All right, so I just bought tickets to a show. I couldn't choose my seats (basically, I could just buy a ticket), and I printed it out, it said ADG (General admission i'm pretty sure) ROW GA4 SEAT 18. So I THINK that I have a shitty seat like in the balcony or something. But then I check the seating chart (reserved seating) and seat 17 actually is on the floor. See for yourself:

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/100046AB0BDEC3B8

What does that mean? Where am I sitting?
ADG ROW GA4 SEAT 18

Also, is there security/ticket checkers only at the doors, or like before every section (floor, mezzanine, balcony)? So I could get in the floor if I arrive early.
Nope, your wrong. its general admission. This usually means you choose your seat (first come first serve obviously) or there are no seats and it is standing room. If it is a small venue it is probably all standing room and no bad seats. If it is a larger venue, it is probably like lawn seats and you will be back behind the people who paid for better seats. Either way GA does not equal shitty seats. Get there early and pick your spot
How early exactly so I can stand? Like 8:00 am, noon, 2 pm maybe? Doors 5:00 pm, show 6:30. Capacity is 2300 but I don't know how many can sit or stand! Do you have an idea?
You'll probably just be standing on the floor. There were seat numbers on my ticket when I saw AFI, but it didn't mean anything.
Check out my band Disturbed
It depends. If you want to be right up front, be there early. If you don't care, show up maybe an hour or so early.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by chr15t0ph3r
How early exactly so I can stand? Like 8:00 am, noon, 2 pm maybe? Doors 5:00 pm, show 6:30. Capacity is 2300 but I don't know how many can sit or stand! Do you have an idea?

Sounds like a 400 standing and the rest sitting kind of affair.

General admission means standing in my experience.
If you wanna get up front turn up maybe 2-3 hours beforehand. If you're alright with being stood near the middle you can turn up half an hour to an hour before the doors open.

Edit: Looking at the floor plan it appears it's all standing but those in yellow are on a balcony.

You want to be in the red bit TS, get there about 2 hours early.
Last edited by SG_dave at Aug 2, 2011,