for disgracing famirys honoru.
Quote by WizMystery
Have we run out already?

It was just a set up for the tank you, which was also ninja'd.

There isn't that much pun potential anyways.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Only in Ameri... wait, lithuania?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Page 1 of 2