Page 1 of 4
I'm sure there's a thread for this already, but I'm too excited to give a fuck.
I'm going to my first show tonight with my dad, it's Animals as Leaders, Dead Letter Circus, Intronaut, Last Chance to Reason, and Evan Brewer (Oh my God, check him out) So, tell me about your first show. Who were you with? Who was playing? Were they any good? Did you meet any of the band? Etc.

EDIT: Evan Brewer - Actualize
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJQBEqjA7iI&feature=relmfu
you're a stone fox
I'm so jealous. That tour didn't come around here. BUT.

The Saints and Sinners tour is.

BTBAM, Animals as Leaders, TesseracT, and at my show.. Dillinger Escape Plan.

My first show was Disturbed, Stone Sour, Flyleaf, and Nonpoint. It was amazing. Disturbed is pretty much my favorite band of all time, and I love the rest.
Very nice! Wish I was seeing that. Mine was The Chariot I think, and there were a ton of other bands that day. I remember The Crimson Armada, PM Today and Ivoryline being there too.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by TheAbsentOne

My first show was Disturbed, Stone Sour, Flyleaf, and Nonpoint. It was amazing. Disturbed is pretty much my favorite band of all time, and I love the rest.

I'm gonna see if the S&S tour is coming near me.
you're a stone fox
Lamb of God was mine like 5 years ago. We got there just in time to see Trivium's last set but we missed Machine Head.

I went with my friend Ben.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I went to see Rush on their Snakes and Arrows tour in 2007 with my dad and my brother, unfortunately didn't listen to much Rush at all except for 2112 on the drive there, didn't enjoy it quite as much as I should have. Luckily he took us again this year for their Time Machine Tour, it was ****ing incredible
[Insert something clever here]
My first show was Sleater-Kinney and Pearl Jam, it was dece until Bono came on stage for the encore and played Keep on Rocking in the Free World
Drop another coin in the slot, and I will tell you more...
Sophomore year I saw Chiodos, Pierce the Veil, Alesana, and The Devil Wears Prada. They all put on a hell of a show, though I don't listen to those bands anymore (save for PTV).

Went with my friends. It was a blasty blast.

Oh, and I'm definitely seeing Animals As Leaders tomorrow night. Couldn't care for the other bands though.
My first show was a Rush concert that me and my friends got tickets to when I was like 16 and we weren't really into them, and we were seated at the back, but for what it was it was alright.

I think Incubus is what I consider my first real concert (something I planned on going, unlike Rush where I wasn't too pumped but the tickets just fell in my lap), and it was pretty good. Also, I got my favorite shirt ever out of it.

It's kinda a hipster thing to say, but you'll probably come to find that the smaller the venue, the better the possibility of it being a good show is. You lose a lot of closeness to the band in arena shows. But that sounds like a pretty damn good show to see for your first concert, good luck man. Oh, and be prepared for loudness.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Mine was Foo Fighters. Von Hertzen Brothers (finnish prog rock band), Michael Monroe (finnish rock legend) and Biffy Clyro were warming up for them. All of the bands were awesome!
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
I love how his last name is Hunt
It's like he was destined to be a shady sexual creep
Last edited by Mossis at Aug 3, 2011,
Quote by TheAbsentOne

The closest date for me is 2 hours away

And mine was Godsmack and Five Finger Death Punch olololol
Quote by Weaponized

And mine was Godsmack and Five Finger Death Punch olololol

That sucks, man. This a tour that shouldn't be missed

Godsmack puts on one of the best shows I've ever seen. and I love FFDP.

Quote by blake1221
Sophomore year I saw Chiodos, Pierce the Veil, Alesana, and The Devil Wears Prada. They all put on a hell of a show, though I don't listen to those bands anymore (save for PTV).

Oh, and I'm definitely seeing Animals As Leaders tomorrow night. Couldn't care for the other bands though.

