Hi guys!
I am looking for progressive metal bands that play in standard tuning, similar to Nevermore, but those in which the guitar players use a 6 string guitar. I want to learn some progressive metal songs and move away from thrash and heavy metal for a while.
Thanks muchos!!
Dream Theater.
Fender American Telecaster (60th Anniversary)
Egnater Rebel 30 Head/Cab
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station
Cynic, anything else is wrong
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by Don&theBunnymen
Protest the Hero play some songs in standard.

Very big difference that one letter makes :P

I thought maybe a few songs from A Calculated Use of Sound might be in standard but it doesn't look like it. Don't think they ever play in standard, maybe a few tabs have been transcribed though to a playable level in standard.
Quote by 21Fretter
Very big difference that one letter makes :P

I thought maybe a few songs from A Calculated Use of Sound might be in standard but it doesn't look like it. Don't think they ever play in standard, maybe a few tabs have been transcribed though to a playable level in standard.

their songs are all in half-step down or in drop c#
My Rig:

• Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Blackcherry
  • Randall RG75D-G3
  • Dunlop Crybaby Wah
  • Boss FV-50 H volume
  • Boss DM-2 analogue delay

My Last.FM page

The UPROAR My music blog/webzine.
Getting a great metal tone is really easy. It is necessary have the right equipment and knows the right settings necessary to dial in the perfect metal sound.
Dream Theater does a bunch of songs in standard.

Also I'm pretty sure PtH plays in standard Eb but I could be wrong.
I guess you could consider the Dillinger Escape Plan that? They use standard. So do Blotted Science