Hey guys,

So as i said in the previous thread, i just started making instructional videos. Mainly as practice while i’m studying to be a music teacher.

In the past I have made video’s explaining how to create and play any scale or mode on the guitar.

And now we take that knowledge and expand it into Key Signatures.

Why are Key Signatures important?

Well through understanding key signatures, you can work out which notes are going to work in a song for soloing or making melodies. Or you can even work out what chords to use when writing a song.

However it all comes back to understanding and creating the major scale (as we are looking at major key signatures).

So if you are rusty on major scales or are unsure on how to create major scales, watch this below video first:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H7F3YKS9G0

And if you already understand how major scales are created you can move on to key signatures!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nykDL6iZIFk

This is the first video in a huge series. Next comes how to understand chords, reading chords, roman numeral chord progression and finally how to read the fretboard (instead of memorizing a million different chord shapes).

If all this interests you subscribe, and comment if you need help!

All the best,

Pat
Gear:
O'donnell - Cocobolo fusion
Maton - EBG808
Ibanez Stratocaster (1976)
Chapman ML1

Reynolds JFR25
THD Bivalve

YouTube Channel:
www.youtube.com/patdavidmusic
Last edited by PatrickDavid at Aug 2, 2011,
Quote by Gabe96
Thanks this is awesome.

You're very welcome Gabe!

Thankyou for the kind words

If anything part of that video doesn't make sense or seems like a rushed through it,
It's purely because all the other video's will go into writing, chord building. In much more detail.

Pat
Gear:
Maton - EBG808
Chapman ML1

Reynolds JFR25
THD Bivalve

YouTube Channel:
Hey guys,

I'm doing more video's this week and they all branch off this key signature one,

If there's anything confusing about the above video's just let me know and I'll clear everything up in the next video,

Pat
Gear:
Maton - EBG808
Chapman ML1

Reynolds JFR25
THD Bivalve

YouTube Channel: