Page 1 of 2
Who else here loves to go camping?

Tomorrow I'm headed out to the Marble Mountains in California for a few days of camping/hiking.

Discuss all things camping e.g. gear, places, general experiences.
ಠ_ಠ
Camping? I love camping. It pisses so many people off though. Especially when i use my sniper rifle.
Sail upon the open skies
Until camping invents a better way to handle the morning than waking up with the sun ripping through your tent, covered in sweat and grime, and a massive hangover, I say fuck camping.
Quote by angusfan16
Camping? I love camping. It pisses so many people off though. Especially when i use my sniper rifle.

Early thread winner?
Don't mess up.
Quote by angusfan16

Pfft. Knifing them is better.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by HitTheLights81
Early thread winner?

no. having played an fps professionally, all jokes regarding camping now just seem dumb
Im going camping in my friend's backyard this weekend.

Why? I don't know, I was just invited.
Quote by angusfan16

U fuking fag cheater

And I've never been camping, and have no desire at all to.
I've been camping a few times. Twice with a tent and three times with a pop-up camper.

I'm not really a big fan of pop-ups, ours was cramped. I hate tents. Haven't tried an rv, but that just doesn't seem like camping at that point
Quote by Marshmelllow
no. having played an fps professionally, all jokes regarding camping now just seem dumb

MLG in the pit, eh?
Don't mess up.
Quote by Marshmelllow

CSS?
I love going camping. I like going to places that have a lot of hiking trails. A nice place to fish is also a plus.
arnt you a little young to have been a pro cs 1.6er? i mean when i was playing the game was "dying" and that was like 2005/2006. a money team never had someone below 18 since you cant go to events if your underage

on topic: went camping a month or so ago got drunk and did some shrooms, was a gay ol' time
Last edited by chud123 at Aug 2, 2011,
Quote by chud123
arnt you a little young to have been a pro cs 1.6er? i mean when i was playing the game was "dying" and that was like 2005/2006. a money team never had someone below 18 since you cant go to events if your underage

no im in australia. there are no age restrictions for comps here. and the scene has been barely alive since 2006. but i was at a few nationals, also a bunch of qualifiers. also professional in Australia is a WHOLE other story to that of, say, everywhere else. like if you can win a mousemat here, thats a great achievement.

and the only reason i say professional is because i was in a team that was sponsored.
Last edited by Marshmelllow at Aug 2, 2011,
I love Camping, he predicts the end of the world and doesn't afraid of anything.

campings pretty good yeah, but the mornings always suck because sunlight makes tents so hot and I always get a killer hangover.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
campings cool, unless you mean the real kinda. Where you go to the wilderness for a few days and relax and take in nature. When i go with my friends we drive up at night, drink irresponsible amounts and smoke till me drop..... Then blissfully return the morning after for work with a host of injuries from partying in a forest
Camping by a beach is the best way to do it I reckon. Make sure you have a decent bbq and a decent stock of piss, every morning wake up and go for a swim. Great hangover cure.

I've had the best times camping with mates like that, family too.
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
Love camping. Went backpacking in new mexico for 14 days this summer. Was geeewd.

UG DOES forgive, then eventually forgets

Luigi>Mario

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Anyone who sucks my dick is special.
8 years in Boy Scouts = lots of camping. I love it so much. I wanna go with a bunch of my friends, but since none of us are 18, we're gonna have to wait.
FORZA CATANIA
I've been twice this year. We were supposed to go again last month but a few people had conflicts with work. I lost my iPod the first time we were out though, and that sucked. Many great drunken and sober shenanigans were had on both trips though, including an epic trek around the lake.
fear is the mindkiller

CANUCKS
Summited 2, 14,000 ft mountains in Colorado this year! Then spent 4 days trekking down, maxing out our groups bag limit on trout! Going back to the Gila Wilderness in New Mexico hopefully before the summer ends...or it burns up.

But yes, camping is fun. But much longer than a week at a time can get kinda old...
Quote by im not mental
going camping next week in lassen national forest, california. should be fun and junk.

Quote by beanerlove44
Summited 2, 14,000 ft mountains in Colorado this year! Then spent 4 days trekking down, maxing out our groups bag limit on trout! Going back to the Gila Wilderness in New Mexico hopefully before the summer ends...or it burns up.

But yes, camping is fun. But much longer than a week at a time can get kinda old...

That's my kind of camping!

I'm headed out tomorrow morning but I have a crazy bad sun burn right were the packs straps rest. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep from irritating my burn to bad?
ಠ_ಠ
Went camping once and decided to pitch the tent at the top of this waterfall that had this gorgeous wading pool at its bottom. Sound of running water all night worked better than those ocean noise machines you can buy to put you asleep, although I still have yet to get the smell of piss out of my sleeping bag.
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
Quote by blake1221
Until camping invents a better way to handle the morning than waking up with the sun ripping through your tent, covered in sweat and grime, and a massive hangover, I say fuck camping.

+1
Backpacking > Camping

The Sierra Nevada mountains are amazing for backpacking. So many different places to go (although they're gillnetting a bunch of the lakes to remove all the trout ).
^+1

I love nature and camping.

Just not with people who bring "entertainment" and force you to play stupid games with them, which sadly is everyone I have ever gone camping with. Fuck that I wanna look at the trees/water/animals/sky/anything but other people.
cat
If I'm with friends, then yeah it's good.

But if it's with family. NIGHTMARE.

Last edited by LostLegion at Aug 3, 2011,
Quote by WonderBagel
Love camping. Went backpacking in new mexico for 14 days this summer. Was geeewd.

I live in new mexico! what part of new mexico did you go to?

and on topic, camping rules! first time i met my wife's family many moons ago, we went camping. i drank tons of liquor, got drunk with my in-laws and had a killer time!
Quote by beanerlove44

I was born and raised in Silver City, New Mexico which is right by the Gila Wilderness. We used to go camping a lot in the Gila. Just make sure you bring plenty of sunscreen and prepare to sweat lol it gets hotter then hell. The fishing this time of year isn't all that great in the Gila though, unless you wanna catch catfish.
I love backpacking. Been up and around Mt. Rainier, Tiger Mountain, Chattahoochee National Forest.

My wife and I wear Salomon Quest's, I have a Mystery Ranch backpack, and everything else is day dependant

I take a Garmin Oregon 450 along with me usually, I love it.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Marshmelllow
no im in australia. there are no age restrictions for comps here. and the scene has been barely alive since 2006. but i was at a few nationals, also a bunch of qualifiers. also professional in Australia is a WHOLE other story to that of, say, everywhere else. like if you can win a mousemat here, thats a great achievement.

and the only reason i say professional is because i was in a team that was sponsored.

So you weren't a sponsored amateur?
you're a stone fox
Page 1 of 2