Which would make a better practice amp? I play anything from Allman Brothers to Coheed and Cambria to Burzum (I know, odd combination).
Defantly the Roland cube. It's way better than the spider. You can also look at the peavy vypry, the Vox vt amps, and the fender mustang. What's your budget for an amp? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1387138
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Last edited by kutless999 at Aug 3, 2011,
My budget: under a $100.
I don't mind used
I will be using it for home practice
I have a squire champ 15 right now.

Sorry about not checking the rules.
I have the 15x and it has a great metal and clean tone. You can find the 20x used for under $100 if you look hard enough. The 20x is better because of the built in effects, a tuner, and more lead channel tones.
Cube 20w without a doubt, I can speak from personal experience lol

EDIT: If you're in the Toronto-area, I'm actually looking to sell mine if you're interested lol
Gear:
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey 6505+ Combo (60w)
Roland Cube 20w
Ibanez TS-9
Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-5
Quote by MayoFTW
Cube 20w without a doubt, I can speak from personal experience lol

EDIT: If you're in the Toronto-area, I'm actually looking to sell mine if you're interested lol

I would but I live in Illinois , sorry.

Thanks, I guess I'll try to find a cube then.
The best thing to do would be to try those amps out somewhere if you can.
I have a Cube 15 and its pretty sweet, not many effects but i'm pretty sure the 20 has more. It definitely sounds better than the Spider IMO Or you could go for a Vox vt
Forget the Roland Cube. It's one of the most awfull sounding amps there is. Buy a cheap Vox amp! I sold my Roland Cube and bought a Vox pathfinder. Amazing what a nice sound this little amp has got, buy a 15R or better. Although I also have spider III 120W I wouldn't recommend the small ones soundwise.