Hello all. I've been playing guitar for about 6 years now and I wanted to get into bass. I've tried out a few and found some I like but the one I really want is the Fleabass Model 32. However, I haven't been able to actually try one, and I really want to try it out before I spend my hard earned money on it. I live in North Carolina, and if anyone knew where one was in the state that I could try it would be greatly appreciated. The closest I've found is in Fairfax, Virginia, which is a good 4 and a half hours away.

Also, does anyone have any suggestions for quality basses that are cheap? ($100-$500 preferably)
Quote by Nietsche
Don't drive. Stay in doors in a padded sterilised germ free room with a strait jacket eating vitamin pills at the appropriate intervals

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ipayformusic

Quote by cptcomet
Weird Kid: Do you play by ear?

Me: No, I play by hand.
Look in the FAQ at the top of the forum, its has lots of info about starter gear that you might find helpful if you want to keep your purchase cheap.

If you're willing to go used, an MIM Fender Precision or Jazz is always a good bet. If you like wafer thin necks, you can find all manner of Ibanez SR's used in your budget. Just keep an eye on craigslist and see if any good deals catch your eye.

What are you doing for an amp?
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Im just getting a cheap bundle. I did try the amp out, it sounded pretty good for the price, and the bundle just comes with an extra stand and some accessories I dont need and there's no extra cost compared to the amp by itself, so I might as well. I do need the stand. Im just planning on playing causally so I dont need a really nice amp, just one that gets the job done.

Im really just looking for a low price bass that sounds good and plays well. I've played a few Jazz basses, I prefer to Precisions. I'll check out a MIM if I can, and keep searching for good deals. Haven't played any Ibanezes but I've never been a fan of their necks anyways
Quote by Nietsche
Don't drive. Stay in doors in a padded sterilised germ free room with a strait jacket eating vitamin pills at the appropriate intervals

Quote by cptcomet

Hey man what section of NC 'cause i live here too.
Apparently this is a signature

Yessir it is
I live in NC too, here is a Jazz that comes with a hardcase for $350 in raleigh/durham area.
Quote by Conbryvas
Hey man what section of NC 'cause i live here too.

Durham

Quote by DFX11
I live in NC too, here is a Jazz that comes with a hardcase for $350 in raleigh/durham area.

Where is it?
Quote by Nietsche

Quote by cptcomet

Fleabasses don't sound the best, and from a lot of reviews, aren't manufactured the best.

I'd go with a Squier Vintage Modified Jazz or Precision Bass for $280-300.
Or if you can go a little higher, the Squier Classic Vibe series is very good. $350ish.
the used jazz bass DFX11 suggested is a pretty good deal, Id probably go with that
[Insert something clever here]
Quote by DFX11

This looks like a pretty awesome deal, I might check it out

Quote by PandamoniumXT
Fleabasses don't sound the best, and from a lot of reviews, aren't manufactured the best.

I'd go with a Squier Vintage Modified Jazz or Precision Bass for $280-300.
Or if you can go a little higher, the Squier Classic Vibe series is very good. $350ish.

I was actually looking at the Vintage Modified Jazz. I've pretty much given up on the Fleabass idea by this point. Ill try the VM, I think there's one at my Guitar Center.
Quote by Nietsche

Quote by cptcomet

I also see a 'USED FENDER DLX ACTIVE P' for $499 at the Durham GC, but I would prefer the jazz or a new classic vibe/vintage modified.