Are there any songs that I should look up before I run the lights for these guys in Mr. Big? Crazy lighting effects that I should definitely use? I have old school vari lites, PAR cans, strobes, and fog at my disposal. I'd brag, but this thread is bragging enough

Woohoo! Billy Sheehan!
Defo strobes for "To Be With You". Or maybe not.
I dunno, I guess a light green for "Green Tinted Sixties Mind" seems obvious. And you should maybe do something cool for the drill part in "Daddy, Brother, Lover, Little Boy".
Make sure you know the songs inside and out, so you can light everybody at the right moment, like guitar solos and bass solos. I think that is the most important thing the lights should do.
Quote by Snowblind 911

maybe it's because of your description, or the fact that it's 1:30am here, or both, i can't stop giggling.

Sometimes girls say that too...
Quote by CheezMeUp
Make sure you know the songs inside and out, so you can light everybody at the right moment, like guitar solos and bass solos. I think that is the most important thing the lights should do.

This. Get hold of the set list and for gods sake LEARN IT. Worst thing a lighting tech can do is light the wrong person at the wrong time.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.