Page 1 of 4
Quote by Jawlytomtom
will you guys ever get tired of mocking religion?

Never!

NEVER!!!!!

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAH

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by Jawlytomtom

No.
But yeah, he hasn't got much original to say.
Edit: 5 minutes in that, is .
Last edited by Mudmen190 at Aug 2, 2011,
Jim Jefferies is great.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Jawlytomtom

will religious people ever get tired of patronizingly mocking non-religious people and shoving their beliefs down the throats of the unwilling?

To both questions the answer is most likely 'no.'
I take it I'm not the only one who though this was about the Hearts manager and got awfully confused?
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Definite lack of him on Youtube, which is a shame because he's done some fantastic sets... sometimes I think he pushes it just a little too far to even get recognized as a popular 'edgy' comedian, sadly.
Quote by nincompoop
will religious people ever get tired of patronizingly mocking non-religious people and shoving their beliefs down the throats of the unwilling?

i hear this all the time, and yet it never happens to me.
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan
i hear this all the time, and yet it never happens to me.

It's happened to me.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Both have happened to me.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by Jawlytomtom

Not until it stops being funny.
It's pretty funny, I lol'd a fair bit. There's nothing really to be offended about. The beliefs he's describing are those of fundamentalist religious people, who are in the minority (well, at least where I live) so going 'oh my god, he offended me' when he's talking about Creationism is pretty silly.

EDIT:

Even if you are offended, shut your stupid mouth, no one cares.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Last edited by isabiggles at Aug 2, 2011,
Quote by nincompoop

To both questions the answer is most likely 'no.'
So a ten minute video of a guy mocking religious people shoving his beliefs down the throats of the unwilling is okay though.... I Got Ya!
Everybody Dies
Ignorance is NOT just what you DO NOT know but what you WILL NOT know

MY Soundcloud
Tears for toda la alegría que teníamos
Tears for todo el dolor
Las lágrimas de invierno que llevan dentro
Siempre gritar tu nombre
Estas lágrimas de invierno , voy a llorar por ti
Estas lágrimas de invierno , son solamente para usted
i think you guys are probably a couple of drama queens. i remember my first year of college someone said atheists would go to hell. is that what you guys mean by shoving their beliefs down my throat? because i'm not an idiot. i was aware christians believe this. i wasn't shocked. in fact, i didn't care. you know what i said? nothing. because i don't care. and if you care enough to be offended by someone telling you you're immoral and going to hell, i kind of question your actual lack of belief.
#DTWD
Quote by AllJudasPriest
So a ten minute video of a guy mocking religious people shoving his beliefs down the throats of the unwilling is okay though.... I Got Ya!

They paid to see him, therefore they were willing. They all knew what they were in for.

Your logic is flawed.

YOU MUST BE RELIGIOUS

*ba dum tsh*

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by primusfan
i think you guys are probably a couple of drama queens. i remember my first year of college someone said atheists would go to hell. is that what you guys mean by shoving their beliefs down my throat? because i'm not an idiot. i was aware christians believe this. i wasn't shocked. in fact, i didn't care. you know what i said? nothing. because i don't care. and if you care enough to be offended by someone telling you you're immoral and going to hell, i kind of question your actual lack of belief.

I don't care, I just said that it's happened to me. And no, I mean people stopping me on the street preaching to me about their beliefs and handing me pamphlets on what to do to avoid burning for eternity. I laugh and I really don't care, but it happens.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by andyscoot
I find the non religious people are far more "noisy" with their beliefs than religious people.

*DISCLAIMER - andyscoot has never heard of a church before*
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Quote by andyscoot
I find the non religious people are far more "noisy" with their beliefs than religious people.

That would be something of an achievement, given that religious organisations have massive amounts of people who's sole purpose is to convert people.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by fearofthemark
*DISCLAIMER - andyscoot has never heard of a church before*

I could yell insults into my pants and no one would be offended. They're in a church, keeping it to themselves. It'd be like a fundamentalist christian going to a meeting with Richard Dawkins and complaining about being offended when said person's beliefs were criticised.
Quote by the_white_bunny

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by isabiggles
I could yell insults into my pants and no one would be offended. They're in a church, keeping it to themselves. It'd be like a fundamentalist christian going to a meeting with Richard Dawkins and complaining about being offended when said person's beliefs were criticised.

