Poll: Are there any bands that you think are good, but you can't get into?
Poll Options
View poll results: Are there any bands that you think are good, but you can't get into?
Yes
120 78%
No
8 5%
TS is a freak.
26 17%
Voters: 154.
Page 1 of 5
Okay, I don't know if that really makes sense. I want to know if you guys know of any bands that you think are good, but can't listen to much. One band that I feel this way about is Dinosaur Jr. I think they're a good band, but no matter how hard I try I just can't get into them.

Is there anyone else in the pit that's like this, or am I just a freak?
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
The Rolling Stones or U2. I just don't enjoy the music
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
"Bands that you know are talented and have a good reputation for a reason, but you couldn't give two shits about them" sounds like a better title.
You are a freak because you can't get into Dinosaur Jr.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
*cough* freak *cough*
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
there are a lot of bands that i think are good bands but just not for me. I don't like even bringing them up because it always degrades into a flame war of "how can you not like ......."
Quote by genghisgandhi
BTBAM is the perfect example of an extremely talented band that can't write a song for shit.

Is that what you're asking?

No sir. I'm asking for bands that you'll hear and think that they're good, but you can't be a fan of their music.

Quote by severed-metal
"Bands that you know are talented and have a good reputation for a reason, but you couldn't give two shits about them" sounds like a better title.

That would have worked too.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
I dunno, I mean, I guess if I wasn't into a band I wouldn't really think of them as 'good', regardless of whether they're talented or whatever.
steve vai/joe satch

most of their work is just technical bullshit if you ask me
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by genghisgandhi
BTBAM is the perfect example of an extremely talented band that can't write a song for shit.

Is that what you're asking?

I came in here to say the exact same thing.

You're alright.
I can't get into Dream Theater, BTBAM and a couple of others.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Not a freak at all. It's understandable to accept talent but not connect with it. It's pretty similar to recognizing a good artist/painter but not being able to connect to "art". Instead you connect with "music".

I KNOW Monet is good but I can't appreciate his work for what it is as I don't connect with paintings.

Make sense? probably not. I'm drunk. Again.

Conclusion. Something to do with taste.
Quote by genghisgandhi
You don't like post-rock.

ಠ_ಠ

I've got my eye on you.

Whats post-rock
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by mikeyknowsbetter
why?

Because this is the Pit, so a flame fest is inevitable.
Quote by L2112Lif
Quote by genghisgandhi
That's not the genre they normally play through.

And to clarify, I enjoy BTBAM, I just think that they could be much better if they had some better songwriting abilities.

Fair do's. I feel the same to be honest, I have to be very much in the mood to listen to them.

I think to a lesser extent; Opeth. I was actually a huge fan for years, and then I woke up one day and thought to myself ''These arrangements make no sense''. Some of their stuff is still fantastic, but Akerfeldts need to be proggy marrs the structure a lot of the time. Never been able to listen to them in the same way for ages.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Whats post-rock

I don't know, but it totally post rocks!
Quote by L2112Lif
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Whats post-rock

It's like regular music, but dragged out and boring and much more pretentious.
Obligatory "The Beatles"

That, and Converge. However I'm on the cusp...I can feel it...
Quote by due 07
Bon Iver
Calculator
Defeater
Hot Water Music
Pianos Become The Teeth

Are they too mainstream or something?
Quote by L2112Lif
Quote by Doppelgänger

Speaks volumes really.

Quote by Well.......
It's like regular music, but dragged out and boring and much more pretentious.

So, kind of like hipsters are regular people but more boring and pretentious?

I think I get it now.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
I don't know, but it totally post rocks!

Acording to that guy ^ it doesn't
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Are they too mainstream or something?
That's the thing -- Bon Iver is widely acclaimed as the hippest artist this side of Jackson Pollack, and I just can't get into it.
Quote by Well.......
I guess I'm not enough of a hipster idiot to "get" it.

Then explain your contribution to the second UG Post-Rock album!

Page 1 of 5