Page 1 of 2
So, I recently cam across this. In particular this part:

Lying on my death bed, I probably won’t remember anything from the tens of thousands of hours I spent watching TV and surfing the internet during my life.

And got me to think about I've been wasting my life away doing stupid trivial things that don't matter. It's made me a bit depressed and now I'm thinking I need a life style change. Something that when I'm on my deathbed I can look back and admire and remember what I did. Any thoughts, Pit?

And yes, ironically, I'm posting about this on an internet forum. Lol
C'est la vie.

Go change the world or something. Be a good person. Volunteer for things. Leave your house.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Time you enjoyed spending is not time wasted.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Once you die, all your thoughts you have inside your head will be forever lost. That's to say, if your mind is filled with anything worthwhile in the first place. A rather depressing thought I guess.

Quote by Kensai
Time you enjoyed spending is not time wasted.

sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Aug 3, 2011,
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Once you die, all your thoughts you have inside your head will be forever lost. That's to say, if your mind is filled with anything worthwhile in the first place. A rather depressing thought I guess.

hahahaha that picture just made my day
Pain cuts harder than joy. It's not about remembering the good things, it's about not having bad things to look back on and regret.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

Very depressing indeed. The best way to avoid it could be to leave behind some kind of legacy, but not everyone does. I'd like to think it can be done through hard work, but I know there's a good deal of luck involved. I guess I'm just scared that I won't be able to leave one behind...
Quote by Shr3dz0r
Very depressing indeed. The best way to avoid it could be to leave behind some kind of legacy, but not everyone does. I'd like to think it can be done through hard work, but I know there's a good deal of luck involved. I guess I'm just scared that I won't be able to leave one behind...

Who cares whether you leave a legacy or not behind. Unless you're one of those crazies who thinks there's an after life and you'll get to hear people talk all about your accomplishments while you sit on some cloud OR you think you'll be born as a different person and find a wikipedia article about your past self when you're 10 and be delighted to know it was you, you will be dead and you won't be able to know the joy of leaving a legacy behind.
Last edited by metaldud536 at Aug 3, 2011,
Quote by metaldud536
Who cares whether you leave a legacy or not behind. Unless you're one of those crazies who thinks there's an after life and you'll get to hear people talk all about your accomplishments while you sit on some cloud OR you think you'll be born as a different person and find a wikipedia article about your past self when you're 10 and be delighted to know it was you, you will be dead and you won't be able to know the joy of leaving a legacy behind.

What I figured out is that once you're dead you don't care. The end of a lifetime and all that is gone doesn't matter.

But there was an experiment where the doctor(s) measured the patients' weigh before and after the death on a calibrated bed. They lost 3/4 of an ounce after death.

What was that? Their soul? Spirit? Who knows.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Quote by Shr3dz0r

I'm just making sure I write down a lot of my feelings and thoughts. Either in small quotes or novels, or songs. Just so that my thoughts are used in some way. Not that I really care about a legacy or so, but it would be nice to know that the thoughts that I had and my ideas and opinions are still there in the future. Not that they need to be attached to my as a part of who I am or so. I'm not about my ego.

But it would be sad if your ideas and thoughts just disappeared along with your body.
Quote by OldRocker
What I figured out is that once you're dead you don't care. The end of a lifetime and all that is gone doesn't matter.

But there was an experiment where the doctor(s) measured the patients' weigh before and after the death on a calibrated bed. They lost 3/4 of an ounce after death.

That was their bowels loosening, basically pinching a terminal death loaf... Sounds like grandma crapped a 21g-er.

EDIT: Jesus Christ... reading through this thread. Everybody; grow up. I feel like the mean adult telling the oldest joke in the world to a room full of kids for the first time..

ready?

Life sucks, and then you die.

Last edited by Rising at Aug 3, 2011,
Quote by OldRocker

Wasn't that from Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol?
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

But it would be sad if your ideas and thoughts just disappeared along with your body.

This is exactly how I feel. And no I don't believe in after-life or reincarnation.
Quote by genghisgandhi
I don't plan on ever being on a death bed, let alone dying. If I do for some reason die though, it won't be from some boring ailment that will put me on a deathbed. I want to die in a forest or on the plains of Africa.

