Page 1 of 2
Dear, loveable Pit,

I happen to know someone who continually bashes the music I listen to. This guy also happens to be my little brother. It's the classic example of today's hate-fuelled music face-offs: he listens hiphop, rap and whatnot (I'm not against this, nor do I openly claim it to be crap). I tend to listen to Hot Water Music lately, which is generalised by Wikipedia as Punk Rock, but I actually think it goes way further with all jazzy influences and improvising. Anyhow, whenever he only hears the slightest bit of any music (he's not actually listening) he directly claims it to be junk. In a way, this hurts, for I'm quite a dedicated music lover and when I especially dig a band I don't want it to be ignorantly labelled crap without the slightest consideration. Of course, this insult coming from a short-sighted butcher, I shouldn't take it too high, but it's still very annoying. It did bring up a question though: do you guys ever face these ignorant, musically illiterate dumbheads? How do you usually handle these cases?

tldr;-version: How are you telling someone to shut the crap up about the kind of music you listen to?
He's not targeting the music you're listening to. He's trying to target you. Just think about it that way.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
yes, my brother

daily

it's cool though, he just hates everything i do that isn't reminiscent of what he does
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
im 12 and what is punk rock?
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
when i play my ipod at work, which is rare because i know everyone hates my music, i constantly remind THEM how horrible it is so they can't complain about it. Just say "doens't this song suck, dude?" and turn it up.
My sig? Nice.
Quote by BurningTurkey
when i play my ipod at work, which is rare because i know everyone hates my music, i constantly remind THEM how horrible it is so they can't complain about it. Just say "doens't this song suck, dude?" and turn it up.

my excuse if my gf is browsing my ipod for all the metal is that its my workout music, well, which it actually is

thats all i really use it for.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
or he's judging it by his values and it falls short.

replace the words "this sucks" or "this is shit" with "I don't like it" and get on with your life.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Xiaoxi
He's not targeting the music you're listening to. He's trying to target you. Just think about it that way.

As someone with a brother who listens to top 40/shitty electronica and I as a metalhead, I can without a doubt say with certainty:

THIS.
Gig Rig:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1
Crate BV120H
B-52 LS 4x12 cabinet
BBE Rackmount Sonic Max
Boss ME-50 Pedalboard
Digital Reference 2505 Wireless

I don't like BTBAM. Sue Me.

PLUR

My Solo Project
Quote by The Madcap
Go into his room while he sleeps

uh huuuuuuuh....

get on his bed

UH HUUUUHHHHHHH.....

and stomp the hell out of his head for a good 20 seconds.

I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
kick his ass, or just tell him he's an ignorant, mainstream-listening douchebag who wouldn't know what real music/talented musicians are if they hit him in the face.
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Quote by GidBass
It did bring up a question though: do you guys ever face these ignorant, musically illiterate dumbheads? How do you usually handle these cases?

Quote by GidBass

ignorant, musically illiterate dumbheads

Quote by GidBass
dumbheads

Quote by GidBass
shut the crap up

Ya know, punk rock is all about being yourself and not caring what others think, so... do that. Also, don't listen to that "dumb head" and maybe he'll "shut the crap up".

Hot Water Music kicks ass though.
Your brother is a Butcher? He slays the meat for your family to eat and live off of? What kind of self-centered, ungrateful brother are you!? If he doesn't like your music tough shit, he is feeding you so learn some respect asshole! .__.

Foserious: Ignore him.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
uh huuuuuuuh....

UH HUUUUHHHHHHH.....

I waited for the rape.

Well, I'll be. You finally made me chuckle at a post of yours.
Quote by The Madcap
Well, I'll be. You finally made me chuckle at a post of yours.

FINALLY!

jesus it only took me 5 years...

edit: wait, I've been here longer....4 years.
Boil the kettle and pour it on him while he listens to his music. Then ask him if he would prefer Hot Water Music or hot water and music.
Quote by JimmyBanks6
my excuse if my gf is browsing my ipod for all the metal is that its my workout music, well, which it actually is

thats all i really use it for.

I don't get why people always use excuses. If someone sees my music, and doesn't like, I just tell them that's what I like, and they can like what they want.

Though I like most music. So people can usually find something they have heard of while browsing my iPod

Edit: that wasn't really directed at you, JimmyBanks, just people in general
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Aug 2, 2011,
Quote by laid-to-waste
yes, my brother

daily

it's cool though, he just hates everything i do that isn't reminiscent of what he does

Yup, it's amazing.
Go on the computer and delete all of his songs and be like

"WAT NAO BICH!"
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

You're older than he is, and you're not the one that listens to rap.

Shouldn't it all make sense?
Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

Oh God somebody sig this!
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

Quote by WCPhils
I don't get why people always use excuses. If someone sees my music, and doesn't like, I just tell them that's what I like, and they can like what they want.

Though I like most music. So people can usually find something they have heard of while browsing my iPod

Edit: that wasn't really directed at you, JimmyBanks, just people in general

its all good.

tbh she wouldnt even care, me and her are completely different people, and thats why we work so well. Its just become a habit from the question "whats with all the metal?" dont really care for the question, its just annoying.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Control + A his entire music library.

Right click.

Change all songs, bands, and genres to "lulz"
Quote by WCPhils

:

+1

Most of my friends don't like the same kind of music I like. I try not to judge them.
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Steam/XBL Gamertag: Ostinattos

Why not Zoidberg?

Note: Every time someone posts <3 all I see is testicles with a party hat.
You're his big brother. He's going to hate everything you do. If you really want it to stop, he is your little brother. You could remind him who's the bitch around here.
Quote by blake1221

Right click.

Oh my god, do this.
Last edited by cornmancer at Aug 3, 2011,
Grow up TS, everyone is gonna hate what you think, it's a part of life, people are mean, and you can't let them get to you, because they are dumb, and everybody is dumb, we are all just dumb...except me.

Yer dumb. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOmasp9hr4Q&feature=related
Well, if you can't use your wit to shut him up, I guess you should just ignore him. It's not like his opinion matters.
Beat the crap out of him like yr in a moshpit. If yr a real punk, there's no other course of action.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by GidBass
Punk Rock, but I actually think it goes way further with all jazzy influences

Punk and jazz? I can see why someone would rip on that.
Quote by genghisgandhi
Rap is better than whatever shit you listen to.

Rap isn't even real music.

Quote by blake1221

Right click.

And this
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Aug 3, 2011,
Quote by genghisgandhi
HEY MAN **** U UR NAME IS SLIPKNOT YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT MUCIS.

I don't want to know anything about mucis.

Slipknot are teh best band evar and they have rhythm and melody and they don't steal music with samples (olololo)
Page 1 of 2