First of all, I'm 17, I have a GED, and I want to study physics.

I want to refresh my memory of math before I go take the placement test at the community college.
The last bit of math that I understood was Geometry, I just didnt do my work.

Do you guys know of any websites that I could use to bone?
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Whatever you do, don't use Math.com

They're just awful really.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by robbo546hall
lol bone

The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Quote by SKArface McDank
Do you guys know of any websites that I could use to bone?

I would get banned if I posted links, but if you really want some, I could help you out. PM me.
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Whatever you do, don't use Math.com

They're just awful really.

what was your experience with it? Why's it awful?

I'm also looking for course work, That I could work through from the start instead of just starting wherever.
- Carl Sagan
Last edited by SKArface McDank at Aug 3, 2011,
^ looks good, thanks man
- Carl Sagan
I've used Paul's Online Math Notes a lot. He's a professor at a college (forgot which) and he posted up all his course work notes. It's pretty awesome.
Quote by SKArface McDank
what was your experience with it? Why's it awful?

I'm also looking for course work, That I could work through from the start instead of just starting wherever.

None of the links work on the website. They tease you with such an appealing name like 'math.com' and they don't even deliver. I was disappointed.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
MIT OpenCourseWare is good, but being MIT it starts at calculus I believe...

You could probably find a used math book at a bookstore for pretty cheap. Basic math hasn't changed in a very long time so even if the book is old it would still be fine.

For CC exam you should probably focus on Algebra/Geometry/Trig, I don't think they test calculus on them..

Good Luck
Thanks alot guys! I didnt think anyone would bother.

And yeah! I forgot there's a book only goodwilll really close to my house. Hopefully I can find a good one thanks for the idea
- Carl Sagan
Last edited by SKArface McDank at Aug 3, 2011,
Does anyone by any chance know of websites like those but that are in text format instead of video lessons?

The videos are very helpful, but I probably wouldn't use them until Trig or Algebra II
I really want to power through Algebra I and Geometry
- Carl Sagan