Page 1 of 2
I've been getting through a lot of my albums recently while i've been playing Left 4 Dead and Dungeon Keeper (old i know but meh, i love them). They seem like those games you can just turn the in-game sounds off and listen to music to whereas games like Half-Life are quite dialogue dependant.

So what other games are good for listening to music too while playing? Preferably First-Person Shooters.
The first quake is great to play when you are playing Deicide in your stereo.
Gear:
MXR Super Badass -->
BOSS SD WAZA -->
FENDER CD 140 SCE -->
MXR M300 REVERB -->
TC ELECTRONIC FLASHBACK
ESP EC 401 VF TSB -->
BOSS KATANA HEAD 100 WATT -->
MILF Tease
i usually play CoD4 while muting it and playing music.

also, wipeout HD is awesome to play with music.
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
I would say Call of Duty:MW but I use the sound dynamics of the game such as footsteps, etc, etc
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

- Berthold Auerbach

Quote by jbridge90
Wow, being surrounded by all of these humourless, pussy-whipped virgins is starting to make me sick.

Check out my band!
Yeah, i've been meaning to try the COD games.

My favourite combination at the moment is Left 4 Dead and Scar Symmetry's Pitch Black Progress album. Or Pass Out of Existence by Chimaira.
Quote by Afroboy267
Yeah, i've been meaning to try the COD games.

My favourite combination at the moment is Left 4 Dead and Scar Symmetry's Pitch Black Progress album. Or Pass Out of Existence by Chimaira.

yeah, but:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaWfCTuVhH8
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
I owned the All Cup tour on Mirror Mode on Mario Kart Double Dash yesterday, while listening to the the Foo Fighters first album.
Quote by guitarxo
A lot of racing games are good with music.

This. NFS works well with music
I'm not a James Hetfield fan
My username is "hames jetfield" because "farty mriedman" sounds weird.

Quote by laid-to-waste
i have rabies from licking my pet rat's face

Jackson DK2M
Digitech RP255
Vox DA5
Casio CTK-6000
Playing Black Op's Zombie mode whilst listening to Rammstein is pretty good.
The time has come for all to see

The men behind the curtain cast at you disease

Yours Sincerely
Left 4 Dead with Dethklok= win
Quote by Ville Valo
Hurting Linde is like hurting Bambi. You just can't do it.

You should click on those, I think.

I like My Little Pony. Come at me, bro.
Call me a geek, but PvP'ing in WoW with some music pounding in your ears is awesome. It just happens that I tend to listen to Parkway Drive, Fleetwood Mac and various Jazz stuff.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Angry birds is quite badass while listening to black metal.

But it's a third person shooter, so idk.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by stef123
Burnout Paradise.

This!this!this!this!this!this!this!

I love that game
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Metroid Prime
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I always put on music when I play Minecraft, Terraria, Grand Theft Auto, and CoD: Black Ops
(I don't like COD much. I play offline splitscreen with my brother against bots.)

Pretty much any multiplayer FPS game.
As mentioned, racing games also work here.
Quote by Minkaro
Football Manager.

Because it has no sound <_<

Well, it does, but the sound is rubbish.

And football is rubbish. And football games are rubbish (I did quite like Fifa Street though).
Halor reach's campaign at Legendary while listening to The Absence is awesome.

This and Brutal Legend , wich comes with it's own epic soundtrack.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Killing Floor works really well if you get a nice fast-paced playlist.

Plus, it's really cheap and a ton of people still play it.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Devil May Cry 3 and 4 are awesome with some Alice In Chains blaring in the background.
Quote by guitaro69
thanks Mighty Thor!!!!

Your throne awaits!

Put this in your sig if The Rake scared the living **** out of you.
Mortal Kombat, Soul Calibur, Marvel vs Capcom, etc

Also, I love loading up a custom playlist in NHL 11 to play in the arena. It's nice when you score a goal and a song you like actually plays
fear is the mindkiller

CANUCKS
I always played CoD: MW (1 or 2) along with music. Just kept the volume of a the music and the game sounds at a good balance so that I could still pay attention to the sound dynamics while enjoying my tunes B)

I also tend to play music with Left 4 Dead.

And I could see Mortal Kombat working well with music. Some of the characters make annoying repetitive noises anyway.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Quote by ninnipinni93
Just Cause 2 or the GTA'S.

I listened to Protest the Hero the entire I played Just Cause 2 for some reason
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
i could never play Left 4 Dead w/ music, it's even scarier. it's like playing through a zombie apocalypse as a deaf person. can't hear anything sneaking up on you...

that being said, Beat Hazard is a pretty cool game. only problem is my music isn't streaming properly from my computer to my Xbox, so my one Dead Kennedys album plays another album instead, and my ****ing current favorite album makes the game freeze.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Any game that doesn't require you to have your sound on to be able to be effective and Pac-man.

All games other than these games are great.

Edit:

Tetris. Seriously. I once listened to a song 50+ times playing Tetris.
You could try COD games, but I rely on sound a lot when playing those but know a lot of people that have music on while playing that.

Also, racing games, sports games, rock band
[]
Sports games with Protest the Hero.

Actually, any video game with Protest the Hero. Actually, I'm just gonna listen to them and not play video games.
Page 1 of 2