ive been playing guitar for about 2 years now and am looking for new songs to learn in drop d.
i already now how to play:
-thunderhorse by dethklok
-laid to rest by lamb of god
-unholy confessions by avenged sevenfold
-everlong by foo fighters
-the metal by tenacious d (i know only half the song is in drop d)

im looking for EPIC alternate picking and good hand exercises.

THANK YOU TO ANYONE WHO GIVES ME A GOOD SONG.
Any song from Trivium's Ascendancy Album. All in Drop D and has a variety of songs that work on different techniques
The Thing That Should Not Be by Metallica is in Drop D.
Not much alternate picking tho', atleast what I remember.
chop suey by system of a down? at least i think it is

edit: regarding the trivium comment, i suggest a gunshot to the head of trepedation from that cd. the solo is still one of my favorites to this day

double edit: them bones by alice in chains
Nerdo-sez-bo wrote:

Bon Jovi can just **** off really.

Life is one big question when your starin at the clock
And the answers always waiting at the liquor store, 40 oz to Freedom
Last edited by LynchMobster at Aug 2, 2011,
Declaration by Trivium.

Very intense song, trust me it's good hand exercise, implies an assload of different techniques. And it's epic as shit, 7 minutes long.
Quote by Hippedkille
The Thing That Should Not Be by Metallica is in Drop D.
Not much alternate picking tho', atleast what I remember.

Oh, and All Nightmare Long.
Not the most difficult songs to play, but fun nonetheless.
Quote by Tehaznman
thunderhorse isn't it drop d. it's in standard c.

this.

Walk-Pantera

Gunshot to the head by trepidation-Trivium
Quote by Våd Hamster
Fuck yes you are the best poster ever

do you wanna hear a little piano composition I have just made?, I promise it don't totally sucks, you can hear it on my profile, any feedback would be really appreciated -C4C
Quote by LynchMobster
chop suey by system of a down? at least i think it is

That's in drop C

Most Avenged Sevenfold songs are in Drop D
porcelain heart-opeth
again we rise-lamb of god
killing in the name-rage against the machine

yeeeeaaah
Last edited by Sanity Pretense at Aug 2, 2011,
Medication - Bison BC
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Freedom - Rage Against the Machine
Devil on My Shoulder - Billy Talent
Saint Veronika - Billy Talent (Especially the Breakdown)
Last edited by Kenjisan231 at Aug 2, 2011,
Almost every song by Avenged Sevenfold.
Gear
- Synyster Schecter Standard
- Peavey Vyper 15

I'm currently using Cubase 5 for any recording purposes.
A New Level - Pantera
I'll Cast A Shadow - Pantera

Strength of the World - Avenged Sevenfold (and pretty much the entire Nightmare album)

Revelations - Audioslave
Quote by robertito696
Medication - Bison BC

I was unaware that anyone else knew they existed.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by Tehaznman

**** you.its in drop c but i learned the drop d version so **** off.im sick of hearing stupid ass bitches that think they know everything about guitar.THERES A DROP D VERSION DUMBASS!!!!!!!1

TO ANYONE WHO THINKS THIS MESSAGE IS IMMATURE,ILLITERATE,FOOLISH,OR ANY OTHER STUPID ASS COMMENTS...

**** OFF.
Last edited by zeppelinstoner at Aug 3, 2011,
Quote by zeppelinstoner
**** you.its in drop c but i learned the drop d version so **** off.im sick of hearing stupid ass bitches that think they know everything about guitar.THERES A DROP D VERSION DUMBASS!!!!!!!1

What are you, 10?

And I think the most "epic" Drop D song would be Strength of the World by A7X, has a pretty good story through it, and begins with a pretty epic riff when the band comes in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0FioxbBI68
Quote by zeppelinstoner

This moronic post will make nobody want to help you.

I had loads of songs popping into my head as I scrolled down the page, and I was ready to share them with you, but I just forgot I have to go do something right now
Quote by zeppelinstoner

Wowza.

I'm not even going to bother with this........
how the **** do i sound like im 10.maybe if people like you werent stuck up wannabe guitarists i wouldnt get so pissed.do you know how many times some dumbass has told me dethklok doesnt play in drop d.if you knew as much as u act like you know you would know theres a drop d version of that song that sounds exactly like the standard c version.SO **** OFF!
Quote by SumFX
Wowza.

I'm not even going to bother with this........

good be the more mature one.thats what i tell people when they tell me dethklok doesnt play in drop d.theres a drop d version so go **** yourself.i dont need your input
Quote by institutions
This moronic post will make nobody want to help you.

I had loads of songs popping into my head as I scrolled down the page, and I was ready to share them with you, but I just forgot I have to go do something right now

OOOHHHH SHHIITTT.im so ****ing depressed i dont get to hear what you have to say about this thread.damn i think im going to cry.
sorry if i look like an ass in this post but im not going to let people make me look like a dumbass.my point is is that your obviously not knowledgeable if you think that the only way to play thunderhorse in in standard c.in every post ive ever posted there at least one dumbass has to tell me that dethklok doesnt play in drop d.well they are ****ing wrong.they play one song in drop d and theres a version of thunderhorse in drop d.if you think im wrong tell me and i will prove it to u and make you feel like an idiot.
Quote by zeppelinstoner
sorry if i look like an ass in this post but im not going to let people make me look like a dumbass.my point is is that your obviously not knowledgeable if you think that the only way to play thunderhorse in in standard c.in every post ive ever posted there at least one dumbass has to tell me that dethklok doesnt play in drop d.well they are ****ing wrong.they play one song in drop d and theres a version of thunderhorse in drop d.if you think im wrong tell me and i will prove it to u and make you feel like an idiot.

You see, the thing is, someone just said:

Quote by Tehaznman

And you just shit your panties and tell him to '**** off' call him a 'stupd ass bitch' that "thinks they know everything about guitar'

All he did was say it's in C Standard, who gives a ****?
You would be more respected if you just said "Well i know a version thats in Drop D, so i play it like that"

There was no need to insult him, insulting people just makes you look childish.

And thats why people are not helping you, not because what you posted was wrong or stupid but because it was a childish way to repond to someone.

Just be more polite next time, that way people will usually help you.
Quote by zeppelinstoner

You made it too difficult.
This thread is funny on so many levels. The dude politely told TS that "Thunderhorse" isn't in drop D, and he becomes irate. It's 4:30 AM and I'm laughing my ass off.
Quote by zeppelinstoner
how the **** do i sound like im 10.maybe if people like you werent stuck up wannabe guitarists i wouldnt get so pissed.do you know how many times some dumbass has told me dethklok doesnt play in drop d.if you knew as much as u act like you know you would know theres a drop d version of that song that sounds exactly like the standard c version.SO **** OFF!

You sound like you're 10 because big boys don't get this upset about nothing, you can't spell at all, and you're freaking out about this tiny thing more than I've seen anybody freak out before on this site, it's pretty funny to be honest...
I don't think I've ever seen someone get so angry for such a stupid reason and I've seen a lot of people get angry for stupid reasons
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182
*opens happytimeharrys head* *finds nothing*

what a ripoff

Member #18 of the "Claudio Sanchez is God" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!