Page 1 of 2
Hi everyone

I just got a new amp, its a hughes and kettner tubemeister 18 head (18watt). It has 2 channels (clean and Lead(+Lead boost)), 2 12ax7's, 2 EL84's, the TSC hughes and kettner technology that auto biases the power tubes, 4 stage power soak(18,5,1,0(no speaker), FX loop, Red Box DI(speaker simulation), and a 3 band EQ. Also you can plug a footswitch (fs-2) however is not included on the head model, it can work with speakers between 8-16 ohms, the head is made from aluminum, weights 5kg and comes with a nice padded bag.

Its a very versatile amp looks and sound great. You can get from sparkling clean sounds to modern metal. I have recorded 3 clips of my amp by using the Red Box output connected to a line 6 pod x3 live that was then connected to my pc(via usb). It doesnt sound as good as using a cab but you can get a general idea. Maybe I will record some clips from my speaker in the next couple of days(using a canon 7D dslr since i dont have a mic yet).
GUITARS:
Ibanez SAS36FM
Ibanez Prestige RG2550Z
Guild D-150
Gibson Les Paul Signature T VS

AMPS:
Peavey Mini Colosal
H&K Tubemeister 18

PEDALS:
Boss DD-3, NS-1, CS3, CH1, TU-3
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Vox Satchurator
Digitech RV-7
Last edited by Giorgosm10 at Aug 3, 2011,
Wow that thing looks awesome, HNAD!
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
tubemeister...sounds like a frat bro named it. anyway i always think amps that light up look badass...what amps does it sound similar to or is it completely it's own thing?
I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes HEY!
Wow, is it really glowing?

HNAD!
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Awesome, my GAS for this amp is rekindled, looks very sexy in the dark!

HNAD good sir
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
that looks awesome!!! hnad!
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
Congrats! I want to play one in person. Spec and features it sounds like a winner.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
looks interesting

clipz?

tnx for sharing

HNH&KD

They're in his profile

HNAD! Looks cool! The cleans sound really nice, I wanna hear it do some br00tz
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
They're in his profile

I will try to post some new clips by using a dslr camera (canon 7D) in the near future the mic on that camera is pretty good. Unfortunetely I dont own an SM57 however it is currently on my list.
GUITARS:
Ibanez SAS36FM
Ibanez Prestige RG2550Z
Guild D-150

AMPS:
Peavey Mini Colosal
H&K Tubemeister 18

PEDALS:
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Vox Satchurator
Digitech RV-7
sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Ippon
Congrats! The glow from H&Ks never fail to attract the attention of guitarists and non-players. I'm on my 3rd TriAmp MK II now. I imagine that one has the cleans unique to H&K.

Yeah the cleans are awesome like any HK. Btw TriAmps Rock , I ve heard that tubemeister is based on TriAmps circuit and HK was trying to make tubemeister a mini TriAmp I think they succeed .
GUITARS:
Ibanez SAS36FM
Ibanez Prestige RG2550Z
Guild D-150

AMPS:
Peavey Mini Colosal
H&K Tubemeister 18

PEDALS:
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Vox Satchurator
Digitech RV-7
Quote by MatrixClaw
They're in his profile

I have added a short clip 32 seconds that i have recorded using a dslr, I might add some longer ones tomorrow. The first 18 seconds at 5 watt and then at 1 watt, almost full gain using the Lead Boost channel.
GUITARS:
Ibanez SAS36FM
Ibanez Prestige RG2550Z
Guild D-150

AMPS:
Peavey Mini Colosal
H&K Tubemeister 18

PEDALS:
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Vox Satchurator
Digitech RV-7
Last edited by Giorgosm10 at Aug 4, 2011,
Looks beautiful. I don't understand why more amps can't look like this.

HNAD!
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Absolutely stunning. I want one just for how cool it looks. The awesome tone would just be a bonus
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
nah they're bigger idiots than you
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
GUITARS:
Ibanez SAS36FM
Ibanez Prestige RG2550Z
Guild D-150

AMPS:
Peavey Mini Colosal
H&K Tubemeister 18

PEDALS:
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Vox Satchurator
Digitech RV-7
Last edited by Giorgosm10 at Aug 6, 2011,
ahahaha i just realised that looked like i was calling you an idiot too

I didn't mean that. I meant they were in the wrong, not you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
HNAD! That amp makes other amps feel bad about themselves!
you're a stone fox
Quote by Giorgosm10
I recently send a Review for my amp : http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/guitar_amplifiers/hughes_and_kettner/tubemeister_18_head/index.html
I ve noticed that people are rating this amp very low, I mean Line 6 Spider 30 is rated 6.4 so that means tubemeister is as good as a Spider ? and most of them didnt even tried the amp. So what do u think Is it just my fault? (for doing a terrible review)
I bumped it up ... wait til you try a TriAmp MK II.

