Hello I just bought my first electric guitar (http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Epiphone/50th-Anniversary-1960-Les-Paul-Standard.aspx)

I don’t own a Amp yet, I don’t know how to play and I don’t want to get to loud while learning
I’m looking for the best headphone solution.
I have an Ipad maybe I can try with amplitube app, or is a better option to get a Line 6 pod pocket Multi Effects Processor?
Or should I buy one Amp, I was looking at the Vox AC4TV 4W 1x10 Tube Guitar Combo Amp it has a 1w output level option, but it doesn’t have effects like the fender super champ XD
I don’t know what to do, I have 45 days return period on my guitar so what you guys think it’s the best option?
Thats a pretty nice starter guitar, so your definatly off on the right foot. I wouldn't go for something so small for an amp. Whats your budget?

If you have 2-300 bucks to drop on amp you can get a Vox Valvetronix or a Roland Cube. It all depends on what kind of style of music you'd like to play and the budget that you have.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
I'd get a mfx pedal like the digitech rp355. It's got a drum machine and a 20 sec looper that is great for practising. I plug headphones into it and it sounds great. You can find it for under $170 new.

Or you could get an amp like a Roland cube or peavy vypry. I really like the sound of the cube amps.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Last edited by kutless999 at Aug 2, 2011,
the vox ac4 would be a very nice amp for begginer practice remember it could still get kinda loud but you would get some very nice tones and that its a tube amp so you cant just throw it around

im kinda happy that someone chose to look at a tube amp for a first amp instead of a spider,of mg
Last edited by supersac at Aug 2, 2011,
If you're looking for lots of effects i'd say a peavey vypyr, it's a great amps and you can use headphones with it if you need to
Yeah go with a Peavey, they are amazing amps for the price. you could find a really nice amp for around $100-$300. These amps are high quality and sound amazing. There are tons of amp models built in on the Vypyr Series, so you can make it sound like you are playing through a Fender or a Marshall, or whatever. You can also plug headphones into it so you can play quietly. Goodluck!
thanks for your answers. i have another question like i will be playing on cheep amps does it matter what guitar i use, i ask because i bought this guitar http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/epiphone-limited-edition-50th-anniversary-1960-les-paul-version-3-electric-guitar and i want to change it for http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/epiphone-les-paul-custom-electric-guitar/518350000026000
right now the difference between them is 300 dollar but i bought my guitar on sale for 699 not 899, so its only a 100 dollars difference for me
I don't like my guitar color i got the heritage darkburst and i prefer the alpine white the reason i bought the guitar i have now its because it has better specs than the white one. but if playing it with a cheep amp will make it sound the same i prefer the alpine white.. what do guys think?
Well if you are playing through a tube amp like the AC4TV it'll certainly make a difference. I got one myself and I love it, and it sounds really different depending on which guitar I play through it.
Mind you, the AC4 is still fairly loud for its small size, and it has no master volume, so you wont get it to break up nicely unless you crank it some. Running it at 1/4W helps a lot though....that and overdrive pedals (not needed for you yet though...but a good option later on!)
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
I wouldn't worry about the guitar too much yet, just get something you like and start playing. Chances are no matter what you buy now your opinions may change as you progress.

As for the amp, I would recommend you get a small modeling amp with a headphone out. The Peavey Vypyr suggested is probably your best bet.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!