Im going to mayhem in dallas in a few days, ive got lawn tickets, for people who have been this year should i bring a backpack? is there any air conditioned places? should i bring extra cash? and the band that arnt on the side stage but not headlining either, where will they be playing?
it all really depends on the venue. i went on the 2nd day of the tour at Shoreline in Mountain View CA and they checked bags and made people remove the tops of water bottles and sodas.

also, check out the pictures i took of some of the bands there, being 10 feet from Megadeth was AMAZING. www.crassmedia.org

*megadeth,disturbed,and godsmack pics coming up soon...ish
Dick+strings= owww
I've been to Mayhem twice.

Don't take anything you don't need. Security are dicks, and will throw your shit away. I don't take anything with me, but I've seen it happen so many times. Things you wouldn't expect. They confiscated my GF's chapstick.

You can't bring anything with a cap on it, so you're pretty much forced to buy their stuff, which is expensive as hell.

Depends on the venue, but where I've been, no A/C whatsoever.

Don't bring anything you don't want to lose or don't want broken.

The non main stage bands are on two smaller stages off to the side. Where exactly that is depends on the venue.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
I've been to Mayhem twice.

Don't take anything you don't need. Security are dicks, and will throw your shit away. I don't take anything with me, but I've seen it happen so many times. Things you wouldn't expect. They confiscated my GF's chapstick.

You can't bring anything with a cap on it, so you're pretty much forced to buy their stuff, which is expensive as hell.

Depends on the venue, but where I've been, no A/C whatsoever.

Don't bring anything you don't want to lose or don't want broken.

The non main stage bands are on two smaller stages off to the side. Where exactly that is depends on the venue.

you rock dude, just one question, machine head is under the headliners but not side stage either, would it be possible to get close? or are they on the main stage like the headliners
I have no idea - Mayhem has a rotation system, where every X number of weeks, one band will be on a main stage, and then will rotate off with a group of other bands.

I went to the very first show, and so our schedule was already all ****ed up anyway. Dethklok played after Disturbed and we got no Megadeth at all. Machine Head was on the main stage for us, so I assume that by now they'll be on the side stage. Which means that if you camp out long enough, you could be right in front. Most likely you'll have to fit your way through the pit though.

Just a word of warning: for the side stages, the entire area is the pit. This year is really tame though, so it shouldn't be that bad.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
I have no idea - Mayhem has a rotation system, where every X number of weeks, one band will be on a main stage, and then will rotate off with a group of other bands.

I went to the very first show, and so our schedule was already all ****ed up anyway. Dethklok played after Disturbed and we got no Megadeth at all. Machine Head was on the main stage for us, so I assume that by now they'll be on the side stage. Which means that if you camp out long enough, you could be right in front. Most likely you'll have to fit your way through the pit though.

Just a word of warning: for the side stages, the entire area is the pit. This year is really tame though, so it shouldn't be that bad.

tame pit? damn that sucks, how much did tthe shirts run??
I think they were like $40. Idk, I got a bootleg shirt like I always do from a guy outside for $10.

And yeah, this year is really tame. I mean, the headliners are Godsmack and Disturbed. I really don't even consider them metal - they're more hard rock than anything.

The first year I went consisted of Marilyn Manson, All That Remains, Slayer, Killswitch Engage, Trivium, Behemoth and a handful of metalcore/ deathcore bands. This year is just pathetic in comparison.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
I think they were like $40. Idk, I got a bootleg shirt like I always do from a guy outside for $10.

And yeah, this year is really tame. I mean, the headliners are Godsmack and Disturbed. I really don't even consider them metal - they're more hard rock than anything.

The first year I went consisted of Marilyn Manson, All That Remains, Slayer, Killswitch Engage, Trivium, Behemoth and a handful of metalcore/ deathcore bands. This year is just pathetic in comparison.

yeah i dont even know if im gonna stay for disturbed, but machine head, trivium, and megadeth are worth it
Dude, Trivium put on such a sick show. I've seen them 3 times now. Definitely one of the best "new" metal bands around. Machine Head is also pretty cool, though I don't like their music all that much.

Just checked and Trivium is on the main stage for you, Machine Head headlining the Revolver stage.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Dude, Trivium put on such a sick show. I've seen them 3 times now. Definitely one of the best "new" metal bands around. Machine Head is also pretty cool, though I don't like their music all that much.

Just checked and Trivium is on the main stage for you, Machine Head headlining the Revolver stage.

yeah trivium does put on a great show, i saw them with slipknot, this should be crazy, besides the heat