Or a person paying to go to a comedy show where the comedian openly makes fun of religion.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

The religious jokes weren't really that funny and the panda bit was alright. IMO, Bill Hicks and George Carlin do a better job when it comes to the topic of religion.
Order & Justice
Order Restored, Justice Served
Quote by valennic
They paid to see him, therefore they were willing. They all knew what they were in for.

Your logic is flawed.
I cannot decide which is sadder. The inversion of my point here or the fact that I knew, verbatim, that this inversion would happen.
Quote by valennic
YOU MUST BE RELIGIOUS
Nope
Everybody Dies
Ignorance is NOT just what you DO NOT know but what you WILL NOT know

MY Soundcloud
Tears for toda la alegría que teníamos
Tears for todo el dolor
Las lágrimas de invierno que llevan dentro
Siempre gritar tu nombre
Estas lágrimas de invierno , voy a llorar por ti
Estas lágrimas de invierno , son solamente para usted
Quote by Ur all $h1t
That would be something of an achievement, given that religious organisations have massive amounts of people who's sole purpose is to convert people.

and? no one has a right not to be bothered by annoying people. again, who cares? if they want to waste their time and money, let them.

all the vehement hate religion stuff just seems like stooping to their level. it's the intellectual equivalent of going to the principal's office and saying "well he started it!" they even have "bible" camps for atheists now.

http://www.campquest.org/
#DTWD
Quote by fearofthemark
Or a person paying to go to a comedy show where the comedian openly makes fun of religion.

Yeah for real. I'm not with either side.

I just cannot stand people who get offended at certain jokes and speak up about it. Just the sheer hypocrisy. It's totally subjective. Normally the people who get offended by those kind of jokes are the same people who laughed at other jokes that could offend someone else. Constantly trying to impose their morality onto others. Nothing wrong with being offended by something... just shut your mouth if you are.
Quote by the_white_bunny

Quote by the_white_bunny
Quote by isabiggles
Yeah for real. I'm not with either side.

I just cannot stand people who get offended at certain jokes and speak up about it. Just the sheer hypocrisy. It's totally subjective. Normally the people who get offended by those kind of jokes are the same people who laughed at other jokes that could offend someone else. Constantly trying to impose their morality onto others. Nothing wrong with being offended by something... just shut your mouth if you are.

I shared this because I thought it was funny, I didn't want to start this whole shitstorm
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

I kinda feel sorry for religious people. They honestly believe that you will go to hell, and they're trying to save you from it.
What if you were completely certain that some great danger was coming, but no-one believed the evidence you were presenting?
Quote by sashki
I kinda feel sorry for religious people. They honestly believe that you will go to hell, and they're trying to save you from it.

Not always.
Quote by the_white_bunny

Quote by the_white_bunny
Quote by fearofthemark
I shared this because I thought it was funny, I didn't want to start this whole shitstorm

you're either being coy or you're just dumb. you've clearly been to the pit long enough to know that anything even VAGUELY associated with religion starts a whole shit storm.

and on that note, i've realized that somewhere in the depths of my brain in some darkened corner, i just started to care, so i'm going to go elsewhere.
#DTWD
Last edited by primusfan at Aug 2, 2011,
Quote by primusfan
and? no one has a right not to be bothered by annoying people. again, who cares? if they want to waste their time and money, let them.

all the vehement hate religion stuff just seems like stooping to their level. it's the intellectual equivalent of going to the principal's office and saying "well he started it!" they even have "bible" camps for atheists now.

http://www.campquest.org/

I never said anything about whether or not I give a shit about it. To be honest I couldn't care less what missionaries are doing. I'm simply pointing out that this idea that atheists are somehow far more vocal in their disbelief than the faithful is nonsense and comes largely from people clicking into threads on the internet about religion.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by G!!
Might just be the two of us.

Ex-Hearts manager now.

And make it three
Super Leeds and Classy Cas!
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I never said anything about whether or not I give a shit about it. To be honest I couldn't care less what missionaries are doing. I'm simply pointing out that this idea that atheists are somehow far more vocal in their disbelief than the faithful is nonsense and comes largely from people clicking into threads on the internet about religion.

well i think the guy was speaking from his personal experience, not statistics on how much money the church spend on missionaries and billboards vs atheist organizations. and it's also true in my personal experience. maybe that's just because of the people with whom i choose to hang out. but regardless, that's my experience as well.

i understand your point, but i guess i mistook your post for telling someone his personal experience is wrong. which i think is unfair to say.
#DTWD
Page 1 of 4