You might enjoy Evan Brewer. He's an incredible musician. Dead Letter Circus is also pretty enjoyable.
Quote by blake1221

I enjoy Evan Brewer and Intronaut, but that's it, Dead Letter Circus and LCTR are just okay.
you're a stone fox
Quote by Weaponized

You wouldn't go 2 hours to see a show? I've gone to a 4 hour away show and came back that night (and would probably drive further depending on who is playing). Dedication, man.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
It's not like I won't enjoy the show guys I'm just only interested in seeing AAL. I'll still see the other bands.
Linkin Park with 30 Seconds to Mars and Blindside.
It was LP's first gig in Sweden, so that was cool to part of. The setlist was good.
I was a hardcore LP fan at the time, i was also 14.
2 hours, mann, i've left the country to see Dream Theater, so epic...
Join the Guitar Religion
Quote by igordubai
2 hours, mann, i've left the country to see Dream Theater, so epic...

I need to see Dream Theater one day, so jealous
[Insert something clever here]
My first show was Anti-Flag at the Concorde 2 in Brighton, back when I was like 14. I remember I was terrified when the first moshpit started
Dead Letter Circus? You lucky bastard. Not only are they my favorite band, but they're quite possibly the best band ever.

Oh, and my first concert was way back - Stabbing Westward headlining with Econoline Crush and God Lives Underwater opening.

Best concert I've seen was Sevendust and Nonpoint at the 9:30 club in DC.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Last edited by strat0blaster at Aug 3, 2011,
My first concert was the Foo Fighters, like 4 years ago. Pretty intense.
my first concert was Gojira Lamb of God and Metallica i went with my cousin
i was in the 3rd row and kirk pointed at me
it was so awesome
{[WD Punk]}
my first gig was Avenged sevenfold, was wandering around manchester a few hours before the show, went into the local music store, and who's stood there, fecking synyster gates buying a replacement distortion because his broke at soundcheck

few years later i went to see the black crusade tour, was at college during the day which was in town center, on my dinner was walking up market street and i met angela gossow and Phil Demmel,

later that year i went to see megadeth on the coldest day of that year, me and my friend were stood there for about 3 hours, and Dave Mustaine came and offered us both a coffee.

my latest one was when Bullet played the MEN arena, walked back from uni and Matt Tuck is stood outside the back entrance and asked where the nearest starbucks is,

all i can say is i'm one lucky S.O.B, i meet people wandering about my hometown
i'm Ginger its fun
Quote by strat0blaster
Dead Letter Circus? You lucky bastard. Not only are they my favorite band, but they're quite possibly the best band ever.

Oh, and my first concert was way back - Stabbing Westward headlining with Econoline Crush and God Lives Underwater opening.

Best concert I've seen was Sevendust and Nonpoint at the 9:30 club in DC.

I've only heard one song and I just thought it was okay, maybe I'll check out more of their stuff
you're a stone fox
Quote by Sparky-MMA
my first gig was Avenged sevenfold, was wandering around manchester a few hours before the show, went into the local music store, and who's stood there, fecking synyster gates buying a replacement distortion because his broke at soundcheck

few years later i went to see the black crusade tour, was at college during the day which was in town center, on my dinner was walking up market street and i met angela gossow and Phil Demmel,

later that year i went to see megadeth on the coldest day of that year, me and my friend were stood there for about 3 hours, and Dave Mustaine came and offered us both a coffee.

my latest one was when Bullet played the MEN arena, walked back from uni and Matt Tuck is stood outside the back entrance and asked where the nearest starbucks is,

all i can say is i'm one lucky S.O.B, i meet people wandering about my hometown

Was it Dave's brand?
you're a stone fox
My first, show was a huge surprise, my sister surprised me with it for my birthday. It was Art of Dying, Skindred, All That Remains and Disturbed as headliner. I loved it even though I was in the farthest back seat possible.
My first show was at a Joan Jett benefit concert in San Francisco, when I was like 9 years old.
I'd say my first REAL show was Weezer, I went with a close friend at the time and thought it was epic. I remember at the end, they played a five-man drum solo (that's ten drum sticks on one kit,) which just blew my mind xD
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Life is indeed a broken image.

Last.fm
PSN: BlindNematode
I was 12 and went to see Guns n Roses supported by Sebastian Bach and Bullet For My Valentine with my dad and brother. Can't say I enjoyed Bullet much but the others were good!
Quote by Saint78
Was it Dave's brand?

not too sure, quite possibly, was more impressed with the fact that he was looking after us2 and the two other people who were there than the coffee he brought out haha
i'm Ginger its fun
Quote by Saint78
I've only heard one song and I just thought it was okay, maybe I'll check out more of their stuff

Check out "Next In Line," "This Is The Warning," "Cage," or "The Mile."

Amazing band.

I'd recommend Fair to Midland and Karnivool as well. Both awesome.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
Check out "Next In Line," "This Is The Warning," "Cage," or "The Mile."

Amazing band.

I'd recommend Fair to Midland and Karnivool as well. Both awesome.

The singer made playing live tough for himself, switching falsetto back and forth. Yeah, they're pretty cool, maybe I'll get to meet them tonight.
you're a stone fox
My first concert was A Day to Remember back in 2007. There were a bunch of small local acts that opened before them. All in all, an awesome show.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
For me it was Iron Maiden with Dream Theatre opening (last year in Montreal). Yep, amazing.
So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world.
~Jack Layton 1950-2011
Mine was actually a local show, we went on impulse because someone we knew was playing there. The band before his band went on was the hardcore/metalcore band, and it was pretty ****ing br00t4l. I don't usually listen to a lot of metalcore, but in a live setting breakdowns are pretty ****ing awesome.
Quote by devourke
I love you bro. I'd totally turn gay for you after that.

November 13th, 2011. Nodincap.

LoL: Kublai Dong

MC: StealthTurtle
Twitter
Last.fm
Iron Maiden on the Somewhere Back in Time Tour. Nearly perfect setlist. Unfortunately I couldn't afford to see them in Vancouver again last year, so hopefully they'll be around again.
fear is the mindkiller

CANUCKS
It was last november, I went with a friend of mine. We went to see Avenged Sevenfold (please get off the bandwagon and stop bashing them everywhere)

Since then I've seen (in order):

Megadeth
*Slayer
Alborosie (not the main act, I definately did NOT go to see this)
Laura Närhi (finnish singer)
*Kotiteollisuus (finnish)
*The Mama King (finnish)
Reckless Love (finnish)
My Grain (awesome finnish melodic death metal!)
*Rhino Bucket
*Jenni Vartiainen (finnish singer)
*Stam1na (awesome finnish metal band! very original!)
Apulanta (finnish)
*Foo Fighters
Poisonblack
Sonata Arctica
*Mastodon
*Stam1na (again! It was focking awesome!)
Hammerfall
*In flames
*Slipknot
*Iron Maiden

The ones market with '*' I was in the front row
To sum up, the best concerts I've seen (in the last year, and at the same time ever. In order):

1. SlipKnoT - OH MY GOD IT WAS ORGASMIC, JUMP THE FOCK UP!!!!!!!!!
2. Foo Fighters - Beautiful. Gotta love it ^^
3. Stam1na - This is one hell of a finnish band!
4. In Flames - these swedish dudes pulled one show!!
5. Avenged Sevenfold - I really enjoyed it! My first gig too!

Oops, I went a little bit off topic. Sorry!

-Jonathan
The White Stripes at Blackpool Empress Ballroom with a sprung dancefloor. Went with my cousin when we were about 13, it was amazing. Wish I could see them again!
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
My first was Lostprophets supported by Aiden and Taking Back Sunday.

NO REGRETS
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Page 1 of 4