I am thinking about pulling the trigger on a Paul reed smith Mccarty korina. It has gold hardware and the coveted brazilian rosewood fingerboard. I am wondering if this guitar might have a little extra value as a collector guitar. I have read that there is only 70 that made it out with the brazilian fingerboard. I am getting the guitar at a very nice price. Does anyone know what these cost new? Anyway. It sounds and plays awesome but so do Tom Andersons and others. I just think this might be a rarer guitar because of the fingerboard. any opinions?
Quote by Igotsoul4u
I am thinking about pulling the trigger on a Paul reed smith Mccarty korina. It has gold hardware and the coveted brazilian rosewood fingerboard. I am wondering if this guitar might have a little extra value as a collector guitar. I have read that there is only 70 that made it out with the brazilian fingerboard. I am getting the guitar at a very nice price. Does anyone know what these cost new? Anyway. It sounds and plays awesome but so do Tom Andersons and others. I just think this might be a rarer guitar because of the fingerboard. any opinions?

i thought they made more than 70. i thought it was 200 but i could be wrong.

there was one at my sam ash new for $2800 for a while. i almost pulled the trigger.

damn nice guitars really.

chicago music exchange has a 2007 for $2200.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Aug 2, 2011,
from what I read, the first 500 were supposed to be brazilian boards but Gibson blew the whistle on them and only 70 made it out. I haven't been able to confirm this. PRS sort of glossed over that part of my question.
i've found PRS really doesn't keep the kind of records you would expect. i had a question about something i thought would be pretty common and jim came back with, "we have no way of knowing". was was like wah?

i do know where there is a 1/20 curly cedar top PRS with 245s in it. (which are a lot nicer than the mccarty pups imo). it's actually #1 of the 20 made exclusively for one retailer.

PM me if you want that info. it's under $3k, still new at a local store by me that will ship.
that guitar sounds lovely, but I'm getting this one for $1800 I actually picked it up today. I'm not worthy.
cool congrats. post some pics if you can.
Nice, love me some PRS! pics?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Sweet pickup. You know what this makes me gas for... It rhymes with brosewood sneck.
Quote by Justice4AllOne
fretz is absolutely right.
Quote by fretz86
Sweet pickup. You know what this makes me gas for... It rhymes with brosewood sneck.

Frazilian or Frindian?
i think he's confusing his sneck with his sweatboard...