Not really technical, just metalcore.
My songs are all located here .
Feel free to drop by and crit a song.
Leave a link and I'll return a crit

Colossus
Don't get why you labeled one part "breakdown!", since 80% of the song are breakdowns Maybe it's a breakdown that breaks down the breakdowns?
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Um... where is this song you speak of? I have come all this way and I have found nothing. I'm going home .
Quote by RhyseOrtiz
Banned because.. that was brilliant, champayne

Some of My Recent Songs

[thread="1403441"]Synthetic Damage WIP[/thread]

[thread="1350364"]The Nightman Awakens[/thread]

[thread="1322579"]Into the Sunset WIP[/thread]

[thread="1296556"]Frost[/thread]
[thread="1247340"]The Butter Knife Massacre[/thread]
[thread="1253933"]Into The Sparta Pit[/thread]

[thread="1224038"]Untitled Tech Thing[/thread]
Quote by champayne
Um... where is this song you speak of? I have come all this way and I have found nothing. I'm going home .

Ahah, he removed it. Nice move, you got one complaint by me and you remove your song? Come on dude, that's lame.
EDIT: Just because I hate shit like this and I'm a ****. Here it is his song, directly from my Temp folder. Crit away
Attachments:
The wislers.gp5
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Last edited by Ometh at Aug 3, 2011,
from what i remember, this song was mainly just breakdowns with some fills on the higher strings with slight time sig changes. good song, brother.
Last edited by amonamarthmetal at Aug 3, 2011,
I didnt meant it, i change the file but my connection just **** off. I upload again the new file, and dont worry, i read it and i wasnt complaint about it, its just criticizes; BTW, sorry anyway.

Thanks for all who say something, it's from my band, with this song we was trying to make it a lil technicish, with riff like abr and some shit like this..

See ya, take care!
" Living the world as the music makes me feel "
Hahaha, nd' about the breakdowns, yes is something like the breakdown that down the breakdowns, the mosh time, is that.
" Living the world as the music makes me feel "
Quote by CarlosAlejandro
Hahaha, nd' about the breakdowns, yes is something like the breakdown that down the breakdowns, the mosh time, is that.

So tempted to post the pear...
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I think a lot of it has potential, but I feel like for most of it you push in the tech shit just for the sake of being technical. For example, in bar 8, you have 2 different guitars, playing 2 odd rhythms. I mean, it might just be me, but that is forcing technicality, while being tasteless. Plus some of your harmonies aren't even harmonies, so I'd work on fixing them.

I do actually like a few parts, the chorus was decent, generic, but at least you didn't try to make the chorus as technical as the rest, since you could probably get a decent vocal hook in there. I like the pedal riff during the second verse, kudos on making that a tad interesting for me.

Overall, this can use a shitload of fine tuning, taking out some of the unnecessary "technical bits" and adding drums and bass, but it can sound decent with the right tweaks.

EDIT: It'd be awesome if you could give my deathcore song a crit back

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1455170
Poop.

Yes, poop.
Last edited by MattAnderson111 at Aug 6, 2011,
I agree with MattAnderson111, the technicality feels forced, which is something I hate more than prune juice, but other than that, it's not bad. What I didn't understand were the weird harmonizations, but I guess that's just part of the "technical" aspect you were going for. Really, it's not bad, it's just been done too many times before.
Quote by RhyseOrtiz
Banned because.. that was brilliant, champayne

Some of My Recent Songs

[thread="1403441"]Synthetic Damage WIP[/thread]

[thread="1350364"]The Nightman Awakens[/thread]

[thread="1322579"]Into the Sunset WIP[/thread]

[thread="1296556"]Frost[/thread]
[thread="1247340"]The Butter Knife Massacre[/thread]
[thread="1253933"]Into The Sparta Pit[/thread]

[thread="1224038"]Untitled Tech Thing[/thread]