I need help moving from power chords to power chords without moving the fingers just changing frets. Each time i do my fingers don't stay in position and they get all tangled together.

That is my biggest issue at the moment. I am praticing to the intro of Iron Man from Black sabbath.
Don't move your fingers, move your entire hand. basically just slide your hand up or down the neck.
think about how much you are lifting your fingers away from the strings as well, may be that you don't need to lift off as much as you are currently
^^ True, and also make sure you aren't pressing too hard, What I did was I would start at the very bottom (E5) and then I'd strum it 4 quarter notes, then I'd go up a half step (F5) and i'd continue this all the way up, and then I'd go down in intervals of 2, then I'd go up in 3, down in 4, etc. Try that, and also make sure that your fingers stay on the strings, no lifting
Its mostly practice that will help. What i do, i dont know if its correct, is lift my index off completly while lifting my pinky and ring fingers just enough to deaden the strings and then slide to the next fret. Alows me to get the ring and pinky right. The index for me falls in to place after that
I've been told to place the index first and the other fingers should follow but when i slide along the other fingers move and don't stay at the same position.
Like I said, move your hand more than your fingers. your fingers won't change position if they don't move.
that's what i try but my fingers move still. maybe a video would help me
Well the frets get closer together and your fingers will drag a bit as they go up so it's all just getting used to it and looking with your eyes, they say the most important part of your guitar is your ears, if that's true than I would say the second is your eyes
Try releasing pressure from your fingers slightly as you slide the chord down the strings, if reduces friction and you need to apply less pressure.
try playing slowly and in time first. playing fast and haphazardly only results in you playing fast and haphazardly while playing slowly and in time develops your muscle memory to play perfectly in time. it makes it much easier to play faster as well.
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
Hey bast1981,

My suggestion to you is to focus on isolating that specific chord change. Don't worry about playing the rest of the song just yet...

Practice this chord change in stages:

1. Rest your fingers on the first chord, without pressing down on the strings. Without strumming or anything, focus on very slowly moving your hand away from the strings (maybe 2 centimeters) and shifting down to the next chord. Practice this transition back and forth, never pressing very hard on the strings at all! Gradually increase the speed until you've gotten to the desired amount... (make sure your fingers are landing at THE SAME TIME!!! not one after the other.)

2. Now, once you can do that well, practice lightly strumming each time you change chords, but still without applying any pressure on the strings more than how much you would a feather or a breast.

3. Then start pressing down harder on the strings, and you can strum along if you feel comfortable. You will start to see significant improvement here. All you need to do is increase the speed to the desired amount..

That should solve your problem. You can do that with ANY chord transition at any time. The most important thing is this: Do NOT start playing the song from the beginning again if you mess up. Find the spot where you've made a mistake, and practice that piece in isolation. Then slowly add a few notes before and after that point, and gradually "knead" your way to playing the whole song again.

It's like spreading pizza dough. You don't keep spreading the stuff you've already spread. You just work with the pieces that are clumping and aren't complete!
One thing to bear in mind also is if your a beginner, your fingers aren't too strong yet and you'll develop strength and a little bit of stiffness to your fingers which will also help you move a shape without losing your fingerings.

When you have a little more strength you'll find moving about the fretboard very easy. Other than that as people have mentioned try releasing the grip a little and moving your whole hand up and down the fretboard.
Calluses are a big part in this picture. The less calluses you have, the harder it is to fret a note, because the squishy part of your fingers is compressing way too much..

it's like trying to press on a thick rope with a water balloon.. yes, you can do it, but it's sure easier to smash it with a brick!