Poll: Normal vs Extra Jumbo frets
Poll Options
View poll results: Normal vs Extra Jumbo frets
Normal frets
7 23%
Extra Jumbo frets
24 77%
Voters: 31.
The difference between both is usually fret height. That said, I'd rather have thin extra jumbo's than everything else.

Except for rope
I play both without noticing the difference unless I specifically think about it.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
What one company calls extra jumbo another calls regular. Vintage frets on a Gibson are very different to vintage frets on a Fender and Ibanez thinks normal frets are twice the size of Fender's. So it depends on the company. Usually I like what Fender and Gibson both call 'medium jumbo'. A little bit wider and taller than vintage frets but low enough that you can still feel the fretboard under your fingers without pushing the strings sharp.
Jumbo are almost always better.
You don't get caught up on friction from your fingers touching the fretboard as much, and they have a lot longer life.
I've got an Ibanez that's 18 years old and the frets on it are still as fat as watermelons.
Cusp of Magic
I like to switch up between them both. (Not on the same guitar, that's just too much work)