Hey guys
So I was playing about 2 hours ago, and I bent my high E a little far and broke a string. I figured since I haven't changed them in a LONG time I might as well just throw a whole new set on. So I did that, and everything sounded fine EXCEPT that high E. When the guitar isn't plugged in it just sounds dead, and when it is it just make a chirpy sound, as if you were picking above the nut or something. I already tried a different string, to make sure it wasn't just a dud or something, but it's still doing it. Anybody have any advice as to what might be the problem and how I can fix it?
Thanks
Rock on or die

Guitarist 5 years, Had purpose in life 5 years

Quote by angusfan16
My name is NOT Anus Fan!
I'm gonna take a stab and talk from an experience I had, try slowly adjusting the height of the bridge using the screws on the side of it, same with the pickups.

Anyone that thinks this is bull feel free to correct me!
Quote by Wolfmanxci
I'm gonna take a stab and talk from an experience I had, try slowly adjusting the height of the bridge using the screws on the side of it, same with the pickups.

Anyone that thinks this is bull feel free to correct me!

Could be it, but I could really mess it up that way since I don't know what I was doing, and end up needing a repair. The other thing is it was fine right before that. Just a weird situation lol
Rock on or die

Guitarist 5 years, Had purpose in life 5 years

Quote by angusfan16
My name is NOT Anus Fan!
Is it hitting the fretboard anywhere? Adjust your action a bit just to make sure that it's not an issue with the bridge or nut.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Are they the same gauge strings?
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal