i was drawn to musiciansfriend.com because they didnt collect sales tax in CA and shipping was free. i recently heard they are collect sales tax in CA and im kind of frustrated cause i hate how much the sales tax can be, if i wanted to pay for that id rather got to guitar center. i was going to get an ESP EC 401 which is like $600 and with the sales tax i will end paying and extra $60 which i was going to use on a hardshell case. now i dont know what to do is there another site out there like musicians friend that doesnt collect sales tax? [some of you might be thinking "just pay the $60!" but i am on a very strict budget cause im also paying for college]
If you're on a budget that strict, just go used. You can easily score that guitar for $300-400 on craigs list or ebay.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Until they start charging tax why worry? There's loads of other online retailers - sweetwater, AMS, zzounds...
Same day music is good, I have used them a few times and they will even split your bill into two easy payments called "speed pay", if it is over a certain dollar amount. You just pay the first half and they send your stuff, then they deduct the other half a month or two later ( they tell you when of course)

www.samedaymusic.com

Also sweetwater has been good to me, they sometimes send me candy!
If you're on such a strict budget that $60 f*cks your plan, don't buy a guitar.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Quote by Reisgar42
If you're on such a strict budget that $60 f*cks your plan, don't buy a guitar.

that's exactly what i was thinking.

not to mention i have never found a good hardshell case for < $60 from a retailer.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
Sweetwater, ZZ sounds, AMS, Sam Ash, Music 123... Take your pick.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by dlguitarmaster7
sam ash doesnt collect sales tax in CA.

thats dissapointing to hear tho about Musicians Friend. they were my favorite site

yeah musicians friend used to be my favorite site but now i guess ill have to switch over to sam ash. which is ironic because i used to order stuff online that would take days to arrive, i actually live like 4 blocks from sam ash
Zzzounds are great and don't charge tax. But call the order in and see if you can talk them into giving you a discount. They like giving discounts over the phone. Wonderful people.