Quote by Dave_Mc
nah they're bigger idiots than you
LOLwut?
Last edited by Ippon at Aug 6, 2011,
i mean the people who are saying the spider is good
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
ahahaha i just realised that looked like i was calling you an idiot too

I didn't mean that. I meant they were in the wrong, not you.

Yeah I had a feeling that you didnt mean that
GUITARS:
Ibanez SAS36FM
Ibanez Prestige RG2550Z
Guild D-150

AMPS:
Peavey Mini Colosal
H&K Tubemeister 18

PEDALS:
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Vox Satchurator
Digitech RV-7
Quote by Ippon
I bumped it up ... wait til you try a TriAmp MK II.

LOLwut?

I really want to try one looks awesome.
GUITARS:
Ibanez SAS36FM
Ibanez Prestige RG2550Z
Guild D-150

AMPS:
Peavey Mini Colosal
H&K Tubemeister 18

PEDALS:
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Vox Satchurator
Digitech RV-7
Quote by Giorgosm10
Yeah I had a feeling that you didnt mean that

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Just ordered a V30 from Thomann. Also a Shure SM57 is coming soon (for better clips)
GUITARS:
Ibanez SAS36FM
Ibanez Prestige RG2550Z
Guild D-150

AMPS:
Peavey Mini Colosal
H&K Tubemeister 18

PEDALS:
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Vox Satchurator
Digitech RV-7
i always thought this was one of the best looking amps around when turned on. now with these pic in mind i know for sure HNAD. i wasn't too fond of the overdrive but i'm sure you do love it.
Today I have received my Celestion Vintage 30 which is going to replace my old Sheffield 1230 that was the stock speaker on my peavey bandit 112 amp(which I turned into a Cabinet) . Sounds much better than the sheffield IMO much more clearer and rounder sound. This speaker matches the tubemeister very well.

As you can see in the last two pictures the speaker has a small dent. Do you think is going to affect the tone or the durability of the speaker?

GUITARS:
Ibanez SAS36FM
Ibanez Prestige RG2550Z
Guild D-150

AMPS:
Peavey Mini Colosal
H&K Tubemeister 18

PEDALS:
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Vox Satchurator
Digitech RV-7
Can't help you about the dent, not really too sure on that. Good speaker selection over the Shef though. I never realized how bad those were until I matched one up against a V30.

I still can't get over how sweet that thing looks when its all lit up though!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by diceksox1809
Can't help you about the dent, not really too sure on that. Good speaker selection over the Shef though. I never realized how bad those were until I matched one up against a V30.

I still can't get over how sweet that thing looks when its all lit up though!

Yes the Celestion Vintage 30 is much better than the Sheffield 1230, the v30 totally improved my tone. I will assume that the speaker is ok cause it sounds good. As for the amp sometimes I turn it on just to look at it .

I might upload some new clips with the v30 when i get my SM57 , I ordered one and I should have it within the next week.
GUITARS:
Ibanez SAS36FM
Ibanez Prestige RG2550Z
Guild D-150

AMPS:
Peavey Mini Colosal
H&K Tubemeister 18

PEDALS:
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Vox Satchurator
Digitech RV-7
"the TSC hughes and kettner technology that auto biases the power tubes"
I see. The fact that it's an 18W'er and not a 20W'er leads me to think that the power amp is of the 18W Marshall variety like every other 18W EL84 out there. They have a cathode biased power section and as such are also auto-biased. So that makes me wonder what "H&K technology" is a euphemism for.

Regardless of possible shenanigans, nice amp.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I just saw an add for one, looks cool.
Guitars:
Gibson SG Standard with Bigsby
Gibson Custom ES-137
Gibson Custom 54' Les Paul VOS Goldtop
Gretsch G6129T Silver Jet
1968 Harmony Rocket H75

Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (modded)
1970 Fender Twin Reverb (blackfaced)

I love how the H&K Stuff glows! HNAD dude!
Gear:-
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall DSL50 (In the process of modding!)
Fender 2x12 Deville
Marshall 1960 (V30's)
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson SG Special
Fender 'Marcus Miller' Jazz Bass

My Band
Juturna

I have uploaded new clips using my SM57 and my V30. To compare the Redbox(my previous clips) with an SM57.
GUITARS:
Ibanez SAS36FM
Ibanez Prestige RG2550Z
Guild D-150

AMPS:
Peavey Mini Colosal
H&K Tubemeister 18

PEDALS:
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Vox Satchurator
Digitech RV-7
Last edited by Giorgosm10 at Sep 2, 2011,
Quote by Ippon
Congrats! The glow from H&Ks never fail to attract the attention of guitarists and non-players. I'm on my 3rd TriAmp MK II now. I imagine that one has the cleans unique to H&K.

I treat them much in the same way as lowered cars with obnoxious ground effects: laugh at how absurd it looks, then totally ignore its existence hereafter.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Page 1 of 2