-Guitar Research T30r Tube amp
Boss Overdrive/Distortion OS-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss BF-2 Flanger
SKB PS-8 8-Port 9VDC Powered Pedalboard
Ovation Applause AE-128
Manuel Rodriguez Caballero 11
Metal (newer): Tomas Haake, Derek Roddy, Mike Heller
Metal (older): Dave Lombardo, Pete Sandoval, Gene Hoglan (kind of crosses into newer as well, meh)

Jazz (older): Joe Morello, Elvin Jones, Tony Williams
Jazz (newer): Colaiuta, Gary Novak, Mark Guiliana

Funk: Dennis Chambers, Clyde Stubblefield, David Garibaldi

Rock: Bonham, Bill Ward, Tim Alexander

Prog: Bill Bruford, Gavin Harrison, Bobby Jarzombek and/or Jeff Eber

Others who fit into a variety of styles and are wonderful: Jeff Porcaro, Gary Chester, Benny Greb, Steve Smith

... imo, of course, and I did it by genre since it's impossible to just put 3 (and narrowing it down to 3 was hard as hell!) who are the "best"
Quote by amonamarthmetal
How did I know Neil Peart was going to be mentioned?

I'd say mike mangini and gene hoglan and buddy Rich

Neil Peart is like the Justin Bieber of drummers so of course he gets *****d everywhere. I am not bashing him though, we don't need that here.
Quote by theknuckster
John Bonham, John Bonham, and John Bonham (and I'm not even a massive Led Zep fan)

Other than Bonham...

1. Dave Grohl
2. Louie Bellson
3. Joe Morello
Quote by drummer420
Neil Peart is like the Justin Bieber of drummers so of course he gets *****d everywhere. I am not bashing him though, we don't need that here.

justin beiber is actually a good drummer. check out his movie. im not even bullshitting
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Travis Barker, Joey Jordison and James Hetfield....

Yeah i'm just trolling.

I don't really know, I think on attitude alone Gavin Harrison should be up there. On technical ability, high speed precision and feel, then i'm handing it over to the gospel drummers like Aaron Spears, Eric Moore, Thomas Pridgen, and although he's not a gospel drummer, Tony Royster Jr
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
Quote by Steve08
Jazz drummers

No Buddy Rich?

Oh and people seriously think Dave Grohl is the best drummer ever? I think he's like.... average at best /opinionatedrant

Anyway, I'd probably say...........

In no particular order: Buddy Rich, Keith Moon, Tim "Herb" Alexander

Hard to pick 3. If I could pick 5 I'd say those three plus Terry Bozzio and Vinnie Colaiuta.

or maybe Danny Heifetz. Damn, it's hard to even pick 5
Quote by doomtron
No Buddy Rich?

Oh and people seriously think Dave Grohl is the best drummer ever? I think he's like.... average at best /opinionatedrant

Anyway, I'd probably say...........

In no particular order: Buddy Rich, Keith Moon, Tim "Herb" Alexander

Hard to pick 3. If I could pick 5 I'd say those three plus Terry Bozzio and Vinnie Colaiuta.

or maybe Danny Heifetz. Damn, it's hard to even pick 5
Well, I mean, yeah, normally if it was top 5 and not 3 or something I would have put him up there, however I prefer the playing of those other 3 overall.

He's one of the few I would describe as having utterly perfect hands, though.
Quote by Steve08
Well, I mean, yeah, normally if it was top 5 and not 3 or something I would have put him up there, however I prefer the playing of those other 3 overall.

He's one of the few I would describe as having utterly perfect hands, though.

I was just giving you shit And yeah I've never seen anyone match Buddy's hand speed. He was amazingly technical, although there are definitely many drummers that play more musically then he did.
Quote by xtremelyaverage
The drummer for Def Leppard with only one arm. Yeah, definitely.

Aha yeah, Rick -something... His drum kit is cool! It's got foot pedals for drum sounds and stuff.
Define 'best'.

Technical ability?
Fitting with their band?
Best style?

What a horrible thread =/
RIP Tom Searle.
Overall, in my opinion, I'd have to say

Mike Portnoy
John Bonham
Chad Szeliga

Not necessarily in that order.
Days go on forever
But I have not left your side
We can chase the dark together
If you go then so will I
I feel like a lot of people are just posting the most famous drummers instead of the best...

Dave Weckl
Dennis Chambers
Vinnie Calaiuta

Quote by MH400
Define 'best'.

Technical ability?
Fitting with their band?
Best style?

What a horrible thread =/

Agree 100%
Last edited by dlguitarmaster7 at Aug 4, 2011,
The thread was "Who do YOU think are the top 3 drummers", he wasn't asking us to do research and judge all drummers and narrow it down to the absolute, offical top 3 most talented drummers...it was simply our opinions on who WE enjoy listening to, and who are the "best" in OUR minds, regardless of how "technical" or "how good their style is." To be honest, Ringo nearly makes my top 5...and it has nothing to do with "technical ability". It was a fun thread started with good intentions and curiosity to see who we all look up to
Best Drummers Today:

Tony Royster Jr.
Jojo Mayer
Aaron Spears

Best of the Past

Billy Cobham
Max Roach
Elvin Jones
My favorite drummers, the ones I consider the best are

Steve Gadd
Ronald Bruner Jr
Tre Cool
Gear:
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Fender Fat Strat (MIM)
Fender Classic Player's 60's Strat
Archer SS-90
Alvarez PD90S Acoustic
Quote by AmericanZero13
The thread was "Who do YOU think are the top 3 drummers", he wasn't asking us to do research and judge all drummers and narrow it down to the absolute, offical top 3 most talented drummers...it was simply our opinions on who WE enjoy listening to, and who are the "best" in OUR minds, regardless of how "technical" or "how good their style is." To be honest, Ringo nearly makes my top 5...and it has nothing to do with "technical ability". It was a fun thread started with good intentions and curiosity to see who we all look up to

Bullshit.

"Top 3 best drummers" has no specification.

'Looking up to' is the same as 'influenced by' and that is mentioned nowhere in the OP.

If you want to know people's favourite drummers, then use the search function - theres already a large thread on it.

On that basis, this thread is unspecific and stupid, therefore *reported*
RIP Tom Searle.