i hear all the time that she's a bad drummer?
in what way is she a crap drummer? she can actually keep time, like a drummers meant too, and she's (she was) in one of the biggest alt bands of the century!

she also reminds me of the drummer from free too, he kept perfect time, and his drum beats we're always simple yet memorable.

your thoughts on this Gentlemen and/or Ladies?
It's not that they're simple, I think most people believe that's genuinely the limit of her playing
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
she's an easy target, dont be sucked in by it.

like her drumming or dont like her drumming, the fact that there are a million people around the world who wish they were her doesnt mean Sh**.

edit: A Damien Hirst quote springs to mind (he's an english artist). Someone looked at his work and said "Anyone can do that." and he replied "but they didnt, did they?"
Last edited by voodoochild23 at Aug 3, 2011,
Keeping a beat isn't exactly difficult. Show me one drummer that can't "keep time".
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
No one hates on Maureen Tucker for layin' down simple-as-fuck beats.

Pavement's drummer couldn't keep time, that's why they needed a second drummer.
Last edited by neidnarb11890 at Aug 3, 2011,
Gibsonman, i could name you plenty around where i am, and it is for shit drummers, im not impressed by flashy chops on the drums tbh tho.
Quote by BK202
But she doesn't do anything new or innovative to drumming. I'm not hating on her, I just think that there's many drummers that are better, and many that are worse.

yeah that is true i guess, i suppose thats more of JW's area of expertize
She does kindof suck. Her style of drumming is perfect for the White Stripes though: minimalistic. I read somewhere that Jack always left the drum parts up to her (he actually does know how to play the drums). If she did a bunch of crazy fills and stuff i'd like TWS a whole lot less.

For any other band, Meg sucks. For The White Stripes, she's perfect.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by BK202
But she doesn't do anything new or innovative to drumming.

I mean, that's not really fair. most guitarists aren't doing anything new or innovative either.

but like someone said, she was perfect for the White Stripes.
personally, i think meg white was fairly original in her style. her willingness to play the drums however she simply she wanted to play them, amid all of the hysteria surrounding technical proficiency in the music world, and to make it sound good... that on it's own is more impressive, more original, and more innovative than she's given credit for. it's a difficult thing to do, to say hmm you know what, im just gonna kick the bass drum for this entire song. and it'll be awesome.
Quote by voodoochild23
personally, i think meg white was fairly original in her style. her willingness to play the drums however she simply she wanted to play them, amid all of the hysteria surrounding technical proficiency in the music world, and to make it sound good... that on it's own is more impressive, more original, and more innovative than she's given credit for. it's a difficult thing to do, to say hmm you know what, im just gonna kick the bass drum for this entire song. and it'll be awesome.

You don't know any Avant-Garde or No Wave. All of that "innovative" minimalist work has been done long before Meg White did it.
BK202, i think that you've realized that the TS is not coming back and you've decided to take this opportunity to play devil's advocate.