hi,i have some problems in my practicing time,in fact i'm a bit confused...,what do you guys do in your practice time?i've played troy stetina books petrucci rock discipline and some others and developed some good techniques,also played and recorded some songs in 3 years,but my problem is what to do from now,
in fact my problem is that i know how to organize my practice time(legato/alternate/sweep...)but i don't know what do i play in those times,

what i'm thinking is that i start a song grab all it's licks based on it;s type and practice them then start another ,this way a make a big library of the licks and practices,so how do i organize them?i've got some files and put some licks on them base on the types but it didn't work and it was a pain in the.. to organize them every day,then i started to just memorize them and it was hard too, so i still don't have a good way to organize my practiced based on their type or sorted by the song they're grabbed,
any suggestions?
Gears:
Ibanez RG2550Z GK
Marshall TSL 122 Combo
Digitech GNX4
Boss DS2
Roland MicroCube
It depends. Do you want to learn a song or practice a specific technique? I've never really done practice schedules. I find songs I want to learn and start learning them. If I find I need to practice a certain technique, I practice the passage I'm having trouble with so I learn to get used to that technique in a musical context. I've never really seen the point of technique specific exercises as more than a warmup, though.
Geldin got a good answer
Technique-specific excersizes should be done to warm up, then i like your idea of breaking a song into licks based on the technique they require and working on the licks. work on the licks in different keys and even forwards and backwards. get your fingers to love them. this will increase technique the same way as technique excersizes, plus it will be more fun and sound better, so long as you do it slowely and work your way up.
more questions:
1.how much do you practice a song before you go to another?i mean to what quality do you take ahead a song?to the record quality?or just to play it almost correct?i tested it on two songs and i had so much trouble recording them,i mean i 've found i have many problems playing clean and perfect

2.if i get a song and practice it everyday to completely take down and go to another song,i'm playing just 5-10 licks a day,how about getting many songs together and play all their licks every day and practice them simultaneously or in a bigger scale get the guitar every day and play as many licks as i can from every song i have it's tab and have 5-6 hours of playing licks(mechanical practice) and analyze them in theory(theory practice) then try to give them some variation in timings -shapes...(songwriting-creativity-improvisation practice)?is this practice schedule good?
Gears:
Ibanez RG2550Z GK
Marshall TSL 122 Combo
Digitech GNX4
Boss DS2
Roland MicroCube