Hi all

Ive been wanting to buy a Gibson les paul for a while now but ive stubbled across a 1991 Orville alpine white custom les paul for sale. It looks pretty sweet and I know about the history of Orville. Ive just wanted to know your opinions on these guitars and if I should take it over a Gibson guitar? I could only afford a used Les paul standard but it would reeeally stretch my budget. A used Les Paul studio would be the perfect budget for me but this Orville really looks sweet.

Thanks!
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Go for the Orville. The Japanese Orville is probably better quality than the American Studio.
Quote by Lord_Doku
The entire Spider line sounds like a trashcan getting humped by a fire truck while it's in the garbage disposal unit.

Quote by Kelly55
anal is quite the experience
Quote by 3456yh
Go for the Orville. The Japanese Orville is probably better quality than the American Studio.

I would have to agree
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Pac_man0123
Go play it. If it feels great, buy it. If it doesn't quite feel right, don't buy it.

Unfortunately, its too far for me to try it out.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Gibson for show, Orville for pro.

Yes, I did just change the name of a song
It seemed fitting.
Quote by AmericanParadox
Unfortunately, its too far for me to try it out.

would you be able to return it if you don't like it? is it in a shop or a chancy purchase used locally near you?

buying any guitar without trying it is a risk obviously.

the orvilles i've played are mostly very nice guitars, but every brand/mfg can have a lemon make it to the public. (and those lemons are likely sold off more often). but that doesn't really mean this one is by any means.

i'd say if you have a return option, it's likely a safer bet to get it as if there is an issue you are ok and can get your money back.

if you can't return it if you don't like it or play it first, understand you are basically taking a risk. whether or not that risk is worth it to you i can't say.

good luck though either way.

i would also say that a lot of the MIJ 80's stuff is pretty damn good, easily of better craftsmanship of some of the MIA stuff hanging in guitar shops today. regardless of the name on the headstock.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.