on what i should get so i can sound a bit like him? i know he uses a big muff, but other then that, i don't know too much.

can anyone help me out?

thanks
Just get some clean tube amp, a Big Muff, eventually some distortions and maybe an EHX POG (to get tones like on "Blue Orchid"). Other than that I'd say a guitar with singlecoils would do. Eastwood makes a replica of the guitar he is using most of the time.
digitech whammy pedal on solos, otherwise its just his magic fingers and a big muff pi. He uses cheap old guitars and amps he bought from Sears many years ago.
If you want a good idea on White's tones and equipment he uses watch the movie It Might Get Loud.
Quote by Apollo1449
digitech whammy pedal on solos, otherwise its just his magic fingers and a big muff pi. He uses cheap old guitars and amps he bought from Sears many years ago.

He uses the pog instead of the whammy these days I believe
RIP Gooze

cats
Yeah get a fuzz and an octave pedal and you'll get pretty close if you drive the fuzz hard.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Quote by Apollo1449

This +1 but more specifically he has used a 64 JB Montgomery Airline and a 60's Domino Dawson for amplification he uses a Sears Silvertone combo (valve amp). Any more info can be found here with screenies of him actually using it http://www.freewebs.com/thewhitestripesgoodpage/jackwhitestuff.htm
Turn the sustain on the muff all the way up, and the tone almost all the way down. Max out a small tube combo to the point of explosion, and buy a guitar for 49 pesos at your local pawnshop.

Congrats, you can now cover any White Stripes song.