I've just changed to a new set of strings and the E string sounds pretty dull. The other strings sound fine but the E string sounds pretty much the same as it was before I changed them. Is this a problem with the string or do I need to adjust the action or something? The strings I'm using are Rotosound roundwounds.

Also with the E string I hear a rattling down at the bridge. Does anyone know what the cause could be?

Thanks
sometimes strings take a while to sound properly, certainly that's the case with ernie bal slinkies. it is possible you just got a bad string.
Just message rotosound customer service and they should reply pretty soon and send you some new strings, they did it for me
Quote by SamWhiteBASS
Just message rotosound customer service and they should reply pretty soon and send you some new strings, they did it for me

Do this but while you're waiting play it a little more and the string should stretch and then be able to hold it's tune and sound better. Does it sounds kind of a slap when you play it?
Quote by SamWhiteBASS

Thanks I've just emailed them

Quote by PRS417
Do this but while you're waiting play it a little more and the string should stretch and then be able to hold it's tune and sound better. Does it sounds kind of a slap when you play it?

I've been playing it a while and it's holding in tune, but the sound of the string hasn't changed. I'm not sure what you mean when you say sound like a slap. It just sounds dull, like a normal string would after a few months.
I just meant the string could be loose so it sounds like a slap. Slapping the bass? Lol yeah hard to explain, hopefully you get what I mean which you should...?
Yeah I get what you mean now but the string doesn't slap the bass or make that kind of noise