I thought about some Metallica song with great fingerpicking, easy and sounds amazing, like: One, Sanatarium, Fade to Black, Master of Puppets, Battery, Fight fire with fire, All nightmare long, Nothing else matters, etc...

And then I want to ask the UGs, maybe it's something to learn u know

How do YOU make fantastic, easy fingerpickings?
My speciality is to make heavy riffs, but I also want to learn some more about fingerpicking (composing them).

All suggestions and theories are welcome.

Thanx
Chords. Just don't play all the notes at once.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Chords. Just don't play all the notes at once.

Yes, right
Only one of those songs has finger picking. That being "Nothing Else Matters".
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by GibsonMan321

Isn't the intro in Fight Fire With Fire fingerpicked?
E:-6
B:-0
G:-5
D:-6
A:-0
E:-3
Well, lack of fingerpicking in the songs aside- all those riffs were probably made like this- pick three strings (don't have to be next to eachother), select root and desired feeling- aaaaaaand go.

One--three strings, Fade to Black-- three strings, Master of Puppets- power chords and string skipping, Battery-- power chords and variations on power chords, All nightmare long-- four strings then power chord riff with, Nothing else matters-- EGBE strings dominate, The Day That Never Comes--three strings, then octaves, Suicide and Redemption-- power chord based riffs, Unforgiven lll-- power chord based riffs

Pretty much every Met song ever-- power chords and either endless open alt picking or three string melodies.
Megadeth- chromatics runs and powers with LOTS of alt picking
Slayer- yaaa.... alt picking and chromatic riffs apparently found at random
Iron Maiden- melodic arpeggios and legatos, string skipping abounds (number of the beast ftw)
Pantera- not sure, I've only learned cemetery gates by them, so I can't say much, lots of chromatic though

Hope these generalizations help :P
Theory wise Maiden tends to be the most complex when it comes to their riffs, imo. Megadeth and Met are more headbangy/thrashy, whereas Maiden is more sychopation and melody.
What do you guys listen to when playing video games?
Quote by DemonicSamurai

Quote by T3hdude

Men fapping.

Sorry, didn't realize I was that loud.

I'll be leaving your closet now.
Quote by GibsonMan321

No? :P
Quote by Metal-pro
No? :P

You COULD fingerstyle That Was Just Your Life.... but.... no, no you wouldn't. Master of Puppets sounds pretty sweet fingerpicked though.
Quote by DemonicSamurai

Quote by T3hdude

Men fapping.

Quote by iancmtaylor
Well, lack of fingerpicking in the songs aside- all those riffs were probably made like this- pick three strings (don't have to be next to eachother), select root and desired feeling- aaaaaaand go.

One--three strings, Fade to Black-- three strings, Master of Puppets- power chords and string skipping, Battery-- power chords and variations on power chords, All nightmare long-- four strings then power chord riff with, Nothing else matters-- EGBE strings dominate, The Day That Never Comes--three strings, then octaves, Suicide and Redemption-- power chord based riffs, Unforgiven lll-- power chord based riffs

Pretty much every Met song ever-- power chords and either endless open alt picking or three string melodies.
Megadeth- chromatics runs and powers with LOTS of alt picking
Slayer- yaaa.... alt picking and chromatic riffs apparently found at random
Iron Maiden- melodic arpeggios and legatos, string skipping abounds (number of the beast ftw)
Pantera- not sure, I've only learned cemetery gates by them, so I can't say much, lots of chromatic though

Hope these generalizations help :P
Theory wise Maiden tends to be the most complex when it comes to their riffs, imo. Megadeth and Met are more headbangy/thrashy, whereas Maiden is more sychopation and melody.

Thanx!
Really helpful!
I'm sorry UGs :s
Did a mistake... My english isn't perfect :P
I don't think "fingerpicking is the right word, but if you know the Metallica songs i mentioned you will understand what I mean...
Somebody understands me already I see.
No problem dude, glad I could help out
Quote by DemonicSamurai

Quote by T3hdude

Men fapping.