Ok so here's the deal.

My band has played at a venue twice that recorded our whole set for free, and it actually sounds better quality than our $800 professionally recorded 4 song EP. So what our idea was, we could take the songs that we played good (alot of our stuff was spot on perfect) and release a Live EP to both throw out at shows, and possibly sell. It would spare us the cost of recording another CD with some of the new material we have.

what are you guys' thoughts on this? We've been together for a little over a year, if that helps anything.
Guitars: Epiphone Slash AFD Les Paul, Schecter Omen-6, and Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Amp: Jet City JCA20H with JCA12s cab
Pedalboard: Crybaby Classic, Boss DS-1, Korg Multi FX, BBE Boosta Grande, Rocktron HUSH Pedal. ProCo Rat.
Quote by Punkrokkboi

it actually sounds better quality than our $800 professionally recorded 4 song EP.

Why wouldn't you?
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
I say do it. It could only benefit you guys, since people may want to know how you guys sound live before going to a show. Plus the thought of putting out a live EP for your band just sounds like it could benefit your morale and make you feel badass. That's how I'd feel anyway.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
Sounds like you came online for us to tell you to do what you are already going to do
Quote by Gyoung1991
Sounds like you came online for us to tell you to do what you are already going to do

hahaha pretty much......... just wanted some input i guess.

Thanks for the answers, we're definitely going to do it. And we also need a morale boast for sure right now. Our bassist is leaving the band for college and we don't feel very motivated about anything right now.
Guitars: Epiphone Slash AFD Les Paul, Schecter Omen-6, and Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Pedalboard: Crybaby Classic, Boss DS-1, Korg Multi FX, BBE Boosta Grande, Rocktron HUSH Pedal. ProCo Rat.
Just make sure you listen to your studio recordings and your live recordings side by side on the same speakers. It may have just been the speakers that make the live recordings sound better.
I hate my sig
Quote by QuantumMechanix
Just make sure you listen to your studio recordings and your live recordings side by side on the same speakers. It may have just been the speakers that make the live recordings sound better.

I have listened to both records on my car system (which is really nice), my home theater system (even nicer), and my shitty laptop speakers, and in all cases the live recordings sound a bit better than the studio.