Page 1 of 2
What's your memory of MTV?

My #1 memory of MTV is Headbanger's Ball.

I remember being, like, 7 watching Megadeth's Hangar 18 video, and that scared the CRAP out of me.

I loved that! It's like heroin or crack. Once I got a bite of that creepy, weird headbanger stuff I just had to have more...

..and obviously I moved on to harder stuff!
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

i remember how great jersey shore is and that mtv is the best network ever because of it!!
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Aren't they actually bringing back 120 Minutes or something? Or have they already?
I remember how they used to find the most stereotypical... EVERYBODY for Real World.

The gay guy is a hairdresser, the black guy is a rapper, etc.

It's like, "Okay, you're stereotypical enough!"

Fakking HATE that crap!!
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

I remember when it first went on the air and the first VJs. I also remember when it started playing crap music and when I stopped watching it.
^^I love how they do that. Good ol programming to put the dumb people in their places, eh?
I remember when MTV2 came out & how it was suppose to just play music videos. Then they ruined that too.
Order & Justice
Order Restored, Justice Served
I have a bad memory but I can distinctly remember 98 Degrees and I would like to thank MTV for that especially.

Happy anniversary MTV
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
pop up video.

and 'mmmmmbop' >.>
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
pop up video.

and 'mmmmmbop' >.>

Wasn't that Vh1? Then again, they're probably owned by the same parent company.

I remember seeing Limp Bizkit a lot on MTV.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
TRL

Real World
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Hurray for bringing back beavis and butthead! Boo for it being about reality shows now!

All I remember Is the "oops I did it again video" "larger than life" by the backstreet boys and some n sync song where theyre singing in the street or something
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
I remember some chick pouring chocolate or some sauce all over herself and doing a sexy dance.

Can't remember her name or the song will come back if I do.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Quote by JackalUK
I remember there used to be music on there, and Beavis and Butthead.

NO WAI! Me too brah! we need to down some brewskis sometime, you in?
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
i remember when it first started and it HIT. kids (myself included) would watch it all day. Being from a small crap town in PA we didn't have exposure to lots of different music and this opened new door. One night around 1 or 2am i saw Ministry - "Jesus Built My Hot Rod" and it was the greatest moment of my life. Then MTV sucked and snooki wanted smoosh smoosh. the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuk62WtK4sk
Last edited by zenbone at Aug 3, 2011,
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
I always thought mtv was the way it was today. I thought it was always filled with reality shows and to much hip hop.

I never knew it was awesome.
BLANKBLANK
I remember the music on music television. Oh wait...
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
i remember liking a smash mouth music video when i was 5, then i don't remember watching MTV ever again.

is that show Awkward on MTV? i was watching that the other day at my friends house and laughing at how stupid it is.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
I remember my sister watching TRL every ****ing day while I patiently waited for her to stop so I could play some goddamn smash bros.
im guilty of actually enjoying a few shows from that,

room raiders, shit was hilarious
super sweet 16, id watch it to ****ing bash on the douche bags
yo momma! i mean who doesnt like fez?
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Beavis and butthead. Right before the death of MTV.
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
There's one of these threads already, but I need to tell you little shits that MTV started to suck around the time that Randee of the Redwoods split the scene.

MTV has been a failsnowball since they stopped showing his shorts.
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.
Quote by Arfey McFeeshy
I always thought mtv was the way it was today. I thought it was always filled with reality shows and to much hip hop.

I never knew it was awesome.

It once was young lad, it once was...

Also does anybody remember Celebrity Death Match?
Quote by Shr3dz0r
It once was young lad, it once was...

Also does anybody remember Celebrity Death Match?

oh shit, this.

i completely forgot having that show ravage my innocent little mind at the age of 5 or 6. i used to take it so seriously though. like the time Mariah Carey beat Jim Carrey by screaming so loud his head exploded. i was such a big Ace Ventura fan at the time i stopped watching the show for a while
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
I've never watched MTV in my entire life. I always thought the songs were horrible and the reality shows were all predictable and cliche. By the time I was 10, MTV was already at its worst.
I remember sitting around with my friends smoking dope drinking beer waiting for the test pattern on the cable channel to clear and MTV to start.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
I remember sitting around with my friends smoking dope drinking beer waiting for the test pattern on the cable channel to clear and MTV to start.

I have a couple of questions to ask...

1- MTV was around in the 18th century?

2- You have friends?
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
I have a couple of questions to ask...

1- MTV was around in the 18th century?

2- You have friends?

No silly. 1981.
I used to have a lot of friends. Most of them are dead now.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58

dope is heroin. i think you mean weed. weed =/= dope
Quote by jakesmellspoo
dope is heroin. i think you mean weed. weed =/= dope

Don't try to tell me what weed is. I have seeds in my album collection older than your mothers vaginal warts.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
No silly. 1981.
I used to have a lot of friends. Most of them are dead now.

You just made me feel like an asshole.

Quote by L2112Lif
Quote by Jackal58
Don't try to tell me what weed is. I have seeds in my album collection older than your mothers vaginal warts.

Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Quote by Jackal58

wow, calm the **** down. i just hate people referring to weed as dope. you can confuse people and end up having them show up at your door with needles and spoons.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
wow, calm the **** down. i just hate people referring to weed as dope. you can confuse people and end up having them show up at your door with needles and spoons.

I'm calm. Dope is weed. Smokin dope is smokin weed. Weed was dope in '68 '78 '88 '98 and '08. If you guys changed it in the last 3 years that's your problem.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
You just made me feel like an asshole.

Mission accomplished.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Page 1 of 2