+1
Quote by Rising
Life sucks, and then you die.

Why should it have to?
Last edited by Shr3dz0r at Aug 3, 2011,
Quote by OldRocker

Doesn't a body get heavier after Death?
I've thought about this, but we cant all live our lives to the fullest every second. There's always gonna be some time that we may have wasted, its natural.

How much time you misuse, is up to you
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Quote by OldRocker

A quick google search reveals it was only one doctor, the majority of the patients in the experiment died of tuberculosis, and the experiment hasn't been reproduced succesfully.
Nothing matters after you die. AT ALL. You stop thinking and everything you had ever done amounts to nothing, because you are nothing. You stopped existing.
just life your life and enjoy it.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by I am wet
just life your life and enjoy it.

lolwut
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Just do whatever makes you happy. It's better than having to think about sadness and pain when you're dying.
cat
Quote by Weaponized
Nothing matters after you die. AT ALL. You stop thinking and everything you had ever done amounts to nothing, because you are nothing. You stopped existing.

Pretty much this. I sincerely doubt you will be thinking much before you die, probably about how much pain you're in or how your body feels a little different than usual. Grow up people, this isn't elementary school anymore. All that "life flashing before your eyes" stuff is just a damn fairy tale that became widespread because people are afraid of death.
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
Personally I like to think that when we go, we go through a phase of a serene release into nothingness, and then we're born again and live out our lives in exactly the same way into infinity. So ya, I try to make it count.
'And if this clock keeps beating down, let the branded time keep playing, of all the minutes that were taken away, will your watch be waiting.'
When I'm on my death bed I'll probably crack one last smart ass comment; then die before they can think of a comeback.
Order & Justice
Order Restored, Justice Served
Quote by Slaughtered
Personally I like to think that when we go, we go through a phase of a serene release into nothingness, and then we're born again and live out our lives in exactly the same way into infinity. So ya, I try to make it count.

what makes you think that?
'Cause it's a bittersweet symphony, this life.
Trying to make ends meet,
You're a slave to money then you die.

Aw, yeah.

Anyway, who cares? You got one shot, try and make the most of it. If you don't, it doesn't matter cos you will ultimately die anyway.

Quote by Shr3dz0r

Carve your name into a rock.
Life is chock full of trivial things that don't matter. Don't feel bad simply because it's easy to kill time nowadays. If lazing doesn't appeal to you find something fulfilling and productive to do with your days. I'm sure you'll find a calling or whatever.
I read a quote once that went something like,

"This is your flash of life. You're born, you live, and then you die, and in a flash you enter an eternity of nothingness, a scary concept but it's reality. I believe not that we are physical beings having a spiritual experience, but spiritual beings having a physical experience. So what will you do with your flash of life?"
Thanks for the link. I thought this part was also very good

"Lying on my death bed, I’ll be so glad I spent half my life being angry at the government, big corporations, my stupid neighbors, idiot drivers, my ungrateful family, the communists, the liberals, the illegal aliens, and everyone else who is ruining my life. I couldn’t do anything about any of it, but at least I died a bitter old unhappy man. That will show them."
Quote by Jawlytomtom
what makes you think that?

It's the only thing that really makes sense to me.. What really sparked this theory was the fact that I pretty much experience deja-vu everyday, and sometimes can foresee my future in dreams through symbols and fractals in my dreams. Very difficult to translate but the clues are there nonetheless...
'And if this clock keeps beating down, let the branded time keep playing, of all the minutes that were taken away, will your watch be waiting.'
I try to not get too depressed about the idea of nothingness, i mean before i was born i didn't care cus i wasn't here. I do often wonder about any 'afterlife' of any kind , but it's all just gonna be speculation untill i die and somehow am still around or not, we'll see.

I don't wanna think too much about being on my deathbed, i hope i'm with the people who matter to me at the time if i do end up going that way.
Quote by Slaughtered
It's the only thing that really makes sense to me.. What really sparked this theory was the fact that I pretty much experience deja-vu everyday, and sometimes can foresee my future in dreams through symbols and fractals in my dreams. Very difficult to translate but the clues are there nonetheless...

So, why didn't you stop 9/11?? Asshole.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
To all you swedes:

Vi ses i Nangijala

Page 1